Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What are people watching? (The 2nd)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Watched the first 4 episodes of Avenger....pretty good plot and intriguing story. Keeps making me wonder what happened to Layla and her "DOLL".
Watched first 4 episodes of Read or Die Tv Series. So far so good. As good as the OVA.
Rahxephon is pretty good too.....
Going to watch Peacemaker Kurogane later....it looks good.
I watched Pet Shop Of Horrors on Halloween, hehe. It was a fun little title. I also sat through the audio commentary, which was much less fun. Wink I'm 3 or 4 eps into the 2nd disc of Tekkaman now, which is still cheesy as ever. Big Grin
Welp, I finished up Virus Buster Serge yesterday, which either had a confusing ending, confusing subs, or both. Wink It was... ok. But it seems that I've been watching a lot of mediocre stuff lately so it fit right in. Wink Ah well.. Anyway, I'm on disc 3 of Tekkaman now.. I think I have about 5 eps left in this series, which is still cheesy. I should finish this one up by the weekend. I'll be starting Votoms very very soon now.. All 16 R1 discs worth. Wink
I rented some hentai to watch today

Blackmail 2 Vol 1,2 and 3
Bizarre Cage Vol 1, 2 and 3
Whew, finally finished Tekkaman. It had a pretty good plot for such an old series, but as I keep saying, it was cheesy. I immediately started up Tekkaman Blade, which seems to take place in the distant future after the original series, although after 2 eps it's hard to really figure out how far in the future it really is. It looks like the alien menace from the first series is gone though, and so far there hasn't been any reference to the characters from the original series. The spaceship Blue Earth is in both series, as of course is Tekkaman, who is now called Tekkaman Blade in this one, with a new outfit but the same couple of basic weapons from what I can tell. Tekkaman makes a much cooler noise in the old series when he's attacking, I gotta say. Big Grin

I also started Armored Trooper Votoms this week.. It's hard to make too many comments after 2 eps, but so far so good. It looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun to watch.
Damn, doesn't anybody watch anime any more? ~_~ Hehe. Well, I'm on the 3rd disc of Tekkaman Blade now. It's not bad, but it's not really my thing. Lots of combat and melodrama. You know, your main character is the strong and silent type who agonizes over his inner termoil, the leading lady sees the good in him and loves him, etc etc. Various battles against alien invaders occur.. It's done well but I've seen it before. I finished disc 4 of Votoms yesterday.. This one continues to impress me. Very engaging plot. Heck, I just bought it cause it was a cheap right stuf bundle. I'll be damned if it isn't really good. I've not seen much Gundam, only Wing, but I can tell ya that Votoms is certainly better than that one. Also watched Disc 2 of Super Gals, which is a cute show. Also watched disc 1 of Mao-Chan, which makes Super Gals look like Fist of the North Star. For fans of cute, This show has truckloads of it to dump on your head, and just when you think you can breathe they dump more cute all over you. I thought it was great, but you have to have a high tolerance for cute to enjoy it. Wink
I just finished Grappler Baki season 1 and 2 about a month ago. If you like fighting anime then this is for you. It's about Baki, a 13 year old boy who's father is the most powerfull and evil fighter in the world (no seriously, he is). The basic story is simple: he wants to beat his father.

The first season starts in ep.1 with Baki picking a fight with a hundred high school students and he gets knocked out after beating 37 of them (still room for improvement). The coolest opening ep. I have ever seen. Then in the rest of the series he trains and gets into fights to become stronger. The great thing about this series is the choreagrafie (sp?) of the very realistic fights. Every fighter has his own fighting style and you get to know a little about there past and motivation to fight. This is done so good that you feel like you know how the charracter thinks after a few minutes in the fight and because Baki actually loses sometimes you never know if he's going to win or lose.
The fight scenes are animated great with cool moves you have never seen before and there is a new fight in almost every episode.

The second season is my favorite. Baki is 18 now. After getting very pissed with his father over something that happened in the first season he wants to become the strongest fighter in the world and enters a tournament with the greatest fighters in the world. 32 Fighters enter the tournament and every fight is fully shown (16 fights in the first round, 8 in the second etc.). This season is full of cool charrecters who could deserve their own show and ofcourse Long (Baki's father) shows up a couple of times. This season is 85% fighting with charrecters who box/wrestle/karate/kung-fu/grapple... well every technique you can think of. There's no energy ball fireing is this show, just knuckles and feet, so don't expect another dragonballz.

This is available on HKDVD but the subtitles for the first season are VERY bad. It's still very much worth it though because you'll get the main theme which is get stronger than dad and you won't find fights like this anywhere else. The rest of the set (video/audio) are excelent dvd quality which is the most important in this kind of show. No pixelation in the fight scenes.

I haven't been this excited about an anime sinds Dragonballz and it's on the top of my list. If you like fighting, GET THIS NOW!!!
Watched some new and old stuff today

Onegai Twins Vol 1
Golden Boy Vol 1 and 2
Karekuno-oh Vol 1,2 and 3
Dvine Luv Vol 1,2,3 and 4
I have in the past couple weeks watched (after -Finally- finishing 95 episodes of Kenshin):

Haibane Renmai
Cowboy Bebop: Knocking of Heaven's Door
Porco Rosso
FLCL
Vision of Escaflowne
My Neighbour Totoro
Tokyo Babylon
Serial Experiments Lain
Naruto 1-21 (MI's Part one)
and I've just started watching Berserk... up to episode 7 I believe.
Don't worry Shibo I still watch anime!Big Grin I just watched the first episode of Gungrave, and I really can't tell if I like it yet or not. It is one of those shows that (if done right) could go either way. Hopefully it goes the good way. I also started to watch Gunslinger Girl, and yet to have a real opinion on it. I'll keep you guys posted.Smile
Been watching Green Green TV, this show is so perverted. Hehe, my kind of show.

Also at ep 4 of Ai Yori Aoshi Enshi, Kaoru and Aoi's relationship is crawling at a snail's pace.

One more episode, I think of FMP Fumoffu, I'm really enjoying this series. My favorite episodes from the 1st series was the school ones and this whole series is like that

SPOILERS

Sagara is opening up to Chidori, he called her beaufitul at the end of the last episode, coming from Sagara that's like a proposal.
I've been watching the Ninja Scroll tv series and it has been a major dissapointment mainly because of the subtitles. The story (from what I can piece together) isn't that good either. Watched FLCL again last night because it's just so damn good. ^_^
I never rented and watched so many anime in just one day but I got no life

Angel in Court Vol 1 and 2
Banner of the Star 2 Vol 2
El Vol 1 and 2
Immoral Sister Vol 3
Infinite Ryvious Vol 1
Kamyla Vol 1 and 2
Nadesico the movie: Prince of Darkness
Saiyuki Vol 6
Cool, Banner of Stars 2 vol 2 is out. Going to check it out next week.
Finished disc 4 of Tekkaman Blade and disc 5 of Votoms. Whew.. I did watch a lot of anime this past week while I was on vacation but when I'm watching long series like this for some reason it just doesn't seem like I accomplished much, heh. Ah well. I may actually manage to finish Tekkaman Blade within the next week, that'll be cool. I'll be watching Votoms forever though. Wink