Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What are people watching? (The 2nd)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been watching Weiss Kreuz, bleh, shows about a bunch of pretty boys posing around with bad animation and plot holes isn't exactly my idea of fun
Ended up watching disc 5 of Flame of Recca last night. So now I really am gonna watch disc 4 of Kodomo no Omocha.. Watched the first ep on the disc before bed last night.
I just finished watching the first episode of Wolf's Rain (thanks again matthew) on my new computer. I think it could be something special if they progress in just the right manner.Big Grin

Well on to Azumanga Daioh!Smile
Just finished The Complete Shamanic Princess. Spent 3 hours straight. Pretty good show. Beautiful girls. The only weird part is the origin/beginning of the story is only showed after the big finale. Smile Oh well, it's still good!
Finished Flame of Recca last night. Lots and lots of action. I thought the tournament was hella cool. =) They left the series pretty open ended, but I think it's been over long enough that there's not much chance of it continuing.. I hear the manga keeps going though, so that's cool anyway.. I'll have to pick it up. I really do need to watch more Kodomo No Omocha. It's a crazy show with lots of shrill kids' voices and screaming, so it gets on Jennifer's nerves. I try to watch it when she's not around out of courtesy to her, so I'm moving through it kinda slowly, hehe.
Unfortunately, I'm stuck in Joplin, Missouri for a business trip, and I'll be stuck here for a month, and considering I live in South Carolina that's a long way from home. Good side is company is paying for everything, so food and the apartment here is free!! Joplin isn't too bad there's a few clubs and a pool hall, but I don't know anyone, so it kinda blows to go out by yourself. Thank GOD I brought some anime that I saved for just this trip, so I'd have something to watch while I'm up here, so for the time being I've watched all of .Hack SIGN, El Hazard - The Magnificent World, and Chobits. I ordered quite a few new anime series while I was up here, but I won't be able to see them til like the end of August when I get home. Currently the anime videos at home waiting are Serial Experiments Lain, FLCL, Final Fantasy Unlimited, Jin Roh, Battle Athletes, Excel Saga, Silent Moebius, Ranma 5th Season, Ranma OVAs, and Ruruoni Kenshin - Samurai X Movie. I'll most likely buy more as this kick ass web site updates its inventory, so I'll be pretty busy trying to catch up when I get back. Yay...
Watched Priness Nine #1 yesterday. So far so good. Tried watching Lain#1. However, didn't really seem to interest me that much so after watching the first episode, I stopped.
Stick with Lain, Japschin. You won't regret it. It's a great series. =) Watched 3 more eps on disc 4 of Kodomo No Omocha last night. Man, I wish it was friday..
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
Watched Priness Nine #1 yesterday. So far so good. Tried watching Lain#1. However, didn't really seem to interest me that much so after watching the first episode, I stopped.

finally, someone else that's trying Princess Nine. I loved that series. I couldn't get past episode 2 of Lain, so good luck.
Yestarday I watched two of the Kenshin Movies. I barrowed all three (I think there's only three, or four), but only got around to watching two of them & returned them today.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
finally, someone else that's trying Princess Nine. I loved that series. I couldn't get past episode 2 of Lain, so good luck.

Big Grin Hey! Princess Nine is pretty good! I was actually kind of surprised. I was just trying out the first DVD to satisfy my curiousity about it. Well, pretty good try! I really do like it! Just finished #2. Going to watch the #3 tomorrow, I hope.Big Grin
I finished Haunted Junction today. This series is real "BAKA". Baka till it's funny. I simply love Nino and Teke Teke in this series. They are really cute!!! The President of the club, Haruto, is so spastic with the "OH MY GOD!" that I couldn't help laughing at it. I kind of find Matsuki irritating with her 'thing' for young boys. Initially it was funny but after the first 2 episodes, it gets really irritating with the same joke over and over again.
Overall, this is quite an enjoyable anime if you don't raelly care much for the story.
I wish there's English audio instead of just Japanese. It is quite a pain reading subtitles all the time.
Hey Shibo! You sure Lain is good? I've only watched less than half of the first episode that I got bored. Guess I'll have to get it from my friend again.
I finished Weiss Kreuz TV, the series actually got alot better during the second half of the show. The story line really picked up.

Going to start on Gokudo now.

Oh yeah, I also though Lain was really boring, I watched the first 6 or 7 episodes of it and it never really picked up. Gave up after that
Gokudo is really stupid but that's why i like it so much. It is just goofy and filled with good laughs. I think you'll enjoy it! I sure do!
Quote:Originally posted by matthewmalay
I finished Weiss Kreuz TV, the series actually got alot better during the second half of the show. The story line really picked up.

Going to start on Gokudo now.

Oh yeah, I also though Lain was really boring, I watched the first 6 or 7 episodes of it and it never really picked up. Gave up after that

That's what I thought about the Knight Hunters intially when I first started watching. However, the plot did get better, didn't it? Overall, I enjoyed Knight Hunters a lot.
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
[BHey Shibo! You sure Lain is good? I've only watched less than half of the first episode that I got bored. Guess I'll have to get it from my friend again. [/B]

Yes, I'm sure. =) But Lain isn't for everyone. It's not a series where you can just kinda sit around and vegetate, watch it, and immediately understand wht's going on.. It's one that I discussed with friends after was done. It's got some pretty heavy plot content, and it kinda lends itself to multiple viewings. Things aren't.. Well, explained like in some series. You don't have some bad guy or main character all of a sudden stand up and explain plot points like in some series. You're kinda just left to figure stuff out on your own and discuss it. I feel like a lot of you guys who stopped watching lain at the beginning or the middle really missed out on one of the coolest series out there. Ah well. Maybe some day you'll all give it another try. I hope you do. =)

Yay, friday! All the mainframe computer systems at work are run out of Detroit.. And as most of you know, Detroit is still without power. Ah well, should be an interesting day at work. Wink I wonder when the power will come back on...Welp, last night I watched 3 more eps of Kodomo No Omocha disc 4. Hopefully I can finish that up tonight and start on Tylor. =)