Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What are people watching? (The 2nd)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You know, I've only bought one anime related thing since June and my skyscrapers still don't look any smaller..I've certainly been doing a lot of anime watching too. =P Ah well, can't be helped I guess, heh. Watched 2 more eps of Utena last night. It's still very strange, but fun. =)
Well, maybe one day your towers will fall in defeat. I haven't seen much anime lately. I've been working on getting my movie collection going. I have to get all of my self proclaimed "classics" first. I'm on quite a roll.Big Grin

If work would pick up I could buy more anime!:mad:
Shibo can't talk about his collection till he takes some new picks for me. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by kakoi_sugoi_yama
Well, maybe one day your towers will fall in defeat. I haven't seen much anime lately. I've been working on getting my movie collection going. I have to get all of my self proclaimed "classics" first. I'm on quite a roll.Big Grin

If work would pick up I could buy more anime!:mad:

what movies have you seen recently. im with you, i am more concentrated on movies.

i probably havnt watched any anime since the beggining of the summer sometime.
Just finished:

Devil Lady Vol 6
NeoRanga Vol 4
Moonlight Lady Vol 1
DNA2 Vol 3 and 4
Thief who hunts elf 2 Vol 1
(All dub)
I've got 7 more episodes of Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz to watch...I might just splurge and watch the rest tonight. Then I guess it's back to videogames for a while. Big Grin
Watched Casshan and Landlock. I wasn't expecting much from Landlock but it was pretty good. I didn't know the Casshan R1 DVD was english only, that kinda pissed me off but the dub was OK so not much was lost.
just finished Zenki Saga I today. Pretty good. Not corny like what I've first expected.
Watched Burn Up W too. It's ok. Only thing which I don't like is the ending. It has no ending! :confused:
Yay happy saturday! I just finished up the first disc of AS Utena Rose Collection. Very, very strange series. But, it's fun. =) Next on my hitlist is Bubblegum Crisis 2040. I'm a huge fan of Bubblegum Crisis and I enjoyed Crash as well. Hopefully this one measures up.
Quote:Originally posted by OptimisticOx
what movies have you seen recently. im with you, i am more concentrated on movies.

i probably havnt watched any anime since the beggining of the summer sometime.

Well let's see. I just bought:

Stand by Me (the best King translation)
Lost Boys (I love vampire movies)
Breakfast Club
Encino Man (the first movie I saw in the theater, what a shame)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer ( one of my late childhood favorites)
The Goonies (everyone should own this classic movie)

Most of these movies are just mediocre, but they have alot of nostalgic value attached to them. I plan on buying Requiem for a Dream, and Pi soon since I can get them both for less than twenty.

It's not that I have gotten out of anime. It's just that I can afford movies right now, and that is about it. As soon as work picks up I have alot of sets to buy.Smile
I noticed you have alot of 80's movies in there. I like 80's stuff as well. But Encino Man??? I would never admit to that one. Pauly Shore??? Big Grin
No money so i can't watch anynow. But if u want to put anime on my TAB Big Grin let me know
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
I noticed you have alot of 80's movies in there. I like 80's stuff as well. But Encino Man??? I would never admit to that one. Pauly Shore??? Big Grin

Me, I'm a huge eighties movie fan. In a way those eighties movies were my parents (my parents were working all the time as a kid). So I watched alot of movies, also we didn't have cable television so... we rented alot. In the case of Encino Man it was the first movie I saw in the theater (we were fairly poor so I didn't see many movies in the theater) so I attribute liking that movie to that. Pauly Shore is a douche bag.Big Grin
Slowly going through Miracle Girls. In my top ten now. Smile
Hey on the topic of eighties movies the lost boy's is the bomb movie from the eighties....

Just finished watching .Hack watched it all in one night so i could start playing the game and what do I do start playing ark of the lad....
good RPG but now I must wait to start .Hack maybe a good thing since I am a little upset with how it ended in the anime... but that is what the game and OVA's are for right shultz