Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What are people watching? (The 2nd)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And other word of advice, I'm pertty sure the R1 box set of Hellsing is like 80 bucks or something like that, I checked the prices on a lot junk while I was in Best Buy two days ago. As for what I'm watching, nothing at the monment, but I have totally decided to get Kenshin Perfect Collection Mac
Quote:Originally posted by Prophet Hero
Just started Nadesico R4/2. Only watched two eps, but I like what I've seen so far.

Impressed with package too. The translator's notes are an interesting feature and something I'd like to see included in more releases.

The translator's notes are only on Disc 1 - four episodes only. Really disappointing since they were both interesting and informative.
Finished Scryed disc 2 last night, then watched the first 3 eps of Disc 2 of Macross 7. I'm still waiting for M7 to pick up and become more interesting..I hope to finish M7 today and maybe watch some of the last disc of Scryed.
Watched entire Blue Seed. Rewatched ep 24 - 26 three times because I really like the ending. The Rite of Matsuri tune is catchy. Was pleasantly surprised that Blue Seed was drawn as the same design as 3X3. Tempting to buy the R1 because MAC Blue Seed only has an Omake on disk1 which apparently there is an Omake in every disk..

Also watched Eva movie 1 and 2 without having ever watched ep 1-26. I've read the transcript (fansubs?) of Eva and have avoided watching it given many anime have borrowed ideas from it (ie Dual Parallel). I must say WOW after watching the movies and getting a sense why Eva is one of the formidable anime in anime history. The story is very rich and there's sufficient gore unsuitable for the fainted hearts. Very tempted to get the R1...(as I hear the faint cries from my wallet)
I decided to watch my MI Akira collectors ED last night.. Man, that movie was so far ahead of its time.. so that was fun, hehe. Big Grin I also finished Macross 7 Disc 2.. Still waiting for the series to pick up. I mean, it's not bad, but it's not drawing me in either. If it wasn't for Mylene, the bishoujo with the pink hair, I prolly would have an even harder time watching it. Wink I may start the last disc of Scryed tonight, depending on how much other stuff is on the bonus disc of Akira.
Didn't get any anime watching in since my friends conned me into going to Atlantic City with them this weekend. I did end up winning $900 though. I put $25 on Kobe's #8 on the roulette table and that hooked me up.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Didn't get any anime watching in since my friends conned me into going to Atlantic City with them this weekend. I did end up winning $900 though. I put $25 on Kobe's #8 on the roulette table and that hooked me up.

hey spread the love man, l send you my paypal detailsCool
i hear that shit, dude i wouldnt mind a mac nadesico perfect collection Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Didn't get any anime watching in since my friends conned me into going to Atlantic City with them this weekend. I did end up winning $900 though. I put $25 on Antoine Walker's #8 on the roulette table and that hooked me up. He's everybody's favorite power foward and the coolest guy around. If only he could replace that ugly Kobe Bryant on my Lakers.

I knew you liked him. Smile
Watched the first DVD of Crest of Stars. So far so good.

Also watched 2 episodes of Raimuiro Senkitan, pure garbage, the ending theme was cool though
Stop changing my words around Steve. :confused: Noone in their right mind likes Toine.
Or do they?!?
You're right, Vicious. Kobe Bryant is ugly. Long live Antoine Walker! :p

Anyway, on the anime front I watched a couple more eps of Scryed last night. I should be able to finish it up this week. I also watched 2 of the 4 specials on the 2nd disc of MI Akira.. God, the subs are kinda brutal but the actual documentaries are pretty cool since I always enjoy seeing the studios and watching animators work. I'll most likely finish up Akira this week as well. I'm not sure I'll have a chance to watch any anime tonight. It's the first night of Tai Chi. =)
Quote:Originally posted by Shibo
You're right, Vicious. Kobe Bryant is ugly. Long live Antoine Walker! :p

i say forget both of them, viva la paul pierce! Smile
I watched the movie "About Schmidt" last night. I have to say that it is very good. Go rent it now! I also watched "Adaptation" over the weekend. Also really good. I feel a little ashamed though, since I haven't been able to get much anime in.:o :o