Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What are people watching? (The 2nd)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Morning, folks. =) I'm actually passing on the TRSI sale this week, for once, heh.
I actually watched something rendom from my anime pile last night for a change. Popped in Perfect Blue, since I'd been wanting to see that one. That film was really well done. It kinda made you wonder through the whole thing if what you were watching was real or just poor Mima going nuts.. Cool film, I'd recommend it highly. It's a good one to watch with a non-anime fan, since it transcends the genre and is just a great psychological thriller. I'll prolly watch some more Marmalade Boy tonight. This is one of thos rare non-anime buying weeks for me. Feels weird. Wink
Quote:Originally posted by "Shibo"

Morning, folks. =) I'm actually passing on the TRSI sale this week, for once, heh.

You have more self control than I do. $15 a disc for Animeigo is too good to pass up.

I'm still working on Battle Athletes Victory. I'm at around episode 16 now.
Almost finished with the second disc on my Dragonball set. Confusedweatdrop:
Quote:Originally posted by "Shibo"

Popped in Perfect Blue, since I'd been wanting to see that one. That film was really well done. It kinda made you wonder through the whole thing if what you were watching was real or just poor Mima going nuts.. Cool film, I'd recommend it highly. It's a good one to watch with a non-anime fan, since it transcends the genre and is just a great psychological thriller.

I love that anime! :mrgreen:

Excuse me...who are you? 8O

Watched Rurouni Kenshin Trust & Betrayal and SeiSouhen again...
Watched If I see you in my Dreams. It was a decent OVA. Also still working on Battle Athletes.

I read Shibo's rant on the main page and have to agree with him. Although I am one of those people that doesn't like buying Viz stuff due to the 3 episode per disc thing. Even if I had the money to buy them, I wouldn't, simply due to the principle. That's my little bit of revenge, by cutting into their profits by purchasing HK's. I do however like the gatefolds that HK's use and really do wish more R1's would do the same. They help me save on alot of shelf space.
Finished Nadia and l have to say this is must have anime l feel, the story is simply brillant, I'm considering get the R1s unless MI or MAc does a rip but the subs are superb except for two episodes when it goes crap, but its simply a brillant brillant anime

the ending ending is screwy, and Samson - that lucky bastard, but surely illegal 8O
Nadia's a great series. =) I actually just ordered the Nadia movie recently, R1 since there's no HK version that I know of. Haven't watched it yet though. I just finished up Marmalade Boy disc 1 and I'm loving it. Next up I think it's time that I finished off this big Slayers Box. Wink Watched 9 discs, time to finish up the final disc of Slayers Try and move on. =) I dunno how much watching I can get done this weekend.. I really don't want to go to this baseball game this weekend. =P Stupid schmoozing... Rather stay home with Jennifer, relax, and watch some anime. Ah well. Speaking of anime, time to make the most of the time I have and watch some. :mrgreen:
my sister keeps on buggin me about Slayers, the only reason l want to see it is becasue she tells me there's a gay dragon in it, l mean WTF where does she learn stuff like that from??
erm...I don't know if this counts as anime, but I just got through watching the Powerpuff Girls movie... :mrgreen: :oops:
I don't think Powerpuff Girls count as anime, no. :lol: I finished up Slayers yesterday. I suppose there is a dragon who could be considered gay in one episode of Slayers, heh. But there's al ot more to the series than that. =P I really liked Slayers Try, I thought it was the best of the 3 seasons and I highly recommend it. Lessee, what else did I do yesterday.. Started Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer, and finished it this morning. It was a pretty fun movie and I think it made me want to buy the Animeigo stuff.. Well want to buy it more than I did before. Wink It's actually at #18 on my list of stuff to buy, so I'm sure I'll eventually own it. :mrgreen: Today I have to spend most of my time schmoozing so there's not gonna be a lot of time for anime watching, but I think I should at least be able to make a dent in Marmalade Boy disc 2. That's the plan anyway.
Quote:Originally posted by "yakumo"

my sister keeps on buggin me about Slayers, the only reason l want to see it is becasue she tells me there's a gay dragon in it, l mean WTF where does she learn stuff like that from??

It's a TV dragon. Drag-on. Big Grin
Finished Battle Athletes Victory. I thought it was a pretty entertaining series. It got corny at times, but there was enough humor present to carry me through. Now I have to go see the OVA's, since I heard it's an alternate storyline.

I also watched If I see you in my dreams. It was a 3 episode OVA which was pretty good.

Like Berserker, I also watched parts of the Powerpuff Girls movie. Although, that is not anime.
I finished Volume 25 of Urusei Yatsura. Started watching Sakura Diaries Collector Set, and got up to episode 2.

On deck is: Virtua Fighter ^_^
Finished watching Hellsing which was an enjoyable romp. Now onto Witch Hunter Robin. Smile
Man Hellsing was sweet, l watched again this weekend and going to rewatch the Ring trilogy as part of my revison scheme