Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What are people watching? (The 2nd)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
Watched Castle in the Sky. All I can say is 'WOW'. Miyazaki is definitely the best director around. My least favorite title by him so far has been Mononoke. Castle in the Sky was just awesome.

sob Laputa is the best anime or film ever for me
Quote:Originally posted by yakumo
sob Laputa is the best anime or film ever for me

I agree. Laputa is simply beautiful and my favourite film too.

Toying with ditching my R1 for the R3 though.
Quote:Originally posted by Prophet Hero
I agree. Laputa is simply beautiful and my favourite film too.

Toying with ditching my R1 for the R3 though.

Thats what l was thinking too, gettin rid of my R1 for the R2 instead since it has the old streamline eng dub l first watched ages ago on ITV
Thats what l was thinking too, gettin rid of my R1 for the R2 instead since it has the old streamline eng dub l first watched ages ago on ITV

I just want less cack-handed subs!
The R1 is just shite, they screwed one of the best films ever made into a sub standard product. l can't see Disney ever fucking one of their porducts up ever
I might go R3 for Porco and Totoro just to be on the safe side. I'm glad I went R3 for Spirited Away.
R1 Spirited Away isn't that bad, its very good in fact. Go for the R3s though, since the R2 sell for like £30 for each title
R1 Spirited Away isn't that bad, its very good in fact. Go for the R3s though, since the R2 sell for like £30 for each title

I read somewhere that R1 Spirited isn't taken from a master source - less red tint, but also less definition or something. Plus, it ditched Miyazaki's menu art as well as the DTS track. Some of the bonus features were a tad unnecessary - as much as I admire John Lasseter and his work, I don't really need him telling me that Miyazaki makes good films.

Errr...to get back on track, I'm watching Vol 5 Excel Saga and Fushigi Yuugi Perfect Part Two (MI).
less defination? - well since its Disney l can believe that!

Watching Gundam Wing still, and its all great
The waiting for more episodes is killing me. I'm up to 36 out of I believe 52
Finished Arc the Lad. Excellent series...I like it how it focuses a little more on Elc's storyline instead of Arc, unlike the videogame. Clive was a cool addition to the story, but a little more information on his background would have been appreciated. All together though, great series!

Now I get to watch Blue Gender. Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Shibo
I love MBoy! I can't believe you called it bad, Pie! =P I hope you're not too manly to appreciate good shoujo! :p I'm not sure if it's the best show ever, but it will certainly be in my top 10 and quite possibly my top 5 if it stays this good. Hehe anyway I was intending to watch MBoy disc 7 but instead I watched my first disc of Sakura Wars. I had the big box on top of one of my skyscrapers, but man, they're getting too high now so I wanted to watch the disc to get the box off of there. The stacks just keep getting larger and larger. I'm not buying anything this weekand and I'm vainly hoping that they'll start shrinking. Guess we'll see, ne? Ah well. Off to watch some anime.. or the red sox game. One of the two. Wink
Sometimes Miki angers me so much. There is some funny shoujo fights in there too. It's not bad, it's just not that great. The last couple of episodes are pretty damn good but the ending didn't do it for me. Great themes though, especially the last ending. Smile
OKay, well I just started watching Reign, adn I don't really know if I like it or not yet. Anyone out there ever watched it?
Quote:Originally posted by Lonely_monkey21
OKay, well I just started watching Reign, adn I don't really know if I like it or not yet. Anyone out there ever watched it?

I watched Reign about a month ago...I liked the first few episodes, but once the series starts to come to an end it just seemed like things got a bit too weird. I didn't really like it myself.
Watched Gokudo, Pet shop horror, and Dual Parallel. I enjoyed each and every of them ;-).