Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What are people watching? (The 2nd)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally. I have to spread the joy of the best anime series of all time. It doesn't get stale, like Ranma 1/2.
I just finished the second disc of Hajime no Ippo, and I have to say I am very impressed with it.
Yay friday! I'm on disc 2 of Slayers MAC. Looks like it's all gonna be AS rips. The subs have some typos but the grammar is perfect. So far so good. Initial D second stage MAC is cool. Only annoying thing is the yellow subs with white in the middle of em for the 2nd ep.. Still readable, but not fun. Luckily, by the time they get really annoying, the ep is over and ep 3 is back to the easy to read white subs.. I'm done with disc 1 of that set, should finish it up this weekend. Ox, you're looking for another good romance series.. I'd recommend two. Kimagure Orange Road is phenomenal but not cheap.. If you can afford it, buy the box from animeigo.. It's one of the crown jewels of my collection and worth every penny. the other one I'd reccomend is Kare Kano (His and Her Circumstances). The AS set is quite good. Besides that, Yukino may be my favorite anime girl of all time. She certainly gives Kyoko Otonashi a run for her money. :mrgreen:
hmmm... in my wallet right now I have aproximately $120, if that isnt enough, I have saved about 500 dollars in my bank account, do you know the best place to get it from? ill search around, but if you could lend a hand it would be much appreciated :mrgreen:
I found all 12 volumes on rightstuf.com for a grand total of $291.98, if you can find a better deal let me know...
I doubt you will find a better deal than that. Right stuf is a pretty good place to find R1's at a good price.
ah well, im not going to spend 300 dollars for 48 episodes. but what I might do is next christmas I will ask for different chunks of it from different reletives, that should work :mrgreen:
Quote:Originally posted by "OptimisticOx"

I found all 12 volumes on rightstuf.com for a grand total of $291.98, if you can find a better deal let me know...

There's a coupon that ends today for rightstuf.com. Use this 'newsletter3603' in the coupon code and you will get $12 off $120 order. So break your orders down and do separate orders. Then, if you buy their 'got anime membership' you can take another 10% off your orders. The membership costs $12 for an entire year, but you'll end up saving more than that on your orders. So buy it and use the code 'newmember' until you get your membership number in the mail. That discount doesn't appear on the order screen, but should appear in your email confirmation. By doing all that, you should be able to save another $40-$50 off your order.

You might also want to check out Animeigo.com and see how much you can get it for from them directly, since they have free shipping going on right now if you buy $50 of stuff from them.

Just to fill you in, the HK's cost around $50 and also include the OVA's. I'm sure the subs aren't as good, but it is 1/5 the cost. Just letting you know about all your options.
Anyways, watched disc 1 of Saiyuki and disc 2 of Rahxephon. Rahxephon really is beginning to look like an Eva ripoff. Still enjoyable though, just not as original as I'd expected it to be.

Speaking of KOR, I finally finished the OVA's. I personally liked them much better than the series itself. I love the fact that they give a definitive ending to the series and make Kyosuke finally choose one of the girls. I will be picking up the R1's for the OVA's when they finally put them out.
Watching GTO vol 7,8 really really good :mrgreen:
Quote:Originally posted by "OptimisticOx"

ah well, im not going to spend 300 dollars for 48 episodes. but what I might do is next christmas I will ask for different chunks of it from different reletives, that should work :mrgreen:

It's $25 for 12 volumes = $300. They are sold separate so buy a volume here and there. They cost $22.50 at AnimEigo.

Speaking of which I need to get my MO for YUA Box 3 in. Vicious, you do the same.
Vicious, do you know where I can get the HKs? I have been looking around but no one has it. if I could only find the HKs, I would be more than happy to buy them. ill check around some more and also go to www.animeigo.com just to check it out.

well anyway, back on topic

I just watched all three one piece movies in one sitting, the third was the best and I liked the second better than the first. its all good though. hope the 14th disc comes out sometime :mrgreen:
cookiejarvideo has it in stock under Orange Road. But if you got the $, trust your frends Shibo and Pie. It's worth it to get the R1's. =) You can still get the boxes at animeigo.com but supplies are *very* limited. I myself will be buying the Macross boxes very very soon, methinks..
thanks, I think what I will do is get the HKs and if I like it as much as ikkoku I will get the R1s, wish me luck! :mrgreen:
something is messed up with the shopping cart or whatever, I add it but then I dont know how to check out, help anyone?