Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What are people watching? (The 2nd)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, now anyone out there that has watched Kikaider help me out here... The first story line was awesome, but the second one about the kid really isn't cutting it with me. Please someone tell me it gets better.Sad
Started Disc 3 of Macross 7.. Woot, 10 eps on this disc. I've watched the first two. It's getting a little better but I still can't say I'm impressed after 20 eps.. I'm beginning to think this show just might not be my sorta thing. Only 32 eps plus the Dynamite Seven series and OVA left to figure out whether I like it or not. =P
Well i started watching and just finished watching Orphen.. was a pretty good show and the ending kinda suprised me.. Wasn't expecting that to happen at all.. and not sure what i am wanting to watch next..
Watched disc 2 of Hyper Police and another VHS of El Hazard. I can't wait until next week when I should be getting in 5 new sereis for me to watch.
Haha, you watched a VHS tape. Big Grin
I love to laugh at people whom use these relics called "tapes".Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie
Haha, you watched a VHS tape. Big Grin

I had no other choice. It's not available HK dubbed yet. And the anime place near my house only has it on VHS subbed. So I wanted to watch it before I got to El Hazard Wanderers.

I just finished watching the 1st episode of one piece. It seems like something I'd like, but those damn subs are pissing me off. I might just have to wait until Funi puts out the R1's.
Vicious, how bad are the subs?

I'm happy because someone other than me has finally used a VCR. Big Grin
VCR... what's a VCR????Big Grin
Finished Disc 3 of Macross 7. It's getting weirder.. Not sure about better but it could potentially get more interesting.. I'm gonna start Pretear at some point today. =)
Quote:Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie
Vicious, how bad are the subs?

I'm happy because someone other than me has finally used a VCR. Big Grin

I actually use my VCR alot for older stuff that I rent.

As for the subs on One Piece, they are pretty bad. I mean you can figure them out, but it's annoying as hell. The main characters name is translated as "Monk D. Roof" or some crap like that. Maybe it's because I don't purchase as much subbed HK's as some of you guys and so I've never been exposed to this crap before. Now I see why some posters have such horrible spelling and grammar. Rolleyes
Yeah, bad subs suck... It's not just because you don't watch much HK anime, Vicious.. It's cause they suck. I've been avoiding One Piece for just that reason. The subs don't sound like they're any fun and all and there's anough stuff with great subs out there that I don't feel the urge to watch something that I will probably think is crap. There are absolutely tons of HK sub-only shows with great subs, but you gotta check the reviews before you buy so you don't end up with too much engrish. I haven't been disappointed yet as long as I checked the reviews first and knew what I was getting myself into. The really bad subjobs I've gotten were sets where I was too impatient to wait for reviews, like Di Gi Charat movie and .hack//SIGN.

So, I watched the first 3 eps of MI Pretear last night. The subs seem like really good HK originals or fansubs and the story is very cute so far. Seems like it'll be an entertaining little Mahou Shoujo show. =) Man, I really wish I didn't have to work today. I wanna watch more Pretear. Ah well. =/
Luckily I borrowed One Pice from a friend of mine. i would never buy HK sub only stuff without checking out the review.

I watched Patlabor movie XIII. Not as good as I expected it to be.

By the way, when are we having another chat?
yeah I'm definately up for a chat!!
In a couple of weeks. The original plan was for me to go away this weekend and have a chat next weekend but coworker's grandmother died. hence, I had to work today and will be away next weekend.. So, the week after, perhaps, on sun night.. we'll see. I have to work that saturday all day as well so it'll depend on how I'm feelin.