Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What are people watching? (The 2nd)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Arjuna looked beautiful, man it was gorgeous to look at, and hey Captain Planet was da bomb[sarcarsm]
Finished AV Pita-Ten. If you like Azumanga Daiou, you should give Pita-Ten a try. I personally have truly enjoyed Pita-Ten more so than Azumanga Daiou.
Finally finished my You're Under Arrest boxset 2. Also watched City Hunter: Secret Service and the 1st disc for Urusei Yatsura.

Steve, is it just me or does Lum remind you of Hikaru from KOR, especially when she says "Darling"?
Otherway around. I saw Urusei Yatsura first. UY came out in 1981. KOR came out in 1987. It was copying UY or paying homage.

I hated Hikaru. She was such a meddler, like those damn kids from Scooby Doo. Lum is a hotty that doesn't deserve to be treated like she is by Ataru.

mmmmmmmmmm animated women. They can't say No. :mrgreen:
just finished watching spirited away, I downloaded it a while ago but I forgot about it, and as I was going to open some wolfs rain up, I realized that it was in my shared folder.

I liked it alot, will have to get the dvd one of these days :mrgreen:
Watched Golden Boy and Battle Angel the other day. I saw them before when I just started getting into anime.

Also watched the first DVD of Key the Metal Idol. A bit slow but still very good
Just watched Kiki's delivery service.. hehe was really good. (Just got all 3 of the Ghibli studios releases by Disney)
Sitting here listening to Rapper's Delight. man, nobody does it like the Suger Hill Gang. =) I'm pretty proud of myself right now.. I finished Nadia and Ini D first stage yesterday.. For the first time since *June* I'm not in the middle of any anime series at all! Course, that won't last cause I want to start Initial D second stage, Bubblegum Crisis, and Slayers MAC box.I may save Bubblegum Crisis and attempt to watch it with Jennifer, we'll see. Schultz, you surprise me. You usually have great taste in anime! Wink How you can diss the original BGC is beyond me, hehe. So I got a check in my mail from my father in law for my bday in a couple of weeks.. $150 in anime money. Wink Here's my current plan: Utena Black Rose Collection and Vampire Princess Miyu OVA 1+2 R1, To Heart from CJV, and Mahoromatic and Brain Powered from import-anime. I'm not gonna order yet cause I'm hoping for more anime $ from my parents and mom in law, but this is a good start! =)
Kiki isd brillant, its one of three films which made me cry, beautiful film, and much better than the contrived crap than Disney has been producing in the last 5 years
Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

Otherway around. I saw Urusei Yatsura first. UY came out in 1981. KOR came out in 1987. It was copying UY or paying homage.

I hated Hikaru. She was such a meddler, like those damn kids from Scooby Doo. Lum is a hotty that doesn't deserve to be treated like she is by Ataru.

mmmmmmmmmm animated women. They can't say No. :mrgreen:

Either way, when they talk they remind me of one another. I can't stand Hikaru either. She is so damn annoying. She needs to go buy a clue. By the way, I do like the opening theme to UY, so it doesn't bother me.

Yakumo, why'd Kiki make you cry? It's not a sad movie, nor does it have an unhappy ending.
Well Kiki made me cry because it was wonderfully beautiful to watch, it just radiated so much happiness without being controved, and was so wonderful watching Kiki mature throughout the movie. it was just tears ofbliss
Finished watching "Silent Mobius TV". It's a good buy for quality (a good R1 ripped) but I'm disappointed with the title. However, it's not as disappointing as after watching Hellsing.
wot Hellsing?

its utterly great!!
yep just checked again, utterly brillant!
Hellsing's overrated IMO. It starts out pretty good, but the ending was pretty weak.