Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What are people watching? (The 2nd)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Started watching Captain Tylor. Different than what I expected. Also saw the 1st episode of El-Hazard. It seems interesting enough so far. I wish someone would do an R1 rip of the 1st series. Also saw some Sorcerer Hunters. It doesn't seem quite my style.
Just finished Blue Gender, not a bad series overall.

Probably I'll restart Touch since I wanted to wait til I got all of it before I watched beyond disk 3.
Quote:Originally posted by Kroova
Watched Vampire Hunter D:Blood Lust.

Me too, but i'm working on it now. Probably finish it tonight if I don't go out.
Hey Vicious, MAC may have an R1 rip of the first El Hazard OVA series.. Not positive there. I own the old AS el hazard.. I know you're mostly a dub fan but if worse comes to worse and they don't have the rip, check out the old AS set. The subs are great, and you can't beat the price. Hmm. rented Ringu tonight. I might watch it now. Big Grin
just watched patlabor 3, it was fantastic! much better than the second movie but still not as good as the first.
Thanks Shibo. I hope they do rip it. I'll wait and see what happens.

Watched disc 3 of Mahoromatic. The show gets kinda weird and dark since they keep talking about her past. Also saw disc 3 of Banner of the Stars. Waht a wonderful series. Not quite as good as Crest of the Stars, but great nonetheless.
Watched Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal Director's Cut. I think there was about 1 minute of extra scenes...nothing to make anybody that owns the original to rebuy it. It had an epilogue(in words) at the end of Trust, and one at the end of Betrayal, and some extra scenes at the end with Kenshin fighting. That's all I noticed.
I had wondered what had been added to the director's cut. That is a shame (not much extra stuff placed into the disc).

Kenshin overall is a good series. It is hard to say though as to which is better (OVA series or TV). Both are enjoyable in their own right.
I will be watching Cyborg 009 in a few days or so Smile
I knew this weekend would be a light one for anime watching cause of other stuff I had to do.. Ah well. Finished X R1 volume 1, and Marmalade Boy disc 4. Now it's back to X.. Only had the first r1 so time to watch my MAC set. Wink You know.. I've been buying lots of R1 stuff lately.. which means less eps per disc so my skyscrapers should be going down because I can watch those quicker. However, they're getting taller cause I'm still watching all my old HK stuff that I bought in December.. Ah well. =P
Quote:Originally posted by Berserker
Watched Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal Director's Cut. I think there was about 1 minute of extra scenes...nothing to make anybody that owns the original to rebuy it. It had an epilogue(in words) at the end of Trust, and one at the end of Betrayal, and some extra scenes at the end with Kenshin fighting. That's all I noticed.

Can you confirm that the picture is 'fake' widescreen? I remember reading somewhere that they messed about with it in some fashion.

Finished Hand Maid May. Not exactly bursting with plot and originality, but fun nonetheless.
I've been busy, since my last post. I finished episode 18 of Virtua Fighter. I can't recommend that series enough. It is so amazing. It's the best video game to anime series ever. I love it so much without even really playing the game that much. The dub script is excellent and each episode has a cliff hanger ended. It's definitely wedged into my top ten without even seeing the ending. The character relations are awesome and the jokes are hilarious. Pick up the R1s and enjoy it. Come on people, I wouldn't lie about this, now would I? ~_^

I also got Spirited Away for my birthday. The movie is interesting and my dad liked it. The animation was stunning, however the plot was a little weird. It had an Alice in Wonderland influence to it. Despite all of this, I can't wait to own all of the Ghibli movies on R1. I really want I can hear the Sea. ^_^

Side Note: For my birthday I got the new Evanescence cd, Fallen. I like it a lot. The mix of metal and melodic vocals are nice, welcome change from James Hetfield's groaning voice on Kill 'em All. ^0^
Watched Patlabor discs 1 and 2.
Quote:Originally posted by Prophet Hero
Can you confirm that the picture is 'fake' widescreen? I remember reading somewhere that they messed about with it in some fashion.

Yes, it is definitely a fake widescreen. The bottom portion of the screen is cut off(I compared it with the original). I paused it on a picture of Hiko when he was holding the little cup at the beginning. In the Director's Cut you could not see his hand while he was holding the cup, but in the original you could see most of his hand. The top portion is not cut off, it is just the bottom from what I noticed.

The only extras on the DVD are ADV previews, and I also noticed that the menu is very plain compared to the original...nothing animated, just a plain menu.

Steve: How many episodes is Virtua Fighter? Oh, and Happy Birthday...hope I'm not too late. Smile
Watched disc 2 of His and Her Circumstances and am through the first 6 episodes of Tylor so far.