Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What are people watching now (series)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Too bad. We were getting into some conversations. :mrgreen:
yeah :mrgreen:
Hey, and your back. :mrgreen:
yeah, :mrgreen: oh well, I am still watching gundam wing, its a lot better then watching it on tv, because you get the origonal opening and ending themes plus I dont have to worry about missing an episode, witch is really annoying in a series such as it.
True dat. I'm waiting for my Urusei Yatsura VHS. :mrgreen:
nice, I think that once my to get list is cleared off I will focus on getting more gundam. starting from the begining and working up.

I got all of gundam R1 because all of the current HK sets suck, but oh well, I got it in a trade so it wasnt that much.
I'm buying the American VHS releases. I'm going to get the G Gundam HK. The Gundam X HK is amazing. The others aren't that bad either. :mrgreen:
Quote:I tried watching Lodoss, but it seemed too much like a cheap Lord of the Rings imitation. I mean, they have a dwarf named Ghimli!!!!!

So they have a dwarf named Ghim, what's your point? Ghim and Ghimli are common Dwarf names in fiction. So there's a sorcerer, a knight, a theif, an elf and a dwarf. That is typical fantasy.

Lodoss is nothing like LoTR, and the storylines are both completely different. Were there two dueling Kings in LoTR, each who carried a "destined" sword? There are no crappy ring stories in Lodoss, and the land of Falis as well as the land of Marmo are so much more interesting.

LoTR also didn't have a cute blonde elf girl who looks good in a bikini. My wallpaper is a testiment to that.
personally havnt seen Lodoss, but I have to say that I do like to read fantasy. :mrgreen:
Thanks Suzaku I've seen that post on other sites. Lodoss and Lord of the Rings are not the same. Lodoss is based of of RPG's like Dungeons and Dragons. Big Grin

The One Piece subs aren't that bad. My brother who knows basically no japanese still understands it. Buy it now. Big Grin
Chillax. Like I said I couldn't get very much into it, because it reminded me of LOTR. Maybe it is different, and I didn't give it a chance. But even you can see the similarities. If it's common to the fantasy genre, then I would not know that, since I am not much into fantasy stuff. As for the Deedlit argument, I would take Liv Tyler over her anyday.
They do have similarities. In my opinion the Lodoss story is better.

I love Lord of the Rings so don't blast me. :mrgreen:
me, too I have read the whole series numerous times, and the movies are great too :mrgreen:
LOTR does kik arse...Lodoss is a movie series rite?.. or is it a series derived from the movie??
I think that most anime fans also like fantasy and vise versa.