Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What are people watching now (series)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nah, go for it. I'd like to hear what they are. :mrgreen:

I understand she mentioned it. That doesn't make it right. If I wanted an RPG I would have played the Saturn game, and not have bothered watching the anime. Lodoss was like an RPG but it overcame it with a better journey type story. :mrgreen:
To each his own.
Very well. You brought it up. I'm lazy and need some serious sleep. Mmmmmm sleep. I plan on watching an old '86 OAV The Humanoid and starting Doomed Megalopolis. :mrgreen:
I'm still finishing up Heat Guy J. It is shaping up to be a decent show.

The super nintendo Rayearth was fun. Until the rom I had didn't want to go anymore. Cry Big Grin
I thought it was only on Saturn. I might have to check it out even though it's in Japanese. :mrgreen:
Just finished LOGH, an amazing series throughout. Still my favorite anime series bar none. Very thought provoking series. Especially after about episode 52.
There's a patch for the SNES Rayearth game. Don't bother. It tears the actual storyline to shreads. I'm sorry, but Clef would not ask you for the magical fairy treasure before he'd help you Confusedweatdrop:
Started Super Bestial Machine God once again. Also watched the Humanoid. :mrgreen:
I remember that crap. That was way in the beggining of the game. Shortly after that my rom wouldn't go. The game itself was alright. Big Grin
It's all good in the end. A lot of things in video games don't make sense. :mrgreen:
Finished episode 12 of Super Bestial Machine God Dancougar. The show is super campy and it was made in 1985. It still is my favorite mecha show and one of my all time favorites. The show just has a certain appeal to me. Feels a little like Gundam Wing. :mrgreen: But it's not!!!! :mrgreen:
Finished episode 19 tonight. That series just keeps getting better and better. People keep dieing too. You would think that everyone would always live since it has that Power Rangers vibe. Nope, people are chewed up with machine guns and riddled with bullets. Crazy. :mrgreen:
Finished the short OAV series My Dear Marie from ADV. Great stuff. Another VHS-only title. The show has some fun insight, cute moments, and hilarious jokes. I wasn't expecting much so maybe that's why I liked it so much. I give it a B+. Very Recommended. :mrgreen:
Finished Super Bestial Machin God Dancougar last night. All 39 episodes. I watched the first 5 episodes during Chirstmas break and was able to finish the rest, in a week thanks to a winter break. The show was amazing and I'd have to rearrange my top ten list to include it. Everybody should see it even though it's a VHS only release. :mrgreen: Also I watched Kotetsu the OAV released by AD Vision. It was ok but the dub absolutely blew. The lead character was obviously a British woman. The show would have been fun if it was longer because the story could have gone in great places like Ninja Cadets. :mrgreen:

There was a scene in Dancougar in which a guy uses his plane to ram inside an alien spaceship ala Independce Day. Of course that came out in what '96. This came out in '85. :mrgreen:
Whew. I finished Ikkoku and CCS this past week. I'm starting up Love Hina now, with Angelic Layer to follow shortly thereafter. And, yup, Steve, you were right. Disc 10 of Maison Ikkoku was amazing. =) CCS is still my fave though. It's so cute. =) I guess it's supposed to be a kids' anime but it touches on quite a few non-kid topics, or at least enough of them that the fine folks at whoever the hell made Carcaptors had to mangle the show to get it on american TV. =P Ah well. Anyway, time to finish up this Excel Saga disc. :mrgreen: