Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What are people watching now (series)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks to a snow day I had the chance to watch 12 episodes.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Didn't watch as much anime this weekend as I normally like to. Had to shop for more business attire for work which I'm sure some people enjoy but not me.. Too much $. I could have bought animeigo's macross set for what I paid. =/ Anyway, what did I watch.. Well, I finished disc 7 of Maison Ikkoku, which was stellar, just like the last 6.. The series keeps getting better and better. Steve's right. best series EVER. =) I guess I have two favorite series and lucky for me I'm watching both at the same time. =) I finished disc 5 of Card Captor Sakura and am halfway through disc 6. This isn't really a spoiler, and may be of interest to some who are thinking of buying the series.. The original story arc of sakura collecting all the cards ends early on in disc 5 and a new arc starts up..So don't worry, she's not collecting cards for 8 discs worth of episodes. Wink Not that I would have minded anyway, but the new storyline seems cool. I dunno if I'll have a chance to watch any anime tonight cause I have to go entertain a car dealer who's coming into town from Nebraska to meet us.. Boss and I are taking her out. Ah well. gotta tape RAW. Wink
Hey guys, I posted a review for Tekkaman Blade last night/this morning! It's the AV version that I have. I hope it's up by the time you guys read it, if you read it. It was 5:30 am here in NC when I did it, so it might not be up yet. Big Grin :wink:
I am watching cowboy bebop, and digimon Wink
Quote:Originally posted by "Shibo"

. I dunno if I'll have a chance to watch any anime tonight cause I have to go entertain a car dealer who's coming into town from Nebraska to meet us.. Boss and I are taking her out. Ah well. gotta tape RAW. Wink

Hehe, I don't know how you plan to do it. Though I would never tell. :wink:
I'm watching Digicharat. That show is funny! The episodes are so short. :x Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I went buck wild this weekend and watched 22 episodes of Rayearth. Only 4 more to go. :mrgreen:
Finished the last 4 episodes of Rayearth. It's funny because the first season sucked but the ending was good, and the second season was good but the ending sucked. :mrgreen: Ironic. :mrgreen:
Finished Now and Then, Here and There today, very good show, serious and very sad. The last 2 episodes we're too depressing but it was excellent nonetheless
Hope to get a review up for Rayearth soon. Finished both R1 discs of eX-Driver. Decent little show but not sure if it was really worth th $36+. :mrgreen:
Meh, no one asked your opinion anyhow [Image: flipa.gif] Besides, I'm the CLAMP Fanboy on these boards, and what I say goes [Image: flipa.gif]
Quote:Originally posted by "Suzakuseikun"

Meh, no one asked your opinion anyhow [Image: flipa.gif] Besides, I'm the CLAMP Fanboy on these boards, and what I say goes [Image: flipa.gif]

Basic ammendments allow me too. I'm not attacking your CLAMP fandom. I just thought the first season was generic, but I loved the ending a lot. It gave much promise, for the second season. The second season was a lot of fun, but I think they could have spent longer on the ending. I hope the OAV will tie up lose ends and not just be another journey to save Cephiro. Also the animation wasn't all that incredible. I liked Maison Ikkoku's much more and that came out in '86. :mrgreen:
Quote:I hope the OAV will tie up lose ends and not just be another journey to save Cephiro.

I've said this before. A bunch of times. The OAV does not even TOUCH the series. They are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. The characters play completely DIFFERENT roles in the OAV. Other than the fact that Cephiro merges with Rayearth (Rayearth is Earth, NOT Hikaru's rune god - unlike the series wants you to believe) so they are one place, none of the other "countries" exist.

There will be no typing up of loose ends. Buy the manga if you want that. Confusedweatdrop:
No, I don't really care that much. I'll buy the stupid OAV and then I will be done with the shoddy series. It feels more like a game then an anime series. Even when Eagle jumps into his FTO, he looks excatly like Locke from FF6 does when he jumps into the Magitek. Man that game was a lot of fun. When I first heard the FTO I was hoping that someone would have a GTO. Geo made my day with GTO....GO!!!! :mrgreen:
Um, the whole point was that is was supposed to feel like an RPG Confusedweatdrop: Fuu makes that comment in the series. I didn't mean to get worked up about it, but I hate repeating myself over and over, and I've posted a breakdown of the OAV on these boards about four times now.

I wouldn't call it shoddy. There are some things you watch I'd call shoddy, but I wont, because I'll be polite. Confusedweatdrop: