Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What are people watching now (series)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I watched Excel Saga Volume 3 and the first 12 episodes of Magic Knight RayEarth(I'm doing it to piss off Suzaku). Rayearth kinda blows so far Anyone else have trouble playing the MI discs?
Rayearth is slow until about Episode 16. It picks up when they get near the end with Zagatto. Second season is so much better - all the good characters are in it. (Lantis, Eagle, Geo)
Crazy monkey testicles. Why didn't you say so?!? I was simply adding some fun to this. This thread is my brain child. :mrgreen:
I'm actually going through Escaflowne for the first time. Wow. Everything about it is enthralling. The beginning was far too sterotypical, just like Fushigi Yugi, Rayearth (at least the manga, I haven't seen the anime yet), etc etc. But everything after that has had me gripped. The dub isn't half bad either. It would be absolutely perfect if its subject matter carried a bit more meaning and weight. Of course I'm only at episode 13, and Trigun didn't enter into it's moral and psychological exploration till about that time. I'll just have to wait and see =)

What I don't get is that all of my friends who have seen it all hate Allen Shezzar, yet for me at least he's the most intriguing fun-to-watch character, heh, except for Merle :mrgreen: Hitomi isn't bad, except I'm really starting to get sick of the typical high-school female hero as well. I'm not any sort of anime vet, in fact I'm really pretty n00b, but this seems to be an archetype that's really overused. I mean, it's completely excusable in animes focused on high school, but arbitrarily sticking them into fantasy roles just to facilitate the viewers own sense of escapism is starting to annoy me a bit.
I figure by mid way through February I will have completed the Magic Knight Rayearth box set.
Just finished Azumanga Daioh. What a great series! It always puts me into a good mood except for the last episode, so sad to see the series end, I want more!!!

Think I'm gonna start Hellsing soon since everyone has been raving about it.
I'll be watching whatever rolls my way from Animeniacs.com. Looking foward to H2. The show looks cool. :mrgreen:
I believe I'm going to try to finish up Excel Saga I'm on episode 8 right now. Then after that I'll probably move onto Heat Guy J, and finish that up. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I'm on episode 14 of Excel Saga. It's extremely funny. The ADV releases are certainly worth it. :mrgreen:
The show is great and definitely worth buying. I still haven't watched anymore. I'm being lazy, and spending my time reading. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Ugggghhhh finished episode 15 of Magic Knight Rayearth. I hope the show picks up like Suzaku says. Right now it's rather bland. :mrgreen:
Wait until you see the real bad guy :mrgreen:
I figured that Zagato was some sort of figure head. I didn't think he was the real enemy. :mrgreen:
Well, he sorta contributes to the final Bad Guy. You'll understand in the end, and if you don't, PM me and I'll explain.
I think I'll get it. I plan on watching several episodes tonight. :mrgreen: