Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What are people watching now (series)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes! I finally own it.

I just got both Maison Ikkoku box sets. I love this show. Best Rumiko Takahashi work ever in my humble opinion. Yes, I love Ranma but it isn't this good. I love the music, characters, humor, everything about it is great. Pure classic! Must see... should I go on. Ok. I'll stop now. I'm sure you've all heard enough about it from Steve. Anyway, I just had to post my extreme bliss of owning it on DVD now. I might even by the R1's when they come out if I like the dub.

Regards,

Kaioshane
Steve,
I will try and get back to you with answers early next week, what I can tell you is that so far ALL names are correct.

Kaioshane,
agree with you on Maison Ikkoku. It is one of my most treasured sets.
Woot, day off from work! It's about damn time...Finished watching the first disc of .hack//SIGN. I've got the FX version.. the subs are understandable most of the time, but they could be a lot better.. Some names are messed up and with this being such a plot driven anime and not heavily action oriented, I really don't think the subs are good enough. Too many sentences don't make sense for my liking.. I may have to buy the R1's.

I'm also in the middle of Maison Ikkoku, just finished disc 4 last night, the MI version.. And, yep, Steve's been right the whole time. =) Phenomenal series, puts Ranma to shame.

Finished Boys Be MI this week as well. That one has great HK original subs, video is an odex rip, so great quality. The story itself is one that I wish were longer. Most eps are isolated stories involving a group of high school students and their loves. The story does move along, but each episode has its own beginning and end, seperate from the big plots, if that makes any sense. Easier to explain in IRC than it is on the board, hehe. Anyway, that's what I've been watching. I think I'm gonna watch FLCL this evening. I need to watch something relatively short for a change, been watching loooong series lately. Wink
Quote:Originally posted by "Shibo"

I'm also in the middle of Maison Ikkoku, just finished disc 4 last night, the MI version.. And, yep, Steve's been right the whole time. =) Phenomenal series, puts Ranma to shame.

Glad you finally got to see it. I love the show so much. The HK set was awesome. The ending is simply incredible and breath taking. :mrgreen:

Not sure what episode of FOTNS I'm on. The chapter select is done weird but I'm on the 4th disc. Almost the 5th, So I'd say about episode 38. :mrgreen:
Finished episode 40 tonight. Just need 5 more and the first box is done. Then I can write an indepth review of it. :mrgreen: That's what I love to do. Then I can't decide if I want to watch Magic Knight RayEarth TV, Miracle Girls, Virtua Fighter, Dancougar, or small OAVs like Magic Users Club, Explorer Women Ray, and Kishin Corps. Smile
Finished the first box of FOTNS. Watched the last 5 episodes. Look for a review for it by tomorrow. :mrgreen:

Watched the first disc of Devil Lady from ADV (it's really Devilman Lady). I thought it was terrible at first then by episode 5 I was already throwing the next disc into my purchase rotation. :mrgreen:

I'll start Magic Knight RayEarth soon, but first I want to watch Volume 3 of Excel Saga and ex-Driver/any single shot OAV after watching 45 straight episodes of FOTNS. I started watching it on christmas day when I got it and I finished it in 26 days. Damn!!!! :mrgreen:

Hopefully I can scoop up the other boxes later on. :mrgreen:
I sent in my review but it did not post yet. Sad
The review went through. Smile I plan on starting Excel Saga volume 3 Friday as well as The Magic Knight RayEarth TV DVD Box Set. Life is good. Check out my thread for "List of amazing new releases". It mentions the amazing amount of R1 DVDs that are mentioned on www.animeondvd.com, like Ushio and Tora on May 13th and Suikoden will make its way on DVD along with SUPER Gals, Voice of Distant Stars and Southern Cross (last installment of Robotech uncut, and sub only). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm currently watching .hack. I'm on episode four. I agree the subs are sub standard (hahahaha). They are completely understandable though. Started watching Onegai Teacher, I'm on episode 4 of that as well. Expect reviews for it all later. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Kakoi, are you really busy with school right now?
No, really busy with Suikoden III. I am now a Sub Teacher officially. Now I really can live my dream of being GTO! Big Grin I'm recently watching Heat Guy J. I must say it is pretty good, other than some odd computer effects it is really neat. I'm also busy with love hina the game for Dreamcast. Life is good. 8O Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Can you help me through it? I don't know Kanji at all? :mrgreen:
Sure, as much as I can anyway. I'm on The Naru story now. The one titled present panic. I keep failing the roulette table. So I keep having to go back and do it again. One of these times I'll get lucky. I want to go through Naru completely before I go anywhere else. On the anime note I am on episode four of Heat Guy J and find myself watching more. Very addictive! Even with the odd computer effects. I'll review it as soon as I'm done. Expect it soon. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
My first post on this thread. Well, Chobits ^_^ And when my FY set comes, I'm gonna pull a marathon and watch all of Fushigi Yuugi in one day! :mrgreen:
I am currently watching (or will be very shortly),hack//sign, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Hellsing and the Cowboy Bebop Movie
WHOOOHOO :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted: