Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Pictures of ourselves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Vicious Wrote:Well, our schedule is supposed to be:

Moday - Legs (I hate this the most since I'm always sore for a few days afterwards)
Tuesday - Chest (I look forward to this day the most)
Wednesday - Rest day
Thursday - Back
Friday - Shoulders and Arms I guess (Although we really haven't gone in on Fridays yet, but it's not a big deal since I have dumbbells at home and can work on this one myself)

He told me I need to rest too, but I'm one of those people that lacks patience, so I figure working out more will get me results faster.

Just make sure you do about 15/20 min of cardio prior to the weight training to prevent injuries and to boost your metabolism.
yep warm ups are essential to prevent strains and get nutrients to those muscles!
and sorry Andro18

i disagree never do intensive Cardio with weight trainin sessions because your muscles release lactic acid then with tyring and can stimulate catabolism hence your body will break down your muscle for energy

Cardio is essentil but only warm up and jog etc never run hardcore etc prior to training you can do it afterwards but only after a halfhour or more rest! but i dont recomend it yet as you are starting out

Best time for Cardio as ive said prir is morning before breakfast or atleast one hour before eating and eat about one hour after...unlike trainin where nutrition must be eaten before and after trainin for results...Carbs and protien prior and mainly pratien after training

damn giving out all this advice annoys me...i know what to do and i aint doing it myself...damn i gotta get my act together and get back to uber-buffness not mediummusclefatness Sad
must follow my own advice and get back to it...MUSTBig Grin
rav96 Wrote:yep warm ups are essential to prevent strains and get nutrients to those muscles!
and sorry Andro18

i disagree never do intensive Cardio with weight trainin sessions because your muscles release lactic acid then with tyring and can stimulate catabolism hence your body will break down your muscle for energy

Cardio is essentil but only warm up and jog etc never run hardcore etc prior to training you can do it afterwards but only after a halfhour or more rest! but i dont recomend it yet as you are starting out

Best time for Cardio as ive said prir is morning before breakfast or atleast one hour before eating and eat about one hour after...unlike trainin where nutrition must be eaten before and after trainin for results...Carbs and protien prior and mainly pratien after training

damn giving out all this advice annoys me...i know what to do and i aint doing it myself...damn i gotta get my act together and get back to uber-buffness not mediummusclefatness Sad
must follow my own advice and get back to it...MUSTBig Grin

LOL Hey don't feel bad I have a lot of weights lying around ive been lazy to. Of course I am waiting till I have the chance to visit a family member for advice[The family I see is good for something at least Cool ]
rav96 Wrote:yep warm ups are essential to prevent strains and get nutrients to those muscles!
and sorry Andro18 i disagree never do intensive Cardio with weight trainin sessions

I was talking about warm ups. I always do cardio after weight training.
Puppet Master Wrote:LOL Hey don't feel bad I have a lot of weights lying around ive been lazy to. Of course I am waiting till I have the chance to visit a family member for advice[The family I see is good for something at least Cool ]

Good Luck to ya...hope we can both get back to fitness
and this damn pesky dissertation writes itself Wink

*goes off to find motivation*
Quick little note on the whole working out biz. Learned a secret in Iraq after cardio do a few good sets of ab exercises. Target them before you start lifting. The difference they make is unreal.
but theres no real point until youve shifted the gut ...coz it will just make you look fatter!!! lose some of the gut then tone the abs i say...
in my opinion
rav96 Wrote:but theres no real point until youve shifted the gut ...coz it will just make you look fatter!!! lose some of the gut then tone the abs i say...
in my opinion

You're absolutely right. In fact, once you lose all the fat covering your abs there won't be much need to do ab exercises (unless you want your abs to be big). I have a friend who's so skinny he's got amazing abs, all due to the fact there's no fat covering them.
I hardly ever do ab exercises, they're a real bother, but my abdomen is flat as a board. Of course it's harder for men to have a lean abdomen, you tend to acumulate fat there.
Hmmm.. I had this problem two years ago.. I'm 5'6, about 115 pounds and I didn't want to loose any weight. But I did want to get rid of the fat covering my abs. I was doing ab exercises for about 4 monthes.. I could tell my abs were getting fit but I couldn't get rid of the fatty fat fat over it Sad
That's because you really have to do cardio in order to lose that fat, even if it means losing fat in other areas as well. Just doing ab exercises isn't going to work.
It's not a good thing to lose all your fat. Cardio can only do so much. I shifted to weights since that keeps my heart rate up. Also, I'm tired of relentlessly skinny women. that's all I'm ever bombarded with. I like to see muscle on women. Shows that they actually care about their body beyond some superficial sense.

Andromeda: Your friend that has abs because he has no fat is known as 'scrawny'. I hate it when people practically starve themselves to attain that, which I'm sure your friend does.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:That's because you really have to do cardio in order to lose that fat, even if it means losing fat in other areas as well. Just doing ab exercises isn't going to work.

yep like ive mentioned before a gizzilion times there is no "spot" fat loss
its just all round cardi that works

oh and another great tip....mainly for men unless women want big legs
is Squats

they are highly underrated and work wonders as an cardio and trainin excercise all in one Big Grin
oh and i hates "scrawny" guys got a friend who makes out like he's all muscley but he doesnt train or snything he's just got like zerp fat on his body which makes the normal muscle we all ahve look defined Rolleyes
he cant even lift half the weight i lift now and ive gone down severly from what i used to be

Urghhhhh need to no MUST gewt rid of the tyre
damns ive tuned to a lazy deprso ...D'oh
kakomu Wrote:It's not a good thing to lose all your fat. Cardio can only do so much. I shifted to weights since that keeps my heart rate up. Also, I'm tired of relentlessly skinny women. that's all I'm ever bombarded with. I like to see muscle on women. Shows that they actually care about their body beyond some superficial sense.

Andromeda: Your friend that has abs because he has no fat is known as 'scrawny'. I hate it when people practically starve themselves to attain that, which I'm sure your friend does.

Actually my friend is scrawny because he has epilepsy. He has to take about 10 pills a day and they increase his metabolic rate to a point where sometimes he stops taking them for a while just so he can put on some weight. Believe me, he doesn't like being that skinny.
Also, I never said it was good to lose all your fat, I was just telling Nina that she can't lose the fat in her abdomen without losing fat in other places, even if she was trying to avoid that. Even anorexic women have some fat (muscle is always the first one to go) and some fat, in the right places, isn't a bad think. I agree that women look very good with some muscle on top of their bones. Why do you think most men like lingerie models? They're not scrawny and are usually quite athletic which is exactly why they're lingerie models, they must have some curves.
remember too much stress (physical exercise) can have a detrimental impact on your body.