What are people watching? (The 2nd)
then you go anyways. :mrgreen:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
thats one solution, but then the habit would grow, and I would never go to any other site besides this :mrgreen: ..... oh well I can live with that :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Live life the way you want to, but one day, you might not wake up, and we all know why......
THERE ARE MAD KILLERS OUT THERE!!!

[Image: optimisticox.jpg]
Admitting is the first stage to recovery. :mrgreen:

www.imp ..... what did you say? :mrgreen:
Live life the way you want to, but one day, you might not wake up, and we all know why......

Anyways, I finally finished Fushigi Yugi. The ending is actually pretty good. The last 4 episodes kept me glued to my seat. Now I can start on the OVA's. I'm so close to the end of Maison Ikkoku. Only 4 more episodes to go.
That show is incredible. Every time I think about it I want to cry. That show defined my otakuism (wonders if it is really a word), for the first two years. Best show, hands down. Nothing comes close to touching it. :mrgreen:

Only Kimagure Orange Road has gotten close.

WAtched the 1st disc of Hyper Police. And finally finished Maison Ikkoku. I was in such a hurry to get to the end to see how they do it (since I already knew how it was going to turn out), and then I was so sad that there wasn't anymore for me to watch.

I disagree with you Steve about KOR coming close to MI. MI lasted 96 episodes without becoming repetitive. KOR was good, but seemed like it had alot of filler episodes in the middle and seemed very repetitive towards the end. Plus, I didn't like the fact that they'd do weird stuff towards the end of episodes and then leave it like that and not explain how it was resolved for the next episode.

MI SPOILERS************
This is my take on MI. If I was Godai, I would've gotten tired of Kyoko's moody ass and gone with Yagami. She's basicaly like Kyoko was 5-10 years ago. So he could've been Yagami's "souichiro" instead of being jealous of Kyoko's Souichiro. He should've chose Yagami. That would've been pimp if Kyoko got played by both Godai and Mitaka at the end. I'd love to hear Steve's take on all this.
Whenever I see MI I keep thinking the company Manga International. It really messes with me when people start talking about it's plot and stuff, lol.

Btw, two questions about MI:

Is it at all licensed to be released R1, or is this never going to happen.
What is the best MI set to buy? Or which ones are there even?
o-('-')-o HuG
|)0Y: 1337 5p34k 4n0nyM0u5
I dont think its licensed R1

there is a 10 disc MI set - good quality (for more just search it up and read the reviews)

and there is an 8 disc AC set - horrible (again, for more info go and read the reviews)

Well, MI was released R1 on VHS a while back, but they never finished the series. They are finally going to release it on DVD starting sometime this summer. So far, Viz has said they're going to release the first 36 episodes in 12 episode mini boxsets. And depending on sales, they may or may not finish the series. As for the HK's, I have the 10 disc set and would say it is very well done. I would recommend that to anyone that wants to check out the series.
There's an MI of MI, and MI did a very good job with MI. MI. MI MI MI.
8O
[Image: gaarasig.jpg]
Yum yum, Maison Ikkoku. my #2 fave series of all time. And KOR, my #3. =) hehe any of you guys who are reading this right now who don't own the MI version of Maison Ikkoku should make it your next anime order. It's that good. No, really. It is. ok so anyway, what am I watching? More Nadia, wheee! I'm on ep 13 now. It's a cool series. It's old school animation with a great plot. Gawd, I would have really loved to have seen this when it first came out.. Too bad it was never syndicated in the US. I may finish this Disc up today and start Initial D.. I guess it depends on how long I sit in the chat tonight. Wink
Shibo -- Buying happiness...One anime at a time

Currently Watching:
Princess Nine, GTO

check out my anime DVD collection ^_^
I'm planning on ordering it very soon. Gotta wait to get paid. Confusedweatdrop: Confusedweatdrop: I really liked what I have seen, and the manga is great. :mrgreen:
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Check out the "picture" from http://members.cox.net/sjrohde7/index.htm. Very interesting angle of photo shots. Sweet for ppl like me who dreams of travelling to Japan but probably will never be...

Source: Animeniacs. Thank you! Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by "Vicious"

WAtched the 1st disc of Hyper Police. And finally finished Maison Ikkoku. I was in such a hurry to get to the end to see how they do it (since I already knew how it was going to turn out), and then I was so sad that there wasn't anymore for me to watch.

I disagree with you Steve about KOR coming close to MI. MI lasted 96 episodes without becoming repetitive. KOR was good, but seemed like it had alot of filler episodes in the middle and seemed very repetitive towards the end. Plus, I didn't like the fact that they'd do weird stuff towards the end of episodes and then leave it like that and not explain how it was resolved for the next episode.

MI SPOILERS************
This is my take on MI. If I was Godai, I would've gotten tired of Kyoko's moody ass and gone with Yagami. She's basicaly like Kyoko was 5-10 years ago. So he could've been Yagami's "souichiro" instead of being jealous of Kyoko's Souichiro. He should've chose Yagami. That would've been pimp if Kyoko got played by both Godai and Mitaka at the end. I'd love to hear Steve's take on all this.

MORE SPOILERS*********************************(well not really)

Well KOR just had a great feeling to it. It was sweet and naive. The romance was done perfectly, and there is certainly that ambivalence when it comes to women. Emotions move back and forth.

Yagami is a little bitch. She gets on my nerves, and can't understand no. Kyoko doesn't have a "moody ass". She's a widow and therein afraid of new love. She wants to always remember her first love, but at the same time, she had feelings for Godai. It is apparent in the first 10 episodes that she likes Godai. She blushes when Ichinose, mentions him being a possible suitor while he is listening at the door. Between you me, Kyoko is a fine ass women. Yagami has got no back on her, and Kyoko certainly does. Not to mention, she's much more mature and in touch with people's feelings.

Anyways I'm looking foward to the R1's in July. I'll be picking them up and watching the excellent dub. VIZ throws in some funny jokes, that the original script didn't. Hilarious stuff. Also Ellen Kennedy as Kyoko Otonashi, is amazing. Can't wait.

Afterwards I'll be buying the R2's. Seriously though if no one has seen Maison Ikkoku, the HK set is incredible. The subs are awesome. Check my review of it. :mrgreen: