To buy or not to buy, that is the question
I have some birthday money that I got from my grandmother and I was thinking of using it to buy outlaw star. I just wanted to know if you guys felt this is a pretty good anime. Is it similar to cowboy bebop??
outlaw star is a good purchase Big Grin
You should buy it, pretty good anime. There's even a hotspring episode on it (Episode 24 if I remember correctly). It's not really similar to CB. Gene's gun with special bullet is pretty cool to see.
[Image: bl453.png]
Good action. Good comedy. Not a great story, but damn if the series isn't entertaining. Well worth a purchase.
<a href="http://elotroladodelburro.tripod.com">Website</a>
cool, thanks guys. Do you have any suggestions for other animes I should buy that are english dub?
I'm saying this it's my most favorite anime right next to Fist of the north star. Purchase Berserk, the sroty is wonderful and not as gory as the manga but the only let down is the ending but once they make the continuation of the series it will amzing.
Here's some dub that I bought dub (R1 version) are worth the money

Noir
Rahxephon
Hellsing
GTO
Golden Boy
[Image: bl453.png]
can peter, or whoever out there tell me which R1 company made golden boy? cuz i was looking for the import for the longest time, don't think theres a good set out there, might have to settle buying the R1
It's on ADV. This might have something to do with why you can't find the import.

It's 6 episodes long ~ 2 R1's... if it was an HK they could put it on one disc.
A new goldenboy on R1 on 1 dvd is being released quite soon. Smile
Bah, Outlaw star is something I'd watch on TV but not bother buying. It's too weak, and the characters are pretty hollow too. The action doesn't work well enough though it's passable, and I'm not aware of any real comedy being too good in it although there might have been some.
The only similarity with bebop is that whole spacecowboy thing that was going on at the time. But Bebop is definitely a superior creation. Star ranks slightly below Trigun for entertainment value I'd say.
Since you're looking for Dubs it's probably worth mentioning that Outlaw has a reasonable dub, but something about the voices makes you either really hate or not feel anything at all for the principle characters, especially the lead female, but people used to dubs will probably be used to this sort of stuff
Quote:Originally posted by CrayonShinChan
A new goldenboy on R1 on 1 dvd is being released quite soon. Smile

It's not really new. They'll be adding it to their 'anime essentials' line and thus dropping the price on it.

Also, Outlaw Star is good, but is not comparable to Bebop. Nothing is comparable to Bebop!!!
thanx guys for the news on golden boy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some baka questions about buying mikeymikemike 6 3,853 08-19-2003, 08:06 AM
Last Post: evilomar