JJ arrested.
This is horrible, poor JJ. He really performed quite a service for us. I hope he pulls through, though it'll be too much to hope that his store will continue to run. I'm wondering how they gathered enough dirt to arrest him, though.

This may be inappropriately off-topic, but if anyone knows of a few good HK-DVD stores please PM me, as my bro's been bugging me to order a few sets for him.
Macross. An experience often imitated, but NEVER duplicated. Shame on those who think otherwise.

Visit MacrossWorld for all your Macross needs!
Ok just to clear up a little. You can plea bargin and get reduced sentances and such to get lower penalties etc from criminal cases. And with the site. Currently JJ was arrested from the Canadian police. MCP or something don't know what they are called. Also this site is hosted in the US so for them to sieze the domain or also supeana the site they have to go through more legal channels since it is cross borders. But who knows what will happen. We are hoping that we will only have to shut down the store section and will be able to keep the rest of the site running as nothing there is illegal.
Schultz Wrote:We are hoping that we will only have to shut down the store section and will be able to keep the rest of the site running as nothing there is illegal.

Well, that being right now the best possible out come at this point (along with JJ getting a slap on the wrist (please)), how would it be paid for? I doubt you could run adds for a forum, so it's gonna come out of someones pocket. I'd be glad to help out, as long as it was something that I could afford. Alas, with some good news comes clarity, and a bit more sadness.Sad
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
That is still up in the Air. Maybe ad's.. Maybe try donations etc. All those fines details are not talked about because first we will have to find out if JJ will be able to keep the domain.
This is shitty news indeed. Good luck to him.
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Damn. That sucks. I haven't logged in here in months and when I do, I find news like this. Hopefully JJ gets through this.
Well that sucks pretty bad...

If I were going to run an import site I would probably register it under a fake name or something.
aka EngrishMajor
Wow, wish I would've read the forums sooner. Sorry to hear about JJ, and I do hope everything turns out allright.

However I do have one concern. The store still hasn't been locked from placing orders, as I placed two of them yesterday. What can I do about them?
[Image: recca-sig2.gif]
I believe that if you login to paypal you can cancel the payment. And ya JJ can't take down anything right now because of his agreement to be released he can't modify or access the site at the moment. But he does want to take that part down.
Damn this sucks... Any updates on JJ?

I've always really enjoyed everyone's company, even the times when I was acting like a dick :p . I really hope we get to stay Sad .
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Gee...i've not been around for a very long time. Thought it was a sick joke when I saw the title.
Eh.......could it be that a fellow rival ratted JJ out since his pricings are really good?
I don't see Sundevil and other bigger bootleg sellers being caught.

Hope everything's going to be fine.
Japschin Wrote:Gee...i've not been around for a very long time. Thought it was a sick joke when I saw the title.
Eh.......could it be that a fellow rival ratted JJ out since his pricings are really good?
I don't see Sundevil and other bigger bootleg sellers being caught.

Hope everything's going to be fine.

Ya... that's really the annoying thing. These people seem to have absolutly no idea what they're doing. CJV got shut down not that long ago. While bigger than this site, it wasn't huge. The ebay users i'd think would be the easiest to go after. They never seem to dissappear though.
Eh CJV got shut down too? Not that I really care about other sellers but it's quite a pity for IA coz IA got me started with anime before I got into R1s. Good service, good seller etc.
I've been referring quite a few people to buy HKs from JJ the last 2 years.
Sad
Ya ever since R1's have started dropping in price i've almost completely stopped buying HK's. The only exceptions are series still trying to charge me $150 for 26 episodes...
I think one of the reasons they went after JJ rather than other people is that IA is based out of Canada where the laws are a bit different. I know that the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police for those that don't know... kind of like the FBI up here... we also have CSIS which is our version of the CIA) has been cracking down on bootleggers in general up here. One of the malls that is famous for selling bootlegs has been getting a fair amount of press for all the busts that have been happening there.

I am amused at the fact that a whole team of RCMP stormed JJ's house. For those that haven't met him, he is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and about as non-threatening as they get. They probably could have sent one guy and JJ would have gone along without any hassle.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.