Import Anime Forums

Full Version: JJ arrested.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Well i got the bad news today. JJ got arrested today. Right now he can't have anything to do or touch the website at the moment as part of his agreement to be released.. So as of today it looks like no orders will be filled from now on. And i am not sure what the future will hold if the whole site will be closed or if he will only have to close the store section and be able to leave the reviews up.
Oh My God, this is horrible news Sad

I hope he's ok >.<
Schultz Wrote:Well i got the bad news today. JJ got arrested today. Right now he can't have anything to do or touch the website at the moment as part of his agreement to be released.. So as of today it looks like no orders will be filled from now on. And i am not sure what the future will hold if the whole site will be closed or if he will only have to close the store section and be able to leave the reviews up.

:eek: I have no words for this, except that I am deeply saddened.
That's terrible news. =/ Surprised they'd go after him but sellers like sundevil which probably do 30x the business are fine.
What the fuck! Terrible news indeed. I had a long story written here but it might be better not to post that now. Lets just say screw the US anime companies. They?re the crooks! (and no, I don?t want to start a discussion, just my opinion).

If he gets fined then put up a donation link.
Oh my god. Arrested?! Has any other seller been arrested?! I second the donation link.
gubi-gubi Wrote:I second the donation link.

I third that idea.
no not JJ!! ah man whats goin on, everythin is goin to the crap. I hear EZ is havin some probs too, and florachan went to court the other day.
Wow seriously? That is fucked up!

I'm very sorry to hear this.
You just never expect something like this to happen. This is really bad news! I hope JJ's doing okay, well, as okay as possible considering what happened. I don't suppose there's much we can do but if there is something please let me know.

If the whole site get's closed, that means these forums will be too, right? I'd like to give you guys my email in case that happens but I wonder if it's okay to do that given the situation...
Andromeda18_ Wrote:You just never expect something like this to happen. This is really bad news! I hope JJ's doing okay, well, as okay as possible considering what happened. I don't suppose there's much we can do but if there is something please let me know.

If the whole site get's closed, that means these forums will be too, right? I'd like to give you guys my email in case that happens but I wonder if it's okay to do that given the situation...

I know what you mean. I'm worried about how all this will work out. I hope JJ can get the best deal possible, even if it means he has to close this place down to do it. But, as lame as it sounds, I really don't want to loose this place. I kick around some of my best ideas here, and almost always take away more from a conversation than I add to it. I'm sad and scarred honestly, because I really like this place.

Also, I was about to place a big order after the new year. But that is beside the point. I guess all we can do is hope it turns out for the best, and that JJ doesn't get in too great of trouble, although being ARRESTED, instead of just fined or something, doesn't bode well for that hope sadly.Sad
Yeah, IA is quite important for me as well. I really like you all and for me IA is a sort of 'home' on the internet. I don't want to lose this place either. Of course, JJ's life is what matters the most and if the website needs to be closed for his sake, then so be it. I just want to be able to keep in touch with you guys if that happens, maybe we can all get together elsewhere.
I know what you guys mean too. These are the only boards i've consistantly visited almost daily for years now. Just looked it up. Been 2 1/2. =/ Even most the people I don't like I like here... if you know what I mean. I don't miss LE or BE but it would be sad if the others were gone. =/ CJV is gone too so... I dunno where else we'd go without running into a stereotypical anime fanboy forum. So many of them are just annoying 10 year olds acting out on the internet...
This really is bad news. I like this place a lot, so it would be a shame to close it down. This is about the only forum I read about every day.
Anyway, let's hope for the best for now, for JJ's sake mostly of course.
I know what you mean it's a nice quiet little forum to come and relax in Sad I fear moving somewhere else wouldn't work. Anyway is there any news? Is he definately free now? Until when?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12