JJ arrested.
They probably can close his store down (but there's always ebay) but not the reviews and forums. If the anime companies have something to do with this I imagine they found and chose this place because of the reviews (every site links to here). If they want to shut down the reviews then they need to give something in return like no penalty. If its just the store he might be screwed. You could take it to court but that would probably be a long and expensive trial if done good since its a very grey area (he pays import and sales tax afterall and he doesn't make the stuff).

Why did they have to get him? I'm pretty interested in the details.
Something to keep in mind is that it's the sale of DVDs that pays for the server that our forum runs on.

Two good ideas have come from here.
1) A JJ legal defense fund is a good idea. I understand he's going to have a fun time in court in the coming months and any help we can provide will probably be welcome. Don't expect anything to be set up for a week or so but I'm pretty sure it will happen.

2) There are a lot of us here who have built up a community over the years. I'm happy to have known pretty much all of you and enjoy reading your daily trials and tribulations. Keeping in touch is a good idea and you are all welcome to read and comment in my personal journal over at http://www.livejournal.com (I'm Zagatto there too). I invite other people to create LJ accounts and friend each other (it doesn't have that crazy friend of a friend thing that MySpace seems to be going for) then post their journal names in here.

Schultz and I will do our best to keep people posted with what is happening with JJ as soon as we get any news. Right now, there is an extreme lack of information available but I certainly hope that this comes out the best for JJ.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
I'd love to know how he's feeling. If he's confident or scared about the situation. (don't exactly know what you mean with 'fun').

He should flee the country. I heard there's a safe house in SingaporeBig Grin
This is really shocking news. Like most people here, IA was a place I liked to call home! Even if the forums slowed down here lately. I still check it daily (M-F) and still enjoy the people here. This is definetely going to suck. I hope to keep in touch with everyone here. I'm sorry again to hear about this. Zags, I will check your livejournal to keep up with you!
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Just quick update. JJ is doing fine he was released same day. Like i said earlier he won't be checking the site as part of his release agreement so he won't be around.

Right now he is looking to find a lawyer to figure out the grey areas about the site. Like if possible to keep site for reviews / forums and just close down the store and no longer import or sell dvd's. And maybe look at other ways to keep the site going. But nothing really being looked at. First have to see what lays ahead for right now. But as far as i know JJ is neither scared or confident. He justs says will get through it and move on with life as its just another bumb in the road. I will try to keep updated when i get info and JJ finds out more about the grey areas.
my hopes and wishes go out to him.

-b
anotherheaven
This blows, this is the only anime site I go to, I hope everything works out.
Best wishes to all at IA.:eek: Sad :confused: :mad:
When you play with fire, you get burned Big Grin

Always right I am

Let see how many years he will spend in the slammer

Nice, I am Big Grin
[Image: bl453.png]
Peter Wrote:When you play with fire, you get burned Big Grin

Always right I am

Let see how many years he will spend in the slammer

Nice, I am Big Grin

Are you a dick or something, or just think you're cleaver?
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Zagatto Wrote:Something to keep in mind is that it's the sale of DVDs that pays for the server that our forum runs on.

Two good ideas have come from here.
1) A JJ legal defense fund is a good idea. I understand he's going to have a fun time in court in the coming months and any help we can provide will probably be welcome. Don't expect anything to be set up for a week or so but I'm pretty sure it will happen.

2) There are a lot of us here who have built up a community over the years. I'm happy to have known pretty much all of you and enjoy reading your daily trials and tribulations. Keeping in touch is a good idea and you are all welcome to read and comment in my personal journal over at http://www.livejournal.com (I'm Zagatto there too). I invite other people to create LJ accounts and friend each other (it doesn't have that crazy friend of a friend thing that MySpace seems to be going for) then post their journal names in here.

Schultz and I will do our best to keep people posted with what is happening with JJ as soon as we get any news. Right now, there is an extreme lack of information available but I certainly hope that this comes out the best for JJ.

Wow that's all I can say about the JJ thing. But Zagatto I've added you to mine I'm not sure if it sends an alert or what though.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
OMG!!! Ive been away for many months now but as soon as i caught wind of what happened i came a running!!! Poor JJ Sad damn i feel so bad for him after all his hard work in setting up IA

im just glad to see how we as a community are backing him up all the way Big Grin
damn why cant they get the big stoooopid sites and not the small fry... damn aholes

Hope all you guys are fine and well, sorry its been so long and it took such bad news to bring me here im literally always signed in on MSN though most of the time im not there, feel free to drop me a message... [email protected]

man posting here feels like returning home after a long Vacation and eating mommas home made cooking Big Grin
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Why does this not surprise me? Some us anime companies like shitmation figure they can do whatever they want without recourse. I know of a web/brick and motar store here in Colorado that was threatned by a lawsuit and they have weathered the storm without problems. One thing to keep in mind though is that hk anime dvds aren't the force they were a few years ago-fansubbing has pretty much taken over from them for most people (myself included). Still it's pretty sad though about shit like this.
I love anime-but I still have a life-but not by choice......?
zrdb Wrote:I know of a web/brick and motar store here in Colorado that was threatned by a lawsuit and they have weathered the storm without problems.

Lawsuit and arrest are a LOT different though. I'm no expert but I would say lawsuits can be dropped, arrests charges can't??
id hate to be like this but what exactly was he arrested for?

If it were selling hk's then this site would not be here sorry to say it, but it woudnt be, they would have seized the domain right away.

b
Ya... because they totally have the right to seize things that aren't illegal.