Wii for you and Wii for me
Andromeda18_ Wrote:It seems the Gamecube version will be on sale here in Europe in 7 days. Big Grin For as much fun as the Wii's controller might be I simply don't think I'm going to spend 250? ($320) because of one game, so I'll just have to enjoy the Gamecube version of Zelda.
Anyway, I was just looking at some screenshots of the game posted on IGN.com and graphically speaking all the pictures from the gamecube version looked quite better than the ones from the Wii. Is that...normal? Shouldn't the Wii version have better graphics? Or at least graphics as good as the gamecube's?

I never fully count SS's because you can alter smooth or just depends on who takes them to how good they turn out. But i will tell you how it looks on Sunday!

Andromeda18_ Wrote:609 nz dollars is more or less what we'll have to pay here. The Wii costs 250? and the game 60?, that's 310? (close to 600 NZ dollars and close to 400 US dollars). I'm guessing the money you paid included shipping expenses, right? So, all in all it wasn't such a bad deal (considering you're in New Zealand of course).

Hum how can the games be 60 Euro's when they are only going to be $50 in the US. Nintendo has made a point to mention that they are not going to the $60 price point as the 360 and ps3. and seeing how the console is same number even though its in euro.
Schultz Wrote:Hum how can the games be 60 Euro's when they are only going to be $50 in the US. Nintendo has made a point to mention that they are not going to the $60 price point as the 360 and ps3. and seeing how the console is same number even though its in euro.

All the online stores I've checked have the game on pre-order for £39.99, that's 59?. I don't really know how much they're asking for it here because I never buy games in Portugal online, only in stores, but it likely costs 60? or more. Games here in Portugal are always more expensive. If I order a game from the UK I'll pay 45-50?, shipping included. PS2 games here usually cost 60?, sometimes 65? (my FFX actually cost 70? and this was years ago). That's why I rarely buy games here, I normally buy them online from whatever store that sells them for less. :p
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Ok i am thinking i am getting my charators confused.
£ is Euro's and € is your currency now? cause i was thinking € was Euro's.
Schultz Wrote:Ok i am thinking i am getting my charators confused.
£ is Euro's and ? is your currency now? cause i was thinking ? was Euro's.

Sorry about that. ? is Euros, you were right, £ is pounds. Since I buy games mostly from UK websites all the prices are stated in pounds. 39.99 pounds is the same as 59 euros.
Wow you do get ripped off.. see they are selling 360 titles for 49.99 pounds. which is 10 pounds more then the Wii's but still way over what the US and japan gets them for.
Schultz Wrote:Wow you do get ripped off.. see they are selling 360 titles for 49.99 pounds. which is 10 pounds more then the Wii's but still way over what the US and japan gets them for.

Yep, it sucks!
GOD DAMN IT!!! :mad: I have to work tomorrow?s launch at the Wal-Mart I work for. No Wii for me unless we don't sell all of them, and with 29 units I'm pretty sure we will. My department manager decided that since I am the smartest MoFo in the dept (paraphrasing for vanity?but not untrue:p ) that I get to work it...by myself. She will be buggering off this weekend. Damn. Oh well, I'm spending 800 bucks to construct a PC to play Oblivion and Never Winter Nights 2 (3500+ AMD Atholon 64 processor, 2 gigs of DDR2 ram, 512MBDDR2 Radeon X1600 pro video card and, my favorite part, a 19" Widescreen LCD monitor Big Grin ) and Guitar Hero 2 so I'll be busy with other stuff, but man I wanted to have a console on LAUNCH for once. Tis BS. But looking at the bright side, I get to hand out (or NOT hand outBig Grin ) all the swag that our Nintendo rep sent us. And they sent a ton of crap.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
If all you want is to be able to play oblivion you should be able to build a pc for around $500 with the price of graphics cards so cheap. A 6800 plays it perfectly.
Cidien Wrote:If all you want is to be able to play oblivion you should be able to build a pc for around $500 with the price of graphics cards so cheap. A 6800 plays it perfectly.

Yeah, but I had been wanting a new PC for a while, and this is an entirely different case and everything that I will be getting for it. All the components from the 160 gig HD to the DVD Lightscribe Drive, to that sweet monitor and on down to the ribbon cables in it will be brand new, so for around 710 bucks after some rebates (just re-added it all) I think I'm getting a good deal.

Anyways this launch thing will be getting underway pretty quickly. I can't wait for the Cluster F*** of people to stand around doing nothing and being in the way. I?d really like to get one, but I also want the console to be successful. This will be telling, because if I do get one, then I don? think it will bode well for the Wii. Since I WILL get one, I?d like as much support for it as possible. I wouldn?t mind going down with this ship but I?d much rather it get good support so that I can have as many interesting experiences with it as possible.
Got my Wii at midnight and played till 6am with my friend.. God is Wii sports a blast. Though haven't cracked open Zelda yet.. going to wait till i can sit down and enjoy the game fully. I love this system so far! woot.
Good to hear. Give us an update when youve had some more hands on time. I cant wait for the 7th. At least New Zealand doesnt have problems with short supply. We need a list of friends codes on here as well. Ive heard certain worries about the remote not alays registering movements or sounds. Had any issues? What do you think of the speaker?

Hows your weekend going blight? Smile Any angry mofos and idiot stories.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
I camped out for 12 hours in 20 degree weather with my girlfriend to get a couple. I have no idea why. I'm insane. Anyways the remote seems to depend a lot on specific programming. Wii Sports is pretty cool but baseball is hard and boxing is gay and doesnt work well. A lotta things involving the nunchuck don't work worth a crap. Been playing super monkey ball for a while now. Some games work extremely well and others the thing works so horribly I have to wonder why they even included the game in the first place. Some games like ring toss work, but they don't work very well. It's such a simple point and toss game I have no idea why it doesn't work that well. It feels like it lags or something....

Havn't played zelda yet either. Havn't been alone with the wii yet.

So basically i'm satisfied and dissapointed at the same time.
wrxh8r Wrote:Hows your weekend going blight? Smile Any angry mofos and idiot stories.

Not really. Went pretty smoothly actually. Still, I didn't get one. There was like 35 people in line who wanted one though and even more who saw the line and left, so I didn't stand a chance. I'm both happy and sad. I'll get one as soon as I can. In the mean time, I bought a 540 watt sounds system to pout with. I can't wait to hook it up and play Guitar Hero through it.
Cidien Wrote:I camped out for 12 hours in 20 degree weather with my girlfriend to get a couple. I have no idea why. I'm insane. Anyways the remote seems to depend a lot on specific programming. Wii Sports is pretty cool but baseball is hard and boxing is gay and doesnt work well. A lotta things involving the nunchuck don't work worth a crap. Been playing super monkey ball for a while now. Some games work extremely well and others the thing works so horribly I have to wonder why they even included the game in the first place. Some games like ring toss work, but they don't work very well. It's such a simple point and toss game I have no idea why it doesn't work that well. It feels like it lags or something....

Havn't played zelda yet either. Havn't been alone with the wii yet.

So basically i'm satisfied and dissapointed at the same time.
Yea boxing is kinda flaky. The funny thing is the Nunchuck in boxing seems more responsive then the remote when trying to punch. Though i have found out flicking the wrist works better then full swings for boxing. Baseball took me a bit for timing but getting used to it. I am throwing 94mph fast balls in it. Friends don't like timing those.

All the gams i have picked up work well. Red Steel doesn't have issues with the Nunchuck. Either does Trama Center, which is a different game in its own right.

Zelda flat rules. I am loving that game so far.

The only issues that i have with it. is alot of there "online" stuff doesn't work right now. Like the News / Weather and it seems like the friend stuff with the messaging board isn't setup fully yet. I have registered my friends console he has registered mine and yet we still can't send messages or anything will probably have to wait till they fully get stuff up and running as it took em a few hours to have the online store connected so you could buy the older games. but other then that having a ball. Though my shoulders and arms hurt from swing my arm so hard doing the Wii Sports. hehe god am i outta shape.
Zelda was a bit hard to get used to for me. Also, it takes so damn long to get outta the village. Gotta get this to do this so I can get this to bring this over here....

I always hate the beginning of every zelda game. =/ Wind waker was probably the best just cuz you gotta listen to some lore while exploring sometimes.

My arms got quite tired when boxing last night. The nunchuck is a lot more responsive too.

Now I just need to magically make money for another remote, tenkaichi and red steel. Fun fun.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your Wii friend code morgorath 2 2,596 01-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Last Post: morgorath
  Wii Opera Browser morgorath 4 3,653 01-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Last Post: morgorath
  Wii Price Announced geo85 1 1,986 06-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Schultz
  Oui wii geo85 4 3,087 05-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Last Post: geo85