Nintendo For Life
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
Homeless Joe Wrote:Nintendo For Life

Fanboy!! :p Big Grin
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
lol.....i do have a nintendo belt buckle Smile
Sony foeva!

I'm really not a fanboy and I don't hate nintendo by any means they just don't put out near as many games as I wanna play as ms and sony. I just hope they don't require the remote for games like future zeldas. I really don't wanna look like a retard playing that game. I'd strongly consider not buying it if they don't have an option for traditional controls. Gonna buy the gamecube version of princess for that reason.
Cidien Wrote:I just can't believe you guys won't acknowledge that graphics can add a lot to a game.

They can add a lot (I did say I liked pretty graphics) but they don't remove. A game doesn't stop being a great game simply because it's graphics aren't state of the art. Thinking like that, we might as well say all games suck because they don't have the awesome graphics of 20 years from now. Rolleyes

Homeless Joe Wrote:lol.....i do have a nintendo belt buckle Smile

Ahah! Big Grin Don't worry, I'm a fangirl myself. Not of video game companies but of many other things. Wink
Just played a couple days of gears of war. Best graphics i've seen to date. The game is gorgeous. And I can tell. My lil eyes can tell the difference when i'm running around....

Don't remember who said your eyes can hardly tell the difference when you're moving but that's stupid.
Cidien Wrote:I just hope they don't require the remote for games like future zeldas. I really don't wanna look like a retard playing that game. I'd strongly consider not buying it if they don't have an option for traditional controls. Gonna buy the gamecube version of princess for that reason.

Then you are a fool. Partly because you don't have to play with over exaggerated movements (gesturing is perfectly fine), but mostly because you won't even give the thing a try before condemning it in several categories. You have been that way from the beginning of this discussion. The graphics suck, the games make me look stupid when I play them, I hate the controller and think it is impossible to actually improve game play. All based on something your hand and eyes have never had any direct association with. I hope the wait for Zelda on the cube makes you reconsider your position (since it is pushed far back, and possibly available only online), so you at least have time try it out first.

Andromeda18_ Wrote:They can add a lot (I did say I liked pretty graphics) but they don't remove. A game doesn't stop being a great game simply because it's graphics aren't state of the art. Thinking like that, we might as well say all games suck because they don't have the awesome graphics of 20 years from now. Rolleyes

I agree with most of this. Especially the part about labeling our games of now crap since in 20 years people would so anyway if they judged on graphics alone. Even something as pretty as Gears of War. I can just see people grouping the Wii in with the other two systems because the graphics of current (of then) games would absolutely destroy anything we would (foolishly it would seem) be proud of now.

I would much rather play an mid to late 2d graphics game than an early 3D graphics game because they just didn't look that good, and clipping and collision detection issues in the begging of 3d made some games un playable. But since that is not the kinds of differences we are discussing here, those issue for the most part are irrelevant. In terms the visual depth and style affecting a games enjoyment, and some games do in fact suck because they have no style at all. But any one who thinks these kinda things are going to be really detrimental to the Wii are dumb. The games DON"T look bad, and that is just video. I can't wait to see them on a real TV in front of me. And If I try to hear some one argue that the difference between PS3 and PS2 is the same as the difference between PS2 and PS1, I'll slap them. The jump is smaller this time. and the Wii, which is pretty improved will not be as pretty, but the difference is less than people seem to be spewing in this thread.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Cidien Wrote:I just hope they don't require the remote for games like future zeldas. I really don't wanna look like a retard playing that game. I'd strongly consider not buying it if they don't have an option for traditional controls. Gonna buy the gamecube version of princess for that reason.

you can buy traditional controlers at launch. also you will be able to play gamecube games on the wii.
You are way overexaggerating what i'm saying...

I also never said the graphics will suck or do suck. Ever. They won't be as good as the 360 or ps3 though. They just won't.
I was going to get a wii next year and a ps3 this year but due to importing problems and region locks it looks like that gets swapped.
Nz doesnt have a date on trauma centre as no publisher has picked it up yet here Sad Better not be a sign of things to come or im going to regret not importing a US one.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
Blight Wrote:And If I try to hear some one argue that the difference between PS3 and PS2 is the same as the difference between PS2 and PS1, I'll slap them. The jump is smaller this time.

The jump isn't just smaller, it's WAY smaller. Just think about FFIX and FFX and then about FFXII and FFXIII (what we've seen of it so far), I don't think I need to say more.
Try to get back on topic and this is what happens.

All you people care about is graphics Tongue Graphics arnt everything

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Wink
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:The jump isn't just smaller, it's WAY smaller. Just think about FFIX and FFX and then about FFXII and FFXIII (what we've seen of it so far), I don't think I need to say more.

After playing gears of war i'd have to disagree. You have to wait until later games come out to compare the systems. Gears just looks absolutely amazing. Remember when the ps2 first came out? I remember playing bouncer and being slightly disappointed the graphics wern't better. Later games look much better though.

Also anyone looked at dx10? Graphics are gonna be a moot point pretty soon. We're nearing photo realism in games. Our kids won't even be having these conversations.
Cidien Wrote:You have to wait until later games come out to compare the systems.

That's exactly way I compared 2 games from the earlier years of the PS2 and PS3 with two games from the later years of the Playstation and the PS2. The difference between FFIX and FFX is huge, the difference between FFXII and FFXIII is significant but not that dramatic.
If you play it on an hd it is. HD itself makes games look so much better.

This is again a matter of opinion but gears of war just keeps on making me stop and admire and beauty of the game. The only games that have made me do that before are ninja gaiden black and halo 2 and the difference between them in like the difference between a child picture and a professionally done painting to me.

BTW do you guys know how gamecube games are gonna work with the wii? It's got a disc loader that sucks the disc in. Doesn't seem like a small gamecube disc is gonna work right doing that. At least no technology i've seen can do it. They all recommend you don't because it can screw it up and jam.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your Wii friend code morgorath 2 2,598 01-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Last Post: morgorath
  Wii Opera Browser morgorath 4 3,655 01-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Last Post: morgorath
  Wii Price Announced geo85 1 1,989 06-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Schultz
  Oui wii geo85 4 3,087 05-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Last Post: geo85