Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Wii for you and Wii for me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I guess most of you haven't heard but the Wii price and release date have been announced, November 19th for 249.99. Awesome, reserved mine already.
hehe i knew it was going to be 250, awesome price compared to the other next gen systems, fuck the ps3. i'll have to go reserve mine today =)
I'm definitely getting a Wii but unless the controller is 2-3x better than i'm expecting (and i'm expecting a lot more than I used to) I don't think it's gonna hold a candle to the 360 or ps3 except maybe with sales of older games.
i'm planning on picking up a 360 next month...but i doubt i'll ever get a ps3. it just seems like everything with it is going to cost too much money. the system is going to be really expensive and the games will be too =(
The games aren't going to be any more than on the 360...
well they said their games aren't, but they aren't putting a cap on other games. with games potentially costing upwards of a hundred dollars.
Actually in the states at least sony have said that games will be $10 less than the 360!!

They said they didn't see the need to move from the current price point...

I think in the long run the PS3 will crush everything, it has the brandname after all my grandmother dosen't know her Gamebox from her X-cube but still manages to call all gamesystems a "Playstation"

Poor Japanese suppport for the Xbox will be the death of it (again) Xbox was great if you wanted PS2 ports with slightly improved graphics and EA yearly rehashes, but now the dust has settled and we can see the back catalogue of games, it's clear which was the better console...

The Wii is something else though, I'm absolutly amazed at what it does with that Wii-mote! I'll be picking one up on lauch along with Zelda...

Krooner
The funny thing is I own pay more ps2 games but my xbox gets more play time simply because of halo 1 and 2.
Cidien Wrote:The funny thing is I own pay more ps2 games but my xbox gets more play time simply because of halo 1 and 2.

I was the same, played a ton of Halo, the Live support was awesome too! but now it's all slowed down the PS2 is getting much more action, Shadow of Collossus, Resident Evil 4, Metal Gear Solid 3, Guitar Hero!! The list of exclusive PS2 games is almost endless, It's a great machine.

Krooner
Indeed. If I HAD to get rid of one system i'd get rid of the xbox. PS2 has way too many games you can't get elsewhere. Xbox has halo.
I read that already and this will be just another wait and see case same with the PS3. The only system that I'm going to continue to ignore 100% is the 360.
Puppet Master Wrote:I read that already and this will be just another wait and see case same with the PS3. The only system that I'm going to continue to ignore 100% is the 360.

The Wii isn't even a question for me, it's getting bought just because of how it works! I thikn it's amazing that to open a door in Metroid you just mime opening a door! It this is 2006 imagine what games are going to be in 2012!!! It's so exiting!!!!

Krooner
When you think about it you say well its about time, back in the early 80s you had movies depicting video games with 100% immersion virtual reality, like that I think the title was game over or something. So I think its great that at least one company has taken it upon themselves to advance the mdium into new and exciting dimensions and not just better graphics and more slots.

I have nothing against sony, Ive been a ps1 and ps2 junkie since they were first released but the ps3 is going to have to frag my mind with insane awesomeness for me to even consider think about thinking about buying one.
I have been a long time PS supporter but Sony has priced themselves out of the game market as far as my fun dollars are concerned. Having been enjoying many of the advances with the DS Lite recently makes me look forward to the reasonably priced Wii even more.

Of course I may not even bother buying another system for a couple years as my SNES and PS2 are still loads of fun to play.
I'm getting a Wii a soon a humanly Possible. I have waited a while and the anticipation is killing me. Too bad they moved Metriod Prime 3 to next year. At least I know it will be done right that way though.

I have a question though: is it immoral of me to have a preference to Nintendo when I am the guy who sells more Video games and equipment at the electronics department in Wal-Mart than anyone else? I don't just come out and say don't buy this and buy this. I explain advantages (like backwards compatibility) and disadvantages (like the 360 sucking ass at backwards compatibility) when I am asked, but I do talk about the Wii a lot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11