Oui wii
So does anyone have anything to say about the wii now that nintendo has showed so much at e3?

I mean that depth of sound is awesome, sound moving from the controller to the screen to add a new layer of sound. With that controller the possiblties are endless.

Is anyone really going to buy the gamecube twilight princess, whats the point just trade in your cube and get the wii version that same day. The new mario looks righteous, and I didnt like sunshine very much.

Does anyone know if M$ has put out a clean 360 yet, I dont want to waste my cash on a crash and burn.
Well, where to start.

I'm still sceptical about the remote. Explained that a few times already. I don't see it being comfortable to hold my arm up for more than 15 minutes. I wonder if you need to be right in front of the screen. I wonder if the tv has to be on the same height as the controller or if its ok to have the tv on the ground. I wonder about the response time since that wasn't perfected with the red steel demo. I need to play it before I know if i'll like it. for now i have to many questions. Dept of sound is awesome though.

Then there's the supposed specs which practically make it a gamecube and its been confirmed that graphics are not something to write home about compared to the other 2. This will cause developers to not be able to port the popular games. I think dev's will get their best properties to the 360, ps3 and pc since its probably still cheaper (cost effective)to develop for 3 systems than 1.

I think it will be a party system and that's not what I personally want. I'll get it for zelda and metroid and maybe red steel but the bulk of the games will probably be gimmicky games like the DS has lots of. Cheap to make but it'll focus on the remote to much.

It might get them alot of new players but then again when the tv ads start airing in september/october you'll have sony with its cgi offensive displaying unseen graphics and that will drown out any marketing campaign the wii will have. Casual gamers still believe the killzone footage.

So i think it won't be my system favorite and won't be 'hardcore' gamers favorite. But We're in the minority so who knows how things will turn out.

Let the flamming begin Smile

Ohh, the 360 still has problems. If you can wait till somewhere in 2007 they'll start producing the new cpu under the 60 nm process or something. Supposed to reduce the heat quite a bit. I don't know if i can wait that long since i'm starting to dig morrowind and am anxious to try oblivion out.
The Wii seems great to me since it's going to be a good price and try to do something different. I don't mind if the games don't look much better then they do now, games look good enough already. Frame rate drops/slow down are the only things that bug me and sadly even the 360 has some games like that from what I hear...

At worst I see Nintendo making a niche for them selves in the next-gen. I'm not getting my hopes up about their lack of 3rd party games problem getting fixed just yet.
I think the remote will be cool for a while but i'm sure i'd rather be using the controller after a while just for the sake of comfort after hours of play.

Their name still sucks as much as when they announced it. There is no getting used to this name obviously. They're still dumbasses. I'm still buying one eventually anyways.

Can't wait for vista though. Gonna make my computer almost as good at games as the 360 is right now. Hell Oblivion already runs better on my computer than the 360. Why, oh why did they only put 512 ram in the 360 yet spend a bajillion dollars on everything else? =/ So stupid.
I am already used to the name. Sure the graphics wont be anywhere near the 360 or ps3 but have you seen metroid prime and mario, they look a hell of a lot better than the cube, but graphics arent the only thing that matters.

From what they have said all you do is place a small strip above or below the tv and you can use the remote anywhere in the room from any angle, so lets hope they get that down right. But you did see miamoto play it in front of the audience facing the audience. As he slowed and sped up and changed his hand the movement the game orchestra adjusted accordingly, and with the way he was doing it that could not have been scripted, we also saw that guy play twilight princess, and he was fighting and shooting the bow and everything with the remote just as they were saying.

Look at it this way the people who say ds is a stupid gimmick are the ones who have never picked one up, i play mine quite a bit and its no gimmick.
At first i am sure some will think the same of the wii but I think it will catch on just as the ds has.

Third party support will be a issue but who wants to play whats on all the systems any way, I want wii only games, that way I know the wii abilities are being taken full advantage of.