Wii for you and Wii for me
Unless your playing an extremly slow paced game like splinter cell, your eyes can not focus on the details of anything on screen because there is too much visual information being sent to your brain. So overall, things like shadows and facial expressions do very little for in game experiences, though they can add to movie sequences.

Look we all know that the ps3 and the 360 when overclocked for graphics will look a hell of a lot better than the wii, just like Ninja Gaiden does for the xbox. But that does not mean the wii is ugly, have any of you actually looked up images for any of the wii games. Take a look at the most recent red steel pics and you instantly notice, lots of flare and shading effects great lighting, and everything is smooth. That might not beat gears of war but it looks damn good to me. Why dont you all stop comparing them and except that its like apples and garlic. You cant put them in the same category at all.
@Cidien
but anyway this getting long and repetative. You perfer graphics more then me. And i seem to perfer more enjoyable gameplay over graphics any day of the week.
Maybe you play a game to PLAY a game but I love games that are primarily story such as metal gear solid or many rpgs.

Guess we're just gonna differ on this. Personally I think it may be because we play different kinds of games. Good example that was brought up, will you be playing bioshock? I can't think of a single arguement you could make that would convince me that game could be just as cool on the old xbox. The atmosphere just wouldn't be the same. Sure, it could be cool, but it wouldn't compare with the graphics the 360 is putting out.

Erm, I wrote the above without reading page 6 here lol. Thought i'd point that out cuz I sound stupid otherwise.
I love games that are primary story also. But the graphics don't need to be there to drive a story.. a story drives a story and game play enhances the story.
Ala FFVIII big story big graphics shitty fucking ass gameplay couldn't finish couldn't stand it.. FFIX ok graphics.. great story.. great gameplay.. Awesome game. Loved every miniute of the game.. FFX great graphics great story. Again fucking hated the gameplay of the stupid game never finished it. haven't bothered to tough another Final Fantasy game again.

I care about story and gameplay because story and gameplay are what make or break a game.. Graphics does not. because you can have a great story + great gameplay and have a great game..

But if you have great graphics and lack in any of the other two departments then you have a mediocre game that just looks nice. Not one of my selling points.

P.S. Also i am generally always talking about decent graphics in games. There is a level of graphics that you look at a game and see a 8 year old can scribble something better then what they put up on the screen that will pretty much kill the game no matter what you have in it.
Well, I like pretty graphics, no doubt about that but I agree with Schultz, story and gameplay are more important. Of course the same gameplay might not please both him and me but that's another story. I read this today and couldn't believe my eyes. How can a game not be good because its graphics aren't the best of the best (even if they're pretty nice)?! He even goes as far as saying that if the game had been launched a year ago then it would be an awesome game. Wtf?! So it would be awesome a year ago but it isn't now? The same game?! I find that ridiculous. Some of the best games I ever played (including my favourite) are games with graphics that, by nowadays standards, suck yet for me they still are and always will be great games.
I'm certain that in a few years the difference in graphics between the 360/PS3 and the Wii will be quite noticeable and I'm also certain that will mean a lot of people will want to buy the PS3 or the 360 or both, because a lot of people are graphic whores whether we like it or not. I just didn't expect this 'graphic fever' to be so bad!
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Well, I like pretty graphics, no doubt about that but I agree with Schultz, story and gameplay are more important. Of course the same gameplay might not please both him and me but that's another story. I read this today and couldn't believe my eyes. How can a game not be good because its graphics aren't the best of the best (even if they're pretty nice)?! He even goes as far as saying that if the game had been launched a year ago then it would be an awesome game. Wtf?! So it would be awesome a year ago but it isn't now? The same game?! I find that ridiculous. Some of the best games I ever played (including my favourite) are games with graphics that, by nowadays standards, suck yet for me they still are and always will be great games.
I'm certain that in a few years the difference in graphics between the 360/PS3 and the Wii will be quite noticeable and I'm also certain that will mean a lot of people will want to buy the PS3 or the 360 or both, because a lot of people are graphic whores whether we like it or not. I just didn't expect this 'graphic fever' to be so bad!
you know i considered using that term..

Graphics wholes and Gameplay whores in my previous post but i decided against it and then you post it.. LOL
I thought 9 had better graphics. And I could get over the gameplay in 8 for the story. I liked everything about 10. I thought it had good gameplay. Not great, but good.

And you're completely missing the point. I've never said and I thought made quite clear graphics aren't everything. Yes, you can have a great game with bad graphics. However, again in the case of bioshock, without the graphics making the atmosphere that much cooler it just won't be as good.

And I don't have "graphic feaver" and i'm not a graphic whore. I just can't believe you guys won't acknowledge that graphics can add a lot to a game.
Yeah i think what people interpret graphics as being are different and there in lies the problem. As was said above. Graphics definitly add to the experience. I wont however play a game if its not fun but nice to look at. Thats the argument ive never understood. People quite often say they dont matter but im not sure what they are actually saying.
Its all a matter of opinion. What people consider good graphics could very well be a sprite based game. What others consider good gameplay might be turn based rpgs with a story while others consider a scrolling shooter as good. And both sides just to make things interesting will argue that they are right and the other persons game is repetitive.
Smile @ wow comments
Thats what i mean by graphics. You said wow doesnt push things technicly but artisticly looks nicer than eq hence it has good graphics. Or atmosphere. Whit knight story is another good example. Art and animation making a good graphical game that looks like crap as soon as it stops moving.
How did this conversation start anyway.
Does anyone here play new games with old school graphics that arnt on a portable?
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
Graphics *can* add to games. But the thing you guys dismiss the Wii because it is lacking in the graphics department.

@wrxh8r: Yes i still play the Metal Slug released on the Xbox. And if its a good game play and fun. yes i will play them.
graphics can add a lot to a game, but at the same time it doesn't make the game. i picked up my 360 a few months ago and got doa and samurai warriors 2 for it. both games i enjoyed on previous consoles. true i didn't play much of samurai warriors yet, but i wasn't too impressed the first time i played it and for doa, yeah the graphics were better and that's cool, but it was still the same game. honestly, i have more fun playing my dreamcast version than my 360 one. i just hope that designers will utilize the graphics to make something different rather than just making it look prettier.
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
This is my last post on this monotonous thread;

We all acknowledge that graphics can make a game that much better and can add immenslely onto the gameplay experience like halflife2 and gearsofwar.

Some here just think people should stop complaining about the wii's lesser graphics power and reserve annoying (oh its not as pretty as that one) judgement till you have played a few games on it.
We have said all there is to say. Lets just end this.
I agree geo85!
Schultz Wrote:@wrxh8r: Yes i still play the Metal Slug released on the Xbox. And if its a good game play and fun. yes i will play them.
The metal slug for wii looks pretty cool. A gagilion different control options as well. That game never gets old. Especially on the arcade. I thought id ask as i enjoy playing all the old games on my mame box. However i meant new games with no nostalgic value. Arcade downloads on live are trying to bring it back.
I have Mameox on my Xbox and play the arcade games i can on there. Also the same thing is going to be happening on the Wii with its virtual console. I mean NES, SNES, TG16, Sega Genisis, N64! i can't wait to get my hands on Bonk's Adventure again!!!! loved that game on my TG16.
All really off topic but i cant help myself.
Thats all my xbox gets used for now Smile
I was an amiga fan back in the day. Kind of good because i get to go back and play all the old nintendo and sega games i missed out on. I was right into armagedon, captive, gravity force (why hasnt someone bought a clone to live) flashback, monkey island, k240, megalomania, wings of fury etc etc. I remember hooking up to the boards with the modem and spending forever just to download an image. Handy being able to order all the pirated games you wanted through that system. Just too dam slow to download.
Before that it was an amstrad. Man loading games from a tape for 10minutes only to die and repeat the process was awsome.
I remember one time my brothers hooking up to a place with pictures Smile. Stuff like scanned images of umm magazines and stuff. Hi res with all the flickering youd get on the old amiga screen. Pure gold that was. Left everyone in awe.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your Wii friend code morgorath 2 2,595 01-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Last Post: morgorath
  Wii Opera Browser morgorath 4 3,651 01-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Last Post: morgorath
  Wii Price Announced geo85 1 1,982 06-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Schultz
  Oui wii geo85 4 3,075 05-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Last Post: geo85