psp or ps3 or both
Schultz Wrote:I am glad you like it but i have to say there are alot of things that suck about it.. i think the screen is too reflective and makes it a pain in the ass to play it in any type of sunlight as it reflects anything and everything arround you making it harder then hell to see the game.. the whole casing feels cheap and easy to break. Also i absolutly hate the loading from discs.. and Untold Legends is the prime example of this. Every time you go to char screen you have to wait for the damn thing to access the disc and load all the images for armor and shit in your inventory making it very annoying. Also i have had the system do a full lockup on me .. had to remove the battery to reset the whole damn thing....

But after having both the PSP and the Nintendo DS.. i would say WAIT on both of them until they get alot better games for either of them. IMHO they both suck right now.

I don't disagree with you, the screen is indeed too reflective, those loading times are really too long and for now the games suck. However, I haven't really used the PSP outside so I haven't had any problems with sunlight and the absurdly long loading times give me a chance to strech my fingers. Although I have small hands they're not very flexible so after playing for a while my fingers start hurting like hell.
I only bought the PSP right away because, well, I really wanted to have it Big Grin even though I was aware all of the games available at them moment suck. :p The first decent game coming out (in October) seems to be Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim, well at least I'm hoping it will be decent.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
i was right by the way, the psp is a console repeacement...there comming out with a converter that lets you hook it up to a tv, and use a ps2 controller
To me, the PSP just doesn't look like it is worth it. It is like having a second PS2, except not as good. Sony isn't very smart either. Part of the reason the GBA has been so successful, is the old Nintendo games that show up on the system. How many games like that are there for the PSP, cause I can?t think of any. It just doesn't seem worth it to me, to have to spend 250 bucks for a portable game device, when the competition has something that, plain and simply, looks more fun. The PSP may have tighter graphics, but that doesn't matter when there is nothing I want to play on the system. I may be biased since I will be getting a DS soon, but the reason I am even getting a DS is cause there are games on it I actually want to play. The PSP is like a poor emulation of a home console with nothing that looks like any fun, and the DS is it's own thing with games I want to play, that is why I think the PSP is a turd and won't don't even think is worth two glances.

As for the PS3, who knows. I may get an X-Box 360 and I am defiantly getting Nintendo's next console, so unless there is a megaton bomb of a game that is only on PS3, I?m not even sure I'll get one. Games matter most obviously, so if there are good games I?ll get anything. So that = no to PSP and maybe to PS3 on the quality of games thoughts alone.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
odin0425 Wrote:i was right by the way, the psp is a console repeacement...there comming out with a converter that lets you hook it up to a tv, and use a ps2 controller
YAH We get a new PSone. But realistically it won't play games designed for the console it will be like teh Nintendo addon to teh gamecube to play Gameboy advance games on the tv.. Since the games are wrote for teh small ass 3" screen resolution.
Schultz Wrote:YAH We get a new PSone. But realistically it won't play games designed for the console it will be like teh Nintendo addon to teh gamecube to play Gameboy advance games on the tv.. Since the games are wrote for teh small ass 3" screen resolution.

Yeah it will be horrible. I bet the UMD movies will suck too. The GB player was alright cause it looked like SNES stuff, but if it is supposed to be 3D then stretching those pixels is gonna make for one ugly as hell transition.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Schultz Wrote:YAH We get a new PSone. But realistically it won't play games designed for the console it will be like teh Nintendo addon to teh gamecube to play Gameboy advance games on the tv.. Since the games are wrote for teh small ass 3" screen resolution.

sorry to say, you are wrong, the psp has a full line up of great console games comming out, including prince of persia 3, and xmen legends 2 to name a few...im not saying there gonna be any better on psp..in fact thell definatly be worse. the resolution of the psp's small ass screen is still higher then the res of non hd tvs...so there wont be much of a differance...well just have to put up with a letterbox viewing angle, but compairing it to a ps1? come on now, the psp can almost pull ps2 graphics

Blight Wrote:Yeah it will be horrible. I bet the UMD movies will suck too. The GB player was alright cause it looked like SNES stuff, but if it is supposed to be 3D then stretching those pixels is gonna make for one ugly as hell transition.

...of course umd movies will suck...the suck anyway, you get no extras on them what so ever in most cases...thats we why wave larger storage memory sticks for dvd conversions, i have a 512, and can easily fit an entire dvd on it, or about 5 fan subs

and just for a little information, in the UK, the first weeks sales for the PSP were 187,000, the DS was only 85,000 (which still set records) in there first week...a trend that will continue to grow, now that a slew of games is comming out every week
Blight Wrote:but the reason I am even getting a DS is cause there are games on it I actually want to play.

As far as games are concerned it really comes down to a matter of taste. While you're eager to play the DS games and think they're cool games I don't find them interesting at all and I feel the same about most of the GB games even though I own a GBA. But that's just the way it is with me, Nintendo's games have never interested me much. I bought a Gamecube because there was a game I wanted to play and ever since I only bought 4 more games although I have to say those were great games. I suppose Sony's lineup just appeals to me more and while at he moment there aren't any decent games for the PSP there's a bunch of interesting looking games coming out in the next months.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
odin0425 Wrote:sorry to say, you are wrong, the psp has a full line up of great console games comming out, including prince of persia 3, and xmen legends 2 to name a few...im not saying there gonna be any better on psp..in fact thell definatly be worse. the resolution of the psp's small ass screen is still higher then the res of non hd tvs...so there wont be much of a differance...well just have to put up with a letterbox viewing angle, but compairing it to a ps1? come on now, the psp can almost pull ps2 graphics

allright it looks like i will have to dig for information.. Sony stated that the PSP has slightly more power for 3d graphics then the Psone.. No where near compared to the ps2 and btw you are wrong

480x272 is the PSP screen resolution thats Smaller then your regular tvs which are 512xXXX never remember the second number. actually i was wrong on that
  • NTSC: 646x486 60Hz field rate (approx),
  • PAL TV: 768x576 50Hz field rate.
is your sizes for Pal and NTSC.

But either way the PSP does only work on a smaller screen.. So blowing the screen up to NTSC or PAL format would make them look like crap. go play a 320x280 clip on your computer and blow it up to like 640x560 it will look like shit.. Same principle.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I suppose Sony's lineup just appeals to me more and while at he moment there aren't any decent games for the PSP there's a bunch of interesting looking games coming out in the next months.

Like? (not to put yea down i am just wondering what is coming out that seems interesting to you as i might have missed some because after reviewing it i don't see anything personally that i would like..)
Schultz Wrote:allright it looks like i will have to dig for information.. Sony stated that the PSP has slightly more power for 3d graphics then the Psone.. No where near compared to the ps2 and btw you are wrong

480x272 is the PSP screen resolution thats Smaller then your regular tvs which are 512xXXX never remember the second number. actually i was wrong on that
  • NTSC: 646x486 60Hz field rate (approx),
  • PAL TV: 768x576 50Hz field rate.
is your sizes for Pal and NTSC.

But either way the PSP does only work on a smaller screen.. So blowing the screen up to NTSC or PAL format would make them look like crap. go play a 320x280 clip on your computer and blow it up to like 640x560 it will look like shit.. Same principle.

...guess my tv is just really old, i play 320x320 on my tv all the time, and i get no pixelation, but when i do 640x480, everything is compressed to where you cant read anything
odin0425 Wrote:...guess my tv is just really old, i play 320x320 on my tv all the time, and i get no pixelation, but when i do 640x480, everything is compressed to where you cant read anything
You gotta remember you are probably playing old SNES / NES games which where blocky and when you blow them up you can't tell a difference becauase they are blocky still.. While now games are tryin to go for smooth edges and high polygon count to make graphics look better.. you blow them up and it reveals all the edges you couldn't see before makin them look worse.. trust me try it with video episodes.. it really shows the problems..
Schultz Wrote:You gotta remember you are probably playing old SNES / NES games which where blocky and when you blow them up you can't tell a difference becauase they are blocky still.. While now games are tryin to go for smooth edges and high polygon count to make graphics look better.. you blow them up and it reveals all the edges you couldn't see before makin them look worse.. trust me try it with video episodes.. it really shows the problems..

videos are actually what i was refering to, but i do have a very old tv
I agree with the whole certain consoles for certain tastes.Ive never been a nintendo fan, Im an rpg fan which means most my support goes to sony.Europe and the pacific sony are far more popular anyway so our views are probably a litle different.Same goes for what type of games you find appealing.
Colin mcrae for example is very high up on the wanted list in newzealand what with rally being extremely popular.However madden doesnt have that much of a following.I must say the psp is a racing fans dream come true.
probably get ys burnout and gta october.Haha im meant to be saving for an xbox 360.
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
for those of us who have a version 1.51 and above psp firmware (mainly those in europe) there is a downgrader avialable at psp-hacks.com. it will allow you to go back to 1.5 and run some great homebrew apps...i know it is safe because i have just downgraded my self...it was pretty freaky to tell you the truth, after running the downgrader my psp froze, so i had to hard reboot, then when installing the 1.5 update, it errored at 99% (which i am told it is supposed to do that)...the really freaky thing is that when i reset it, it gave me an error screen saying firmware corrupet, please contact sony...here i shit my slef a little, but when i restarted my psp agian every thing was fine and working in 1.5...there is also a rummor that this downgrader has a time release virus, so to test that, i set my clock a head a month which makes your psp think that a month has passed, but i still didnt get any problems