psp or ps3 or both
tell me what you guys think

i was pretty impressed with the psp and i was thinking about getting one but because of the next gen consols i'll prolly just get one of those instead but i guess lots of games will get to use the psp also so yeah tell me what you think
Cyrus
Well, depends on your situation. Do you have a gba? Cause I bought one on release with a few games and then found out I hardly have/make time to use it. I think since launch its been on less then 10 times. So first think about if you need a portable game device and how often you'll expect to use it. In other words are you traveling alot? You won't need it for home gaming since you'll be busy with the 360 and/or ps3.

If you must choose only one its obviously the ps3 but you really can't compare the two. I haven't played the psp yet (again the europe thing) but what I've seen its an amazing little machine. I personally just get bored with handhelds very fast so I won't buy one ever again (unless they become real cheap which sony has said won't happen anytime soon with the psp).

If you think you'll use handhelds often then get both the psp and ps3 but don't buy the psp over the ps3.
I think im going to get a psp and an xbox 360. Ps3 just sounds rubbish compared to the xbox 360 and I prefer my xbox to my ps2 (sold it recently).
gubi-gubi Wrote:. Ps3 just sounds rubbish compared to the xbox 360

Excuse me? Mind clarifying this? Having a preference is ok but calling a system rubbish almost a year before launch sounds like you know something we don't or your a M$ fanboy trying to start a war :p
Both. Now that i have the PSP i'm thinking that Sony's scheme of "always connected" sounds cool to me. somethign to do with accessing your PS3 from anywhere with your PSP (assuming you have routers and stuff)
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
elcoholic Wrote:Excuse me? Mind clarifying this? Having a preference is ok but calling a system rubbish almost a year before launch sounds like you know something we don't or your a M$ fanboy trying to start a war :p

Check this out http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html and sony have already lied about stuff that now isn't going to be in the ps3...
In my personal opinion, I would suggest waiting for the PS3 to come out. I just don't see the need to spend $250 on a handheld device even if it is as cool as the PSP.

Wait until the prices go down, even though Sony says it's not happening anytime soon.

I didn't get a GBA until WAY after it's release and I really didn't have any problems finding all the games that I wanted to play on it that were released beforehand.

Of course this is just my opinion. I'm am more of a console gamer myself, I plan on getting both the XBox 360 and the PS3 when they first come out.
Opportunity - what happens when destiny cuts you some slack.
Vagrant Saint Wrote:In my personal opinion, I would suggest waiting for the PS3 to come out. I just don't see the need to spend $250 on a handheld device even if it is as cool as the PSP.

You're probably right but I just bought the jap value pack. Couldn't wait and im off to New York in a couple of weeks so need something to play on the plane! Damn it's so sexy the psp... It was free UPS shipping aswell so I couldn't resist!
Asking whether to buy a ps3 or a psp is kinda a silly question. That would be like asking do you want a gameboy or a super nintendo back in the day. Of course most people are going to buy the ps3 over the psp unless they want portability or there is a game they really wanna play on the system.

As for ps3 vs. 360 there isn't a whole lotta point in saying the ps3 is gonna be rubbish. My personal opinion is it's probably going to be better the m$'s child this time around. Doesn't mean it's true, but they get a whole lot more time to develop a better system while m$ seems to be pushing theirs out the door so they can be first.
gubi-gubi Wrote:Check this out http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html and sony have already lied about stuff that now isn't going to be in the ps3...

Well, that comparrison isn't really objective is it. Its made by M$ and I've read posts made by people (in my own language so I can't post them) analysing that article and who have alot of technical knowledge. Those discussion went so far over my head as far as techno bable went that I didn't understand the details but the outcome was its a BS article and M$ ussing the details that they can use and forget the rest. They often say 'this' is better in the 360 than 'that' in the ps3 but not mentioning that the ps3 has something else that neutralises the shortcome. (sorry, it sounds really weird but I don't know any of that gpu, cpu, bandwith processing stuff). I'm pretty sure as far as power goes the majority of experts expect the ps3 to own the 360. And so far the demo's have confirmed it (even if they are renders, it was more impressive than what we've seen of M$ and they release in 4 months)

I just read the first page of that article and you can't seriously believe that its all true. there isn't one positive thing about the ps3 in there.

And sony hasn't lied. Lying would be saying its in there and when you unpack the console its not. They have adjusted some things (I assume you mean the HD and the router function) for cost control which I don't really mind. As long as the thing plays kick ass games.

I think the differences between 360 and ps3 will not be noticable in graphics quality. M$ will keep the best online service, sony will keep the most variety in games and keeps the japanese market. M$ will sell more consoles due to their early release but I don't think it wil keep people from also buying a ps3. Certainly won't keep me from it Smile
the whole reason i asked this is cus the ps3 will prolly be 500 on release and thats just too much i'll wait for 400 maybe 350 so i considered getting a PSP because there are supposed to be tons of extra features on most of the ps3 games if you have a psp stuff like ff crystal chronicles with the gba but for ff12 and just diff stuff like that so i was thinking is it really worth 250 to get a handheld system?

i have a friend who is selling his xbox just to get a PSP so hes really taken with it and i mean its cool but does anything think its worth picking up just for the extra features. To answer you questions about if i travel much during the school year 2 days a week at the least 5 or 6 at the most so.... During the summer not really. But i have a laptop so im having trouble seeing why i need a psp as well but yeah.

thats what the point was.
Cyrus
elcoholic Wrote:I think the differences between 360 and ps3 will not be noticable in graphics quality. M$ will keep the best online service, sony will keep the most variety in games and keeps the japanese market. M$ will sell more consoles due to their early release but I don't think it wil keep people from also buying a ps3. Certainly won't keep me from it Smile

You're probably right but when I heard the 360 will have media center software and a removable harddrive I fell in love! I use a 200gb HDD in my xbox at the mo with xbox media center and it's awesome for fansub watching and knowing this will be able with an unmodded 360 the possiblities of a modded one I can't even begin to imagine...
gubi-gubi Wrote:You're probably right but when I heard the 360 will have media center software and a removable harddrive I fell in love! I use a 200gb HDD in my xbox at the mo with xbox media center and it's awesome for fansub watching and knowing this will be able with an unmodded 360 the possiblities of a modded one I can't even begin to imagine...

True, xbox is already a awesome media player but I expect nothing less to be in the ps3. I'm sure it will have media functions but I personally don't need them since all those options are on my pc (hooked up to the tv and stereo). Ps3 will also have a slot for the HDD, it just won't come standard (again). I would like to see it in there standard but when you look at the big picture its more sensible to not make it standard. The ps3 will cost ALOT to produce and the statistics show that not many xbox users use the harddrive. So its sensible to make it an option so that the console will be a bit cheaper since not everyone will use it. Also you can be sure that M$ will charge a hefty fee for a HDD as big as 200 gig (and I'm sure sony will screw us with the price of the hdd aswell).

I am wondering how M$ and sony will use the HDD. It will be damn easy again to play backup games through the hdd. You can't give it to many options since every option is possibly a way to crack the security especially if its hooked up to a pc so it won't even need to read dvd-r.
elcoholic Wrote:M$ will sell more consoles due to their early release but I don't think it wil keep people from also buying a ps3. Certainly won't keep me from it Smile
I'm stuck on that comment, because when last I checked, which was a few months ago, the PS2 is still selling in Japan at least, so either I'm missunderstanding, or the release date isn't going to be crap; plus like all the other guys said, when the PS3s break, a lot of people will buy a second one XD
not really funny though, if the PS3 costs about 350 I'll probably pick it up; also FF 12 & Probably more likely than FF, Gundam World Smile
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
gohan32 Wrote:Both. Now that i have the PSP i'm thinking that Sony's scheme of "always connected" sounds cool to me. somethign to do with accessing your PS3 from anywhere with your PSP (assuming you have routers and stuff)

What is funny about this statement is that everybody thought that Nintendo?s idea to connect their portable to their console was stupid, but now that Sony is saying it, it suddenly becomes cool. WTF. I hate ?cool just because?. And this isn't really directed at you by the way gohan32.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe