psp or ps3 or both
Guys guys guys and gals. Dont you all remenber this same ol yadda yadda from my old
e3 thread. None of the next gen is out yet so there is still plenty of time for sony and nintendo to surprise us. None of you can say anything that has any real backing to it, because nothing is out yet, nothing is set in stone, M$ might mess up you never know, lets just wait for the release of each system and then start the jabbering.

Microsoft has yet to say what will run on the 360 from the xbox I dont want to keep my giant hummer of the consoles so if I have to keep it to play some games then I might not get the 360, and if that controlller is what sony is going with then they suck, and neither company has clarified the status of the removable hdd, will it package out of the box or not, what is m$ doing about transfering memory from the xbox to 360, there is soo much at this point that these types of disscusions will go back and forth with no end.
I thought the nintendo way would be kinda cool and it ended up being retarded. The PSP thing is probably going to be just as dumb.
Yeah, after the nintendo thing I wouldn't expect anyone to think its cool upfront. But I think he means that you'll be able to connect to your psp with the ps3 from anywhere in the world so you'd be able to dl songs from the ps3 at home onto your psp at school or something.

And Geo, your right and it has all been said before but its fun discussing it because there are so many uncertainties. Plus this is the only forum I go to where it doesn't explode into a fanboy flamewar as soon as the words ps3 or xbox are mentioned. Its hell out there on gaming forums.
ive been hearing estimates for the ps3 costing 500 on release not to mention it will have about a 450 blue ray dvd player and like a million other things. BTW it will have better internet then the 360 just for your info cus its sporting blue tooth which the 360 isnt but thats besides the point

Just wondering what is this Gundam world that you speak of do tell do tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cyrus
yeah thats why im waiting on getting a psp unless i just decide id love a hand held system other then my laptop
Cyrus
Cyrus Wrote:BTW it will have better internet then the 360 just for your info cus its sporting blue tooth which the 360 isnt but thats besides the point!

How is bluetooth better than Wi-Fi?
Cyrus Wrote:ive been hearing estimates for the ps3 costing 500 on release not to mention it will have about a 450 blue ray dvd player and like a million other things. BTW it will have better internet then the 360 just for your info cus its sporting blue tooth which the 360 isnt but thats besides the point

Just wondering what is this Gundam world that you speak of do tell do tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the blue-tooth is just for the controllers. It won't have anything to do with internet (and you don't want it too since its slooooooooow).

I would be surprissed if it goes for less than $500 and the same goes for the 360 (although they say it'll be 300 which I don't believe). Either of these combined with a large hdd would be a supercomputer.

For Gundam world there were movies shown at the E3 presentation party. Stay up to date Cyrus :p Just look at gamespor or gametrailers to find the movies. They look nice.
elcoholic Wrote:I think the blue-tooth is just for the controllers. It won't have anything to do with internet (and you don't want it too since its slooooooooow).

Exactly Bluetooth has been replaced by Wi-Fi so why has Sony put it in the PS3?
gubi-gubi Wrote:Exactly Bluetooth has been replaced by Wi-Fi so why has Sony put it in the PS3?

The wireless controllers send their signals to the ps3 through bluetooth. Its new technology that hasn't been used for controllers up till now. The current wireless controllers use radio frequenties and is what the 360's controllers will use.

I think the ps3 will still be able to use wifi for connection to the internet.
elcoholic Wrote:For Gundam world there were movies shown at the E3 presentation party. Stay up to date Cyrus :p Just look at gamespor or gametrailers to find the movies. They look nice.
Yeah, I've watched one clip, it wasn't of game play, but some parts from a battle. It's from the UC age, unless fan's wishes are true & it really covers ALL gundam timelines, but first of al I'm not holding my breth & second of all, I love UC more than AC anyways.

Anyways, the clip shows Zakus going into battle, a guntank & guncannon firing at them, then at the end the gundam starts to riseSmile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I've actually yet to look up anything on it other than what was floating around on the GameFaqs message board so I'll go do that now...
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Ahh but here is the trick with the Media Center capabiltiys.. you will be requied to have Windows Media Center edition PC so you can / will be able to stream it to your Xbox.. Currently there is a Windows Media Center extender for the original Xbox that allows streaming from the Media Center PC.. so its not all glory and free and open like your used to with Xbox Media Center on your modded xbox..
You guys are getting technologies confused.. Wi-Fi is for wireless internet / data connection.. Bluetooth is for accessories.. on computers you can use bluetooth for keyboards, mouses, headphones etc.. anything thats an accessory you can / will be able to connect to bluetooth.. thats what alot of cell phones are using for cordless head pieces to talk on your cell phones.. and Wi-Fi is purely for Internet..

Also bluetooth is not repacing wi-fi its replacing RF technology used for Controllers.
Also for about this.. wait on the PSP.. i am disappointed in both the PSP and the DS.. got both and not happy with either of them.. bad when i will stick with GBA..
I was going to say it but schultz did, blue-tooth is only for wireless comunication between stuff like pda's and cell phones, having that as the connection between the ps3 and controller or the psp is just fine its just that wi-fi is in better use and foundation.

I dont think M$ would breach $400 if they are soo serious about that whole 1 bill users thing and as far as gamestop is conerned they were told to expect a price about 375. But that might change. Sony is such a large company that they might drop cost to try and make it up somewhere else but since earnings are down the past 2 quaters dont expect anything under $400, the estimated manufacturing cost is around 1 G anyway.

I am totally anxious about that gundam game, I totally obsessed over the gundam deluxe on the ps2 a few years back that was the best gundam game period. So I hope they go with the 0079, 8th ms team 0080 and zeta. If they stick with those plots then that would be great because that spans the main origianl bulk of the gundam universe, anything past that belongs in a different game. Like a sequel that covers zz and so on. I am going to say that I liked the concept for the g gundam but the series was weak but if they come up with new characters and such just for a game that would be great.

Lets not argue about any gundam stuff most know I stick to the original stuff, Chars my home boy.
Schultz Wrote:You guys are getting technologies confused.. Wi-Fi is for wireless internet / data connection.. Bluetooth is for accessories.. on computers you can use bluetooth for keyboards, mouses, headphones etc.. anything thats an accessory you can / will be able to connect to bluetooth.. thats what alot of cell phones are using for cordless head pieces to talk on your cell phones.. and Wi-Fi is purely for Internet..

Also bluetooth is not repacing wi-fi its replacing RF technology used for Controllers.

just want to correct you there schultz, bluetooth is can be used as a CRAPY internet/lan connection, but the PS3 will be using bluetooth 2, this is going to be the WIFI killer, much more stable then 802.11g at longer ranges with a slightly higher transfer rate

also, i am cyrus's friend that is selling his xbox for a psp, picked it up a day ago, havnt let go since. this is truely a console replacement handheld, the graphics are near comparible with the ps2, and you cant beat up to 6 player deathmatch on twisted metal head on.

I got mine used for 200 at gamestop (almost not worth it for the trouble i had to go through to get a working one) the games that are comming out on it are looking quite good, and ofcourse since i am getting a ps3 (mainly for the Bluetooth functions) i know there will be alot of extra features with the psp....Hell even microsoft has acknolweged the presence of the psp and what it is capible of since they will encorparate some functionallity between it and the 360