psp or ps3 or both
i dont know who this odin guy is ive never met him in my life

just joking

yeah i am pretty impressed with the PSP but i cant spend that money unless i get it for Christmas or somn but thats a little extravagant anyways so....
Cyrus
I will go ahead and disagree with you on the PSP. It was cool for the first 3 days i had it.. Now i don't touch it.. I keep looking at the games.. Nothing is interesting on it.. (Only one game i was interested in was out when i bought it) i don't like how it feels in my hand.. Plus i have actually had the whole system lock up on me.. I had to remove game, remove the batteries to reset the whole damn thing. The speakers on the damn thing are too quite you gotta max the volume just to hear it.. Same with the Movies barely hear them without headphones.. And then if you even take it out in any type of sunlight with that screen good luck playing that stupid thing.. Yea it looks cool but funnctionality the thing sucks ass..

Same with teh DS i can't stand Mario DS on the damn thing. So annoying controls.. Only game really wanting on that was Metriod DS which still isn't even out. So like i said.. i recommend anyone don't bother with teh PSP or DS they are both right now not worth it at all.
everyones opponions differ, and i respect that. Right now there are only a few good games out on it, but pick up a game pro magizine, there are plenty of great looking games comming out. As for the lockup, i have never had that happen to me, and my sound is quite good, i usually play twisted metal with half volume and it can still be too loud, havnt watched a movie yet though so i cant comment on that. All handhelds have a problem in sunlight, but you have to admit the psp plays better then most in it. I do agree spending 250 on a handheld is a bit pricy. thats why im treating it as my primary console, also i got mine used for 200...gamestops warrenty covers all things for 90days.
odin0425 Wrote:everyones opponions differ, and i respect that. Right now there are only a few good games out on it, but pick up a game pro magizine, there are plenty of great looking games comming out. As for the lockup, i have never had that happen to me, and my sound is quite good, i usually play twisted metal with half volume and it can still be too loud, havnt watched a movie yet though so i cant comment on that. All handhelds have a problem in sunlight, but you have to admit the psp plays better then most in it. I do agree spending 250 on a handheld is a bit pricy. thats why im treating it as my primary console, also i got mine used for 200...gamestops warrenty covers all things for 90days.
Actually no.. PSP's is the worse then DS's and GBA's from what i have seen.. Since the screen reflects the light sooo good that it is pretty much a mirror and i can't see the game or movie at all. Anymore about the only time i play it is when i am camping something in Everquest 2.. just launch it and wait.. been playing the Untold LEgends.. .
o and one other thing i forgot to mention is that the Load times are sooo stupid on that system. I swear they are slower then the Ps2's load times.. That right there annoys me when playing the handheld.

And again i will say in my opinion the PSP is not a console killer. Its already got lack luster results after its launch. I guess the thing that will probably drive the PSP is the modding community like it has driven the Xbox alot. again these are my opinions on things..
Schultz Wrote:o and one other thing i forgot to mention is that the Load times are sooo stupid on that system. I swear they are slower then the Ps2's load times.. That right there annoys me when playing the handheld.

And again i will say in my opinion the PSP is not a console killer. Its already got lack luster results after its launch. I guess the thing that will probably drive the PSP is the modding community like it has driven the Xbox alot. again these are my opinions on things..

you might have a defective psp, my psp load time is pretty quick and faster then the ps2
elcoholic Wrote:Excuse me? Mind clarifying this? Having a preference is ok but calling a system rubbish almost a year before launch sounds like you know something we don't or your a M$ fanboy trying to start a war :p
I can never undestand how people fight over systems...They're electronics for god's sake. You people treat them like family members or friends...
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Schultz Wrote:I guess the thing that will probably drive the PSP is the modding community like it has driven the Xbox alot. again these are my opinions on things..

In what way can you mod a psp? You got me intrigued! I'm a mod freak lol. My xbox is always getting messed with. Do you mean more like software hacks or something?
Yes there is software hacks so you can run homebrew software.. there are lots of emulators and such for the PSP that is out.. I will attempt to find links to em if you want.. But yes its pretty much the same thing as what has happened to the Xbox but most of all these have to be stored on Memory cards for them to work.. etc..
onizuka17711 Wrote:I can never undestand how people fight over systems...They're electronics for god's sake. You people treat them like family members or friends...
its the same thing.. people fight over Cars.. people fight over sports.. its because people like stuff and they hate other people calling it useless and not that great.. so just because its electronics doesn't mean anything.. the same happens everywhere else.
gubi-gubi Wrote:In what way can you mod a psp? You got me intrigued! I'm a mod freak lol. My xbox is always getting messed with. Do you mean more like software hacks or something?
I skipped through all taht & saw this; last I checked you can use a software hack thing or whatnot, but the problem is, they're putting software up-grades into some of the newer games to prevent this; so after you mod it, & try to play a new release it'll 'un-mod' it. That's the impression I got from reading Penny-Arcade's article of it.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Batz Kage Wrote:I skipped through all taht & saw this; last I checked you can use a software hack thing or whatnot, but the problem is, they're putting software up-grades into some of the newer games to prevent this; so after you mod it, & try to play a new release it'll 'un-mod' it. That's the impression I got from reading Penny-Arcade's article of it.
And like everything else.. They will find ways around the newer upgrades.. like it hasn't happened before i mean in v1.5 they tried to stop it and you can still run stuff on it. even with the Xbox they have done that.. as when you try to softmod the new Xbox 1.6 if you try to revert the dashboard to lower version it will error out the new kernel won't allow buggy dashboards to load..
http://www.psp-hacks.com/downloads.php

http://www.pspupdates.com/

these are the two best sites ive found for for hacks on the psp...though i updated the firmware before i knew you could hack it....grrr....just a matter of time before they start pumping out emulators for 1.52 though. the 2.0 update is supposed to be bad ass, with a web browser word proccessor and everything
thanks i couldn't post url's since i am at work and proxy blocks all those sites..
odin0425 Wrote:http://www.psp-hacks.com/downloads.php

http://www.pspupdates.com/

these are the two best sites ive found for for hacks on the psp...though i updated the firmware before i knew you could hack it....grrr....just a matter of time before they start pumping out emulators for 1.52 though. the 2.0 update is supposed to be bad ass, with a web browser word proccessor and everything
Yeah I researched for an emulator (not because I wanted one, my computer wouldn't be able to support the games -_-), but because i wanted to know if one was out; this was not to long after the system itself was released. I found that there was only one emulator out & it was made by & strickly for Sony..

Although I don't see that situation standing for very long.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html