Anime Games
Even if you get Voice actors you should do like the first Onimusha and make it bilingual. That way lazy bastards and tards across America can play it whilst hardcore MaFas like most of us here can play the subtitled version and laugh at all who play only the dubbed version.

MWWWAAAAAAAHHHAAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
i'm already laughing. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
I agree. If you feel you HAVE to dub it at least do it billingual that way I would buy it. It makes me think of dot hack and why I don't have it yet. Making a subtitled version as well would make everyone happy. That way people could have the english crap, and I, could have the great japanese version. Junkie Joe is right there are a billion hentai games out there I am sure you could get rights to at least one of em'. 8O 8O 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
in all honesty you're better off NOT dubbing games AT ALL, and just subtitling the japanese.....

there's already a group out there translating some game.... and they're actually subtitling the video clips and stuff......

so you're best just doing that if you DID pick anything with dialog....

second.... i'm not gonna get in a debate over subs and dubs..... but you shouldn't just assume that all HUGE anime freaks instantly hate dubs and ONLY watch subs......

i for one prefer dubbing in video games and SOME anime ALOT of the time..... well mostly in games...... cause if they speak japanese in a game i just skip through the text and read it on my own, if it's in english i'll actually listen to it

and there have been MANY occasions where i've enjoyed the dub of an anime 100000000 times more then the sub........
see this is just what I need good imput.

I'm seeing all your view points and I want to adress them all

elly- on the voices issue if i due dub I would try to use the Voices of the anime. Like The Slayers game I would use Lisa Ortiz to do the voice anyone else would be a shame to the game.

DARK OSAMU - I'm with you the whole way, that was the only way I could get Schultz to jump on board. Are problem is if we should include as an option or a code, or even like a reward. Beat the game change the Voice track and add subs. What's your view.

Desfunk- Very true and I feel your view point makes my idea that more true. By bring it over I need to offer a little more than a straight translantion port. I want to improve the game.

Steve_the_Talking_Pie - This is to you. I feel same about you as JunkieJoe so much Knowledge that your view is very important to me. So give me your thoughts on these... ideas

Ranma 1/2 slammed in to a Tekken type fighter or a Virtua Fighter 4?
Kenshin put in a Soul Calibur or Guilty Gear engine
Trigun in a Time Crisis 2 engine (playing as Vash and Wolfwood)

I have many more ideas. Please everyone your thoughts are very important so please provide your thoughts. And what hentia game do you suggest to bring over....?
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Making the original with subs a reward isn't a bad idea, but i would prefer it to be available from the start. This is how I see it; if the game, movie, show, or whatever the case is made in WHATEVER language it should stay in that language. If the product sucks then it is the original producers of the products fault that it didn't do well in sales or with people in general.

So, if it sux already in japanese, german, or whatever don't waste your time trying to fix their mistakes because it is not your problem, and if they released it that way then that is the way it is meant to be seen.

However it was originally released is the way I want to enjoy any product, nomatter the quality. I don't want to watch the Simpsons in another language because they were originally english. That's how the voices were perfectly picked and meant to be...in english. Matt picked those voices because he saw them fit.

Well that about sums it up for me. OH yeah and this burst of insanity......

AAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH 8O :twisted: :twisted:
that's the problem if you're porting over playstation games then you don't HAVE the option to give both..... a playstation game with dialog is crammed in the first place...... so you either choose either dub OR sub.... you can only pic 1..... unless you want to waste even more time and release BOTH on 2 different cds.....

but in all honesty it's a good idea....... i'm not sure if you'd actually PROFIT from it...... but as something you want to do.... i'm not gonna discourage you..... cause if you actually BROUGHT some good games out i'd get em all n_n
I'd like to see you get Lisa Ortiz and Crispin Freeman to work for you without a hell of a lot of money o.o
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
I would stick with fighting games, there isn't much dubbing to be done or none at all. The DOA2: Hardcore had the voices in both languages and in Virtua Foghter 4 the westerners spoke english and the orientals spoke japanese. It's also the genre where non-anime fans wouldn't care if it had a english dub or not.
I agree most fighters would be insanely easy to do. All you would really have to do is translate the japanese text. A Ranma1/2 game that was good would be great. put it in a Guilty Gear engine or A Capcom vs SNK engine. That would be nice well any anime where the charaters fight would benefit from a capcom makeover we will probably never see the day. Cry Cry 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
yeah fighters would be the easiest.... why? cause almost all of them are 90% english already Tongue
Correction: They are already in ENGRISH!

YOGA BRAST!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
That poor engrish dhalsim. Fighters also have alot of appeal as well. So many play em. 8O 8O 8O
That's just poor technology. :mrgreen:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
You guys are the best. All of your comments have helped a lot. Also it seems from an agent here in Okinawa that the video game rights for Ranma 1/2 half are available. I will be all over them if the gods are on my side. Anyways thanks and I'll give you guys an update soon.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Well a Ranma 1/2 fighting game would be good. Like Hard Battle only 50 times faster.

And a separate game with mini-games like Wedding Peach!!!! :mrgreen:

Dunk P-Chan
Skating the Golden Pair
Ramen Eating Contest
Jusenkyo Cursed Pools Jousting
Avoid Akane
Sasuke the secret Assasin
And some sort of timed challenge like getting the radio in the 3 Stooges game for the NES

I can sense some stolen ideas coming. :mrgreen:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need more anime style games! Ranmafan 4 4,605 06-24-2006, 07:14 AM
Last Post: Ryujin
  Video Game Anime! rav96 31 14,744 06-13-2004, 10:31 AM
Last Post: rav96