noir...
yeah.... but you also gotta think that not every dvd is THAT huge.... for all you know they might use the smaller ones.... which may actually be CHEAPER for them......

but yeah.... i guess you are right...... either way it's still screwing you when buying :p
Well most of the time i belive they use DVD-5 which is the lowest and that still holds like 5.x gigs .. easily for 5 episodes.. i think the only smaller ones are home dvd's which are 4.7 gigs.. basically ment to be smaller then manufactured dvds so it is more pain in the ass to copy a dvd movie. Etc. But no matter what companies that put 3 episodes per disc screw yea big time.. i about droped dead when i saw adv start putting 5 episodes per disc.. hehe

And what is really funny is Funimation masters disc really really shitty.. They don't even have there subtitles labeled as to what Language subtitle stream they are.. And generally there method of creating a disc changes from disc to disc. they are way inconsistant.
actually, dvd-3 is the lowest. but i agree with Schultz on this one. they're doin' it for the money. they try to milk as much as they think you're willing to pay. like they put the whole "earthian" series (4hrs.) on 1disc, but they probably would have split it up if it were a more popular series. if it's for consumer quality, they could just as well have used dvd-9 and fit even more for your money's worth.
I am currently downloading the DIVX files and the video, audio and subtitle quality is excellent (widescreen also). They are about 150 mb for each episode, I convert them to SVCD's (2 episodes per cd) and watch them on my dvd player and it looks pretty good on my TV. If you have a broadband or connection or are extremly patient I would recommend downloading them.
are you talking about noir or earthian? if it's earthian, then where are you dl it from? help a poor girl out! i can't seem to find it. if you're talking about noir then i am in the process of getting it also. got 13 eps rite now, but even w/ dsl, it takes time. you know, queues and that kinda thing Sad haven't watched any of it, but i think even if it were bad quality i would deal for the sake of being able to see it. but if it's good quality, then all the better. btw, how do you convert avi files to vcd's? i've always wanted to know. my ps2 doesn't seem to be able to play vcd's though.
This is too high tech. Just buy the stuff!!!! :mrgreen:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Quote:Originally posted by "eyrienhalf"

are you talking about noir or earthian? if it's earthian, then where are you dl it from? help a poor girl out! i can't seem to find it. if you're talking about noir then i am in the process of getting it also. got 13 eps rite now, but even w/ dsl, it takes time. you know, queues and that kinda thing Sad haven't watched any of it, but i think even if it were bad quality i would deal for the sake of being able to see it. but if it's good quality, then all the better. btw, how do you convert avi files to vcd's? i've always wanted to know. my ps2 doesn't seem to be able to play vcd's though.

I was talking about noir, your ps2 wont play vcd's or svcd's. I don't know why though, svcd's uses the mpeg2 format, the same as dvd's. Most dvd players will play vcd's. For more info on how to convert and burn vcd's go to www.vcdhelp.com
yeah.... most newer dvd players DO have cdr/cdrw/mp3/vcd support.... so it's pretty good if you like to make vcds..... now they even have dvdr support.... (well my bro's does :p )

it sucks if you downloaded tons of stuff..... burn it onto multiple cds... and THEN want to make a vcd out of it.... cause then you gotta go through that whole hassle of doing conversion and stuff.....

but it's a good thing to do if you have the space, speed and time.....

too bad i'd never do it..... my noir episodes are already on 8 cds.... i really don't wanna make more :p
well, i should probably invest in a new dvd player then. shouldn't live in the past. a friend of mine burned me some dvd's and they won't even play on the ps2. sucks. but ur right, it is sort of a hassle to go back and convert my pile of files already on cd. maybe i'll screw it all and just get a 17 in. monitor and throw a couch in front of my computer Big Grin
I was thinking about getting cable or dsl and downloading it, but I feel buying HK DVD is worth instead. Plus one more thing, DVD is high quality and that is how I like my video and my girls (jk).
The anime you own, may end up owning you.
How do I obtain these girls you speak of? :mrgreen:

My DVD player suppourts VCDs even though it's 2 years old. Pioneer whoooo whoooooo whoooo :mrgreen:

Quote:Originally posted by "vinnyracer"

I was thinking about getting cable or dsl and downloading it, but I feel buying HK DVD is worth instead. Plus one more thing, DVD is high quality and that is how I like my video and my girls (jk).

How much does dsl or cable cost where you live. I heard that its very expensive in the US. Here in Canada I was paying around 30 $ CDN (20 $US) a month with modem rental for two years for DSL. The government had some program that payed 16 $ CDN each month for the internet service and 500$ CDN for a computer. The rebate is about to run out soon but I'm gonna change to another DSL service provider for 30 $ CDN a month without modem rental(no big deal, I found one for 80 $). I'm just curious, How much is broadband in the states?

I only download high quality divx files now (currently getting chobits & noir), most are usually DVD rips, if I can't find it in very good quality then i'll get the HK sets. Love Hina & Cowboy Bebop are good examples, the divx files available for download weren't to great so I just bought the HK sets.
Quote:Originally posted by "eyrienhalf"

well, i should probably invest in a new dvd player then. shouldn't live in the past. a friend of mine burned me some dvd's and they won't even play on the ps2. sucks. but ur right, it is sort of a hassle to go back and convert my pile of files already on cd. maybe i'll screw it all and just get a 17 in. monitor and throw a couch in front of my computer Big Grin

well good luck.... cause i doubt even a new dvd player would be able to play those..... VERY few new new new models even HAVE dvd-r support......

so the only way to play dvd copies will be in your pc...... or if you mod your ps2......

either way it's just not worth it.......

as for DSL.... i pay like $45 canadian a month (due to bell being morons and raising their costs.... PLUS they smacked on a 5gig limit)...... which REALLY sucks...... mostly cause if you go over you have to pay for each 100megs X_X;
I have bell right now and I can't stand the 5 gig limit & the fact that they charge us 10 $ a month just for modem rental. They wont even let me use my own DSL modem. I had bell for 2 years and that means I paid around 250 $ for modem rental alone. I could have easily bought one for that price. I'm gonna change to AEI soon. They use the same servers as bell and its only 30 $ a month not including a modem but I just bought one for 80$ and there is no download/upload cap. I don't know if its available in ontario or not but if you live a big city you should have plenty of broadband options. Screw bell!
Charter Communications has certainly been my friend. :mrgreen: There tech suppourt actually works, and is pretty fast. :mrgreen:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Noir: A pointless Parody (SPOILERS) Sora 3 2,187 09-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dmr456
  What's up with Noir (FX)? BobDoleX 23 9,844 07-04-2004, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Cidien
  noir fx set?? how bad is it?? casshan83 16 6,933 06-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Last Post: rarnom
  Noir Perfect Collection? dailyplanet 7 3,583 12-22-2003, 07:12 AM
Last Post: puzzleguy
  Noir dvds Cyrius 6 3,921 08-06-2003, 09:22 PM