noir...
can someone please tell me if they've heard anything about noir being licensed at all? cause i'd rather have a nice R1 rip if it's somewhere beyond the horizon....
When in doubt, wait. Play it smart. Like a game of chess. :mrgreen:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
just don't wait to long
The anime you own, may end up owning you.
Don't listen to Vinnyracer. He's trying to boost his post count. Wait for the R1. It's your best bet. :mrgreen:

I have to agree with our pie here.

The only subs I've seen for Noir so far have been abysmal. I can't see Noir NOT getting picked up for an R1 release in the near future (I think someone's already signed for it... just a matter of time now).
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
yeah.... ADV has the rights to it..... but we probably won't see it anytime soon.....

as for the series..... i just have fansubs of it all...... and i LOOOOVE LOOOOOOVE LOOOOOOOOOVE it! :p
good advice...although waiting isn't easy either. hmm...maybe i'll dl fansubs for now.
VCDs ae cheap enough on ebay. :mrgreen:

ADV is currently hard at work on NOIR (dubbing it, etc). I do not believe there has been a street date mentioned as of yet. Smile
They'll put 3 episodes on a disc. Like the cash whores they are.....oops wait that's VIZ. *drum roll* Da Da Dum *pretends to swing a golf club* Thank You.

the MI version of Noir isn't bad at all
that's why i wouldn't buy the R1 anyway. i'd wait for the R1 Hong Kong rips which will take even longer.
Hong Kong rips usually take about 6 months after the R1's have finally been released. It's just the HK circle of life.

Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

They'll put 3 episodes on a disc. Like the cash whores they are.....oops wait that's VIZ. *drum roll* Da Da Dum *pretends to swing a golf club* Thank You.

you know what? i once ADV asking why they do that.... and it was quite logical why.....

in order to fit ALL the language tracks, and keep the highest quality... it's best to only do 3 eps (4 max)...... there were more reasons also.... but i don't remember any of them :p

plus it makes box sets look nicer (they never said that.... but that's what I think ;P )
Quote:Originally posted by "desfunk"

in order to fit ALL the language tracks, and keep the highest quality... it's best to only do 3 eps (4 max)...... there were more reasons also.... but i don't remember any of them :p

plus it makes box sets look nicer (they never said that.... but that's what I think ;P )

If they told you this then they are lieing to yea.. Because if you look at most Any Dvd with only 3 episodes on it each episode takes max 900 megs. and Dvds hold 6-9 gigs depending on the disc they use.. So they don't even come close to using up all the disc with just 3 episodes.. they just want your money.. Which has anyone noticed with adv they have been starting to put alot of 5 episodes discs out? ;o) and Animeworks have generally always done 4-5 episodes per disc .. Kenshin would of sucked buying if they didn't and Dbz does suck.. stupid Funimation

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Noir: A pointless Parody (SPOILERS) Sora 3 1,907 09-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dmr456
  What's up with Noir (FX)? BobDoleX 23 8,469 07-04-2004, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Cidien
  noir fx set?? how bad is it?? casshan83 16 6,072 06-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Last Post: rarnom
  Noir Perfect Collection? dailyplanet 7 3,193 12-22-2003, 07:12 AM
Last Post: puzzleguy
  Noir dvds Cyrius 6 3,481 08-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Last Post: kakomu