What's up with Noir (FX)?
I'm trying to figure out what's up with this release. I've been hearing horrible feedback about the video quailty from some people, while others claim that they watched the entire first disc and did not see any pixelation (they said it was comparable to FX's Love Hina set). So, what's going on? Did Flora release a crappy first batch of Noir DVDs and then decide to remake them perfectly?

I'm a bit confused, as FX usually prefers to label remastered DVDs as such to increase sales and alert buyers that previous problems have been "fixed." Any input would be appreciated Big Grin .
i have read many reviews about the quality of noir and it seems to be 50/50. noir may have been redone but that i don't know for sure, and untill i know i won't buy it either.
I wonder if JJ knows anything about what exactly is going on with FX's Noir.
I bought my FX Noir set about a month ago, and it looks great.
Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
worst series ever.
boring and every episode is slow and the same no story at all.
this is a very hard series to watch a few episodes in a row.

do not buy un less you dont know what you like in anime yet, like genere.

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
Well, I posted some screenshots of their second release, and another person posted pics of the first release. The quality is much much better, but there is still some pixilation, and even a tad bit of macroblocking durring really high action scenes. It does look near-perfect on a low res tv tho, and still looks good in high res too. Far from perfect, but still good.
[Image: kitty.gif]
I might pick this set up, but I'm a bit concerned about the plot. I loved .hack//SIGN, which has a similar staff, and there are hundreds of Noir-praising fans out there, but I've been told it becomes very slow (a la Gasaraki) and eventually extremely repetitive. I've only seen bits and pieces, and all the episodes I've seen are very similar (girls hunt for answers about Soldats, kill people, a high-ranking target utters an inane statement about the Soldats, episode ends).

The music is great, but I'm not sure if it's worth my time. Thanks for the input!
Quote:Originally posted by BobDoleX
I might pick this set up, but I'm a bit concerned about the plot. I loved .hack//SIGN, which has a similar staff, and there are hundreds of Noir-praising fans out there, but I've been told it becomes very slow (a la Gasaraki) and eventually extremely repetitive. I've only seen bits and pieces, and all the episodes I've seen are very similar (girls hunt for answers about Soldats, kill people, a high-ranking target utters an inane statement about the Soldats, episode ends).

The music is great, but I'm not sure if it's worth my time. Thanks for the input!

If you liked .hack//SIGN then you probably like Noir. It was animated by the same company who did .hack it's also directed by the same person and the music was also done by the same person. Noir is as slowpace as .hack was but I didn't have a problem with that.

By episode 9 the series starts to kick in and it isn't as slowpace as it was earlier episodes.
I love .hack//sign but I hate Noir..........Noir is SOOooOOOoo BORING.
I didn't even bother watching more than the first episode and I sold the R1s I bought.....
I only watch .hack and noir when i wanna fall asleep. (good sleeping pill) .... boring as hell.... they should make a better RPG anime cause hack suckkkkk.... and noir just repeat every episode... blah...
I thought Noir was ok. Its a slow series but when there is action it is done very well.

I have the Fx set from the first batch sold here at IA. I have a 70cm. 100Hz philips tv and have absolutely no problems with the video of this set. It looked perfect to me. I have gotten into a few arguments with people over this set because they claimed it had unwatchable video. I didn't agree with that but when there were people popping up all over saying the same I started to think about the 2 release theory. I would also like to know what's up with this set.

Anyway, mine is fine.
i got my set from JJ a coupla weeks ago

and its sooo not got any pixlaton to the dgree the reviews say so i must have a remastered set!
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
I love .hack//sign but I hate Noir..........Noir is SOOooOOOoo BORING.
I didn't even bother watching more than the first episode and I sold the R1s I bought.....

How can you condemn a great show like Noir based on seeing only one episode? The show is a little slow-paced at first, but actually has a very intriguing storyline that appears around episode 9 or 10. If you watched all five episodes on the first dvd and still didn't like it, I could understand. For the record, I loved Noir but disliked .hack//Sign, but I managed to slog through about 10 episodes of .hack before giving up. Anyway, for everyone else out there, if you like your show to have both style and substance, watch Noir.
Currently Watching: Ouran High School Host Club
All time favorite: Cowboy Bebop
2nd Favorite: Berserk and Evangelion (a tie)
I don't care about your record. I was just voicing my own opinion. I have my own preferences. I don't need to like what you like.
I wasn't saying you have to like what you like. All I meant was that you should give a show more of a chance than one episode. If you still think it sucks after four or five eps. that's fine. You might end up really liking it in the long run.
Currently Watching: Ouran High School Host Club
All time favorite: Cowboy Bebop
2nd Favorite: Berserk and Evangelion (a tie)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  noir fx set?? how bad is it?? casshan83 16 6,074 06-14-2004, 10:40 PM
Last Post: rarnom