Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Huge ADV sale!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
as im sure many of you are already aware of, adv is having a huge anime sale until the 28th. up to 75% off on some titles.

click here for the sale!

If this is against any of the forum rules then please feel free to remove this thread Smile
Wish I had some money now. =/
Those are pretty good sales. Big Grin

But, any Canadians here might be well aware of the stores SAAN and Zellers...

From there, I got some of these ADV titles cheaper..
Arc the lad vol 1
Generator Gawl vol 2
Dai-Gaurd vol 1
Robotech vol 9
City Hunter Motion picture
Soul Hunters vol 4
Chance Pop Session vol 1
there are a couple more but Im not going to bother. Anyone else see ADV sales like that in local stores...? They all cost me 7.99$ CAD. (Except for Arc, it was 16.99). Those are all DVDs too. The VHS where something like 4.99. It was weird, because in the store next too it, some of those titles where 40$.
Im aware of Zellers but what was the other one?
isn't that big. the only item I really wanted to buy was King of Bandit Jing Cool
I like ADV, they have great voice acting, when someone screams in an ADV anime its with passion and intensity. A lot of times the intensity of American voice acting falls ways short of the Japanese voice acting. They also have very unique series. And last, there prices arent bad. Many times when you buy a domestic anime DVD, you pay around $20 and you only get 3 maybe 4 episodes(if you're lucky). ADV's Essential Collection you can get entire series for about $20, if not a whole series its about 10 episodes. Well thats all i have to say that. "Peace out, Napolean"
you guys who live in canada might also want to check out your local wal-mart, they are having a sale similar to the one at zellers. i spotted key the metal idol there, among other titles
I ordered 2 titles from ADV on Friday night when I first found out about the sale.

*wonders how much longer until LE comes in here and starts bashing ADV*
kkun Wrote:you guys who live in canada might also want to check out your local wal-mart, they are having a sale similar to the one at zellers. i spotted key the metal idol there, among other titles

Ya know, i've never seen the wal marts around here (i live in north dakota in the u.s.) carry any anime before.

And maybe LE has learned he's a dick about bashing ADV since every single person on these boards thinks he's stupid for having baseless opinions about them. But, probably not.
I just ordered two items from them. Now if only they had Sin the Movie. Oops nvr mind
Anyone seen the Aura Battler Dunbine? Heard/read good reviews abt it. Just wondering if the animation is dated or "modern"? Want to get it but I hate watching washed out graphics.
Walmart!? Yay! We just got one of those, One of the biggest yet built. I could finish my Key The Metal Idol collection if what your saying applies too Antigonish. Im going to have to check it out after school . . .
We don't have a Zellers, and the other one I mentioned is going out of business. I've only seen one other in Canada, and that was in Halifax. (SAAN)
katherine_jean Wrote:Those are pretty good sales. Big Grin

But, any Canadians here might be well aware of the stores SAAN and Zellers...

From there, I got some of these ADV titles cheaper..
Arc the lad vol 1
Generator Gawl vol 2
Dai-Gaurd vol 1
Robotech vol 9
City Hunter Motion picture
Soul Hunters vol 4
Chance Pop Session vol 1
there are a couple more but Im not going to bother. Anyone else see ADV sales like that in local stores...? They all cost me 7.99$ CAD. (Except for Arc, it was 16.99). Those are all DVDs too. The VHS where something like 4.99. It was weird, because in the store next too it, some of those titles where 40$.

I had seen that as well. The Bay has some anime in the same price range as well. The only one i picked up was City Hunter the Motion Picture.

I never knew walmart was selling anime in deals like that as well. I'll have to look next time i'm there. Though I doubt mine would have any. Since it rarely carries anime in the first place (only for a few months did they get random new titles in, then they stopped)
Well, what I said wasn't entirely true. They did get a few random robotech titles in. They had like 5 total. But that's it.
Cidien Wrote:Well, what I said wasn't entirely true. They did get a few random robotech titles in. They had like 5 total. But that's it.

I pretty much knew what you meant, cause every once in a while, I would see some random stuff completely out of left field like some Yu Yu edited eps. and then some Studo Ghibli stuff. Right now, they have the Inuyasha movie at the one in Farmington, but less than 20 miles away in Bonteir there is nothing and that walmart is bigger. So it seems to be really hit and miss.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14