Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Huge ADV sale!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Vicious Wrote:Sorry. What I really meant to say was that I am now the new CEO of ADV.

And as the new CEO, first decision I make is to let LE come in for a job interview . . . so we can reject him again!!!
Wow, if it's that easy to get a job at ADV, I wonder what kind of idiot wouldn't be able to?
r00ster Wrote:Gantz is 26 episodes on 13 volumes... at $13 a pop (and if you pay more than that, you don't know where to shop). That's no more expensive than 6-7 volume set. We're damn lucky -anyone- had the guts to license Gantz, not to mention license it and release it UNCUT and UNCENSORED. A dog lick's the main girl's junk for crying out loud!

Price aside, it's ludicrous and obnoxious. That's the same number of volumes as Fruits Basket, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, and His and Her Circumstances R1 combined, all of which are the same 26 episodes as Gantz.

It is a waste of shelf space, inconvience to buy and carry around, and the worst of all, the waste of precious resources. Shouldn't the corporation be subjected to the same conservation standard as individual? IMO, corporations which blatanly waste material should be fined by EPA or something.
hbk101 Wrote:Price aside, it's ludicrous and obnoxious. That's the same number of volumes as Fruits Basket, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, and His and Her Circumstances R1 combined, all of which are the same 26 episodes as Gantz.

It is a waste of shelf space, inconvience to buy and carry around, and the worst of all, the waste of precious resources. Shouldn't the corporation be subjected to the same conservation standard as individual? IMO, corporations which blatanly waste material should be fined by EPA or something.

I think you -might- be blowing things a little out of proportion.. and maybe grasping at some straws. There are companies *cough* Viz *cough* who release 100+ episode series on 3 episode volumes.... at almost double the price of Gantz volumes. If anything is a waste of resources, it is that... and even then I wouldn't call it a waste of resources, as it's not like they're ending up in a landfill somewhere like disposable cleaning items.. or, disposable anything for that matter.

Personally, I'll like having to wait half as much time between volumes... as it's always nice to have something coming in the mail from my pre-orders... even if it is only 2 new episodes.

Also, I love box art, so I'll be more than happy to dedicate a shelf to the Gantz boxes if they keep making them that nice.
onizuka17711 Wrote:Wow, if it's that easy to get a job at ADV, I wonder what kind of idiot wouldn't be able to?

LE? Oh wait... was that a rhetorical question? Smile
hbk101 Wrote:Price aside, it's ludicrous and obnoxious. That's the same number of volumes as Fruits Basket, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, and His and Her Circumstances R1 combined, all of which are the same 26 episodes as Gantz.

:confused: Do you have any real point? Most people with that problem would just think pack the DVDs. The bottom line is that they are not subject to those conservation laws and their going to release it how they want so chill...
Puppet Master Wrote::confused: Do you have any real point? Most people with that problem would just think pack the DVDs. The bottom line is that they are not subject to those conservation laws and their going to release it how they want so chill...

But that many DVDs would be -heavy- for such a widdle guy to carry... even thinpak'd. Plus, think of all the plastic trees they're destroying! They probably use baby seal eyes to make the DVDs, too.
r00ster Wrote:But that many DVDs would be -heavy- for such a widdle guy to carry... even thinpak'd. Plus, think of all the plastic trees they're destroying! They probably use baby seal eyes to make the DVDs, too.

Yeah the poor children Rolleyes
r00ster Wrote:LE? Oh wait... was that a rhetorical question? Smile
You're making it sound like we're making fun of LE... :p . And believe me, LE never crossed my mind when I said that Wink .
r00ster Wrote:But that many DVDs would be -heavy- for such a widdle guy to carry... even thinpak'd. Plus, think of all the plastic trees they're destroying! They probably use baby seal eyes to make the DVDs, too.

This is what's wrong with the country. Things are so abundant in states that people just don't care about conserving.

Where do you think plastic is coming from? Out of thin air? It is a by-product of petroleum processing. No oil means no plastics. How about DVDs? It is mainly made of aluminum. Do you think there is endless supply of aluminum? Why do you think we recycle alumnium cans? How about all the extra packaging that's going to be thrown away?
Puppet Master Wrote::confused: Do you have any real point? Most people with that problem would just think pack the DVDs. The bottom line is that they are not subject to those conservation laws and their going to release it how they want so chill...
Why should I chill? I am not buying Gantz. If less people buy Gantz, Adv will not repeat the same BS practice again. If you want to support that kind of release practice. Go right ahead and buy it. But I am not supporting it, and I hope there are plenty others.
I never had any intention of buying it personally. But here?s the thing yes you can refuse to buy it but that's all you can do. People will do what they want irregardless of your choice and that?s the bottom line. If the sales are shitty they may or may not continue that practice only time will tell and that?s all up to many consumers not just a few.
hbk101 Wrote:This is what's wrong with the country. Things are so abundant in states that people just don't care about conserving.

Where do you think plastic is coming from? Out of thin air? It is a by-product of petroleum processing. No oil means no plastics. How about DVDs? It is mainly made of aluminum. Do you think there is endless supply of aluminum? Why do you think we recycle alumnium cans? How about all the extra packaging that's going to be thrown away?

... i can already see where this thread is going Rolleyes
hbk101 Wrote:This is what's wrong with the country. Things are so abundant in states that people just don't care about conserving.

Isn't there a tree somewhere you should be humping?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to slip into my baby panda head slippers, and drive my SUV around the city for a few hours.
r00ster Wrote:Isn't there a tree somewhere you should be humping?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to slip into my baby panda head slippers, and drive my SUV around the city for a few hours.

Back to your sexual innuendo? Why all this obsession with humping? Not getting enough?

Have fun wearing your imaginary slipper and driving your imaginary hummer. Rolleyes With that attitude, the next series will be released in 26 discs for one episode a piece.
r00ster Wrote:But that many DVDs would be -heavy- for such a widdle guy to carry... even thinpak'd.

Hahahaha. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14