Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Huge ADV sale!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
As far as Gantz is concerned, hbk, do you honestly think you're going to make even the slightest difference if you boycott it? Do you really think ADV or whoever is really going to stay up at night, crying about how you refused to buy Gantz? Odds are you're just going to spend your money on some other anime, so they get their profit anyway...

And also, are you really going to tell me you care about the extra trees and stuff used?
Hahaha... I finally lay off the poor widdle guy 'cause his skull was as thick as his arguments were thin... and then everyone else starts laying in.

Treeeeeemendous. Wink
katherine_jean Wrote:My thoughts exactly.

Plus, if you have enough room, and the art is pretty, then. Its even worth it.

In my opinion at least.

The first Gantz art box is really quite nice... I'm kind of looking forward to having a couple of them on my shelf.
hbk101 Wrote:Are you obssesed with thinpak? Why should I put DVD in anything other than original package it came in that I paid for?

Besides, it's not cheaper. Rightstuff is selling it for $16.18. That's over $32 for 4 episodes. Don't give me this crap about sale somewhere. It's not a good comparison. Entire Princess Nine set was selling for $30 at a bargain deal. That's $5.00 for 4 episodes, but I can't use that number to say that Gantz is expensive. You have to compare the regular price for 6 disc set and 13 disc set of 26 episodes series

You can't compare different series price wise considering there is a number of factors that change the price. Disc number really isnt the most important!
hbk101 Wrote:Plant trees instead of being busy chopping them. That'll get you more oxygen. Apparently you are not one of smart folk you are talking about. You should follow your own advice and stop breathing.

Why don't you go dig some holes and plant some trees? That's the problem people always say how the world needs to be saved and all that well heres the fact the world is screwed and eventually man will just go to destroy another planet. The thing is the opinions of others don't matter to alot also if you think the boxes take up too much space just get one of those DVD/CD cases that hold a lot of discs...
onizuka17711 Wrote:As far as Gantz is concerned, hbk, do you honestly think you're going to make even the slightest difference if you boycott it? Do you really think ADV or whoever is really going to stay up at night, crying about how you refused to buy Gantz? Odds are you're just going to spend your money on some other anime, so they get their profit anyway...

And also, are you really going to tell me you care about the extra trees and stuff used?

The thing is, he's not the only one boycotting it. The vast majority (atleast on forums) won't buy Gantz for the same reason as he mentions (except the tree stuff Big Grin ). His point is if enough people boycott this release they wont start releasing series this way anymore, so yes it will make a difference. And its not like he's holding gatherings everywhere on the net to keep people from buying it, he has good points. I get the feeling people are jumping on the bandwagon before even reading this thread Rolleyes
adv is having a saint patrick's day sale
r00ster Wrote:The first Gantz art box is really quite nice... I'm kind of looking forward to having a couple of them on my shelf.
Haha, at least someone here is thinking the same way I am.

I don't mind chipping in a few extra bucks, if the series is as good as people say it is.
As long as theres some nice extras, and something pretty to look at, Im all set. (Like, what about wallscrolls? there expensive, but decorative)

If you people want to boycott Gantz so bad, just do it, if you don't, good enough, no point arguing over it... It's not like we havent seen this done before. And if its the price, just get it HK, or second hand..hell, why don't you even wait for a boxed set to come out?

EDIT: I just looked up the price on http://www.cdplus.com (My main supplier, due to lack of credit card) and what the heck is the big fuss over? I mean..19.99 isnt bad at all, considering they are a pretty expensive store besides that. And the artboxes from ADV there are usually 50 dollors. Its 30 there. I think thats a good deal, considering what there prices usually are.
hbk101 Wrote:This is what's wrong with the country. Things are so abundant in states that people just don't care about conserving.

Where do you think plastic is coming from? Out of thin air? It is a by-product of petroleum processing. No oil means no plastics. How about DVDs? It is mainly made of aluminum. Do you think there is endless supply of aluminum? Why do you think we recycle alumnium cans? How about all the extra packaging that's going to be thrown away?

Puppet Master Wrote:Why don't you go dig some holes and plant some trees? That's the problem people always say how the world needs to be saved and all that well heres the fact the world is screwed and eventually man will just go to destroy another planet.

hbk101 Wrote:Why should I chill? I am not buying Gantz. If less people buy Gantz, Adv will not repeat the same BS practice again. If you want to support that kind of release practice. Go right ahead and buy it. But I am not supporting it, and I hope there are plenty others.

I have to say I agree with hbk101 on this matter which is why quite often I feel a strong hatred towards the human race and I do hope we all die before destroying yet another planet. However, I don't think that's really the point here. What matters here is the reason why ADV is putting 26 episodes in 13 dvds. I was told this is happening because releasing the unedited version is costing ADV a lot of money and they need to make up for it. Whether this is true or not I can't say but if it is I think it's a good reason.

hbk101 Wrote:I give a shit when the anime collection start taking over a room.

vegeta76 Wrote:That is what thinpak's were designed for Rolleyes

gubi-gubi Wrote:Yeh I hear of people throwing out art boxes to save space! :eek: Why buy them at all? May aswell get HK if you're going to waste money then throw it away...

I've also wondered how some people can possibly thinpak their collections. I suppose I'm just to big a fanatic to ever do that. And believe me I deal with the problem of lack of space everyday. Manga and books are much bigger than a dvd case and you can't thinpak them, sometimes I think of just renting a warehouse or something! Big Grin
The only thing that keeps me from thinkpaking is that I have far too many art boxes, and I love art boxes...

I am glad to see some releases coming out already thin-pak'd, however... the new Blue Seed complete collection is quite a nice little set, and takes up so little shelf space.

...and yeah, $19.99 for a volume + artbox is a really reasonable price for two episodes... so there really isn't anything to fuss over other than the fact that it's evidentally DESTROYING THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE by consuming more resources... and that it will take up more PRECIOUS SHELF SPACE! OH NOS! WUT WILL WE DO!?!
r00ster Wrote:12 Kingdoms didn't do much for me... I'm normally all over epic stuff like that, but after the first three volumes, I still wasn't into it. Maybe I would have liked it better if they had released it on 20 volumes, rather than 10... I dunno. Wink

Seriously, though... 12 Kingdoms just seemed to move to slowly... or felt too familiar to other stuff I'd watched before.

I really liked 12 Kingdoms. It took a few discs to get into it, but after that, I couldn't get enough of it. This last story arc was really really good.

Just a reminder - Less than 2 weeks to go until Hilarycon in Houston. Can't wait.
puppet Master Wrote:You can't compare different series price wise considering there is a number of factors that change the price. Disc number really isnt the most important!
Of course, you can. Adv has a standard regular price which is $29.90 for most of their 26 episode series anime regardless of titles. Gantz is $17.98.

Puppet Master Wrote:Why don't you go dig some holes and plant some trees? That's the problem people always say how the world needs to be saved and all that well heres the fact the world is screwed and eventually man will just go to destroy another planet. The thing is the opinions of others don't matter to alot also if you think the boxes take up too much space just get one of those DVD/CD cases that hold a lot of discs...
That has to be the dumbest thing you said on this forum. I'll love to go plant some trees. In fact, I don't mind volunteering for that. And you are telling me to go buy more cases when I was complaning of too many cases? What do you do with original cases? Throw them away?
onizuka17711 Wrote:As far as Gantz is concerned, hbk, do you honestly think you're going to make even the slightest difference if you boycott it? Do you really think ADV or whoever is really going to stay up at night, crying about how you refused to buy Gantz? Odds are you're just going to spend your money on some other anime, so they get their profit anyway...

Why do you think people go out to vote? Do you think one vote makes no difference? Do you think people should stop voting then?

As for extra trees and stuff, yes, I do care. There are people like me and Andromeda who care about things like that. Most importantly, I don't want 26 episodes on 13 discs. I want them on less than 8 discs. I really appreciate the entire Fruits basket was put in only 4 discs. That was nice.
hbk101 Wrote:Why do you think people go out to vote? Do you think one vote makes no difference? Do you think people should stop voting then?

As for extra trees and stuff, yes, I do care. There are people like me and Andromeda who care about things like that. Most importantly, I don't want 26 episodes on 13 discs. I want them on less than 8 discs. I really appreciate the entire Fruits basket was put in only 4 discs. That was nice.
No, but whether one person votes or not really makes no difference...As with Gantz, you not buying it makes no difference what-so-ever to ADV...There will always be the rest of the market.

And as for the environment, just about everything you do hurts it. If you care so much, then why don't you just curl up at the dump with the rest of the trash and stop consuming anything at all? You won't hurt the environment then...And just think! Your decomposed body can act as fertilizer!
onizuka17711 Wrote:No, but whether one person votes or not really makes no difference...As with Gantz, you not buying it makes no difference what-so-ever to ADV...There will always be the rest of the market.

And as for the environment, just about everything you do hurts it. If you care so much, then why don't you just curl up at the dump with the rest of the trash and stop consuming anything at all? You won't hurt the environment then...And just think! Your decomposed body can act as fertilizer!

Onizuka don't be so radical about it! You can't either damage the planet completely or not damage it at all. There's a middle ground. We can help the environment without curling up at the dump you know? And if you want don't even think it's for the good of the planet, think it's for your own good 'cause if we don't get our act together and stop harming our planet we're going to suffer the consequences as well, same as every other creature.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14