Import Anime Forums

Full Version: NEWTYPE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I think this is something that you people need to here asuming that you people like anime (if you don't why the hell are you here?). Newtype the Moving Pictures Magazine begins publication in the U.S in November of this year!(it is also going to be distributed in Canada as well I know alot of you are from the great white north.) This is great news this magazine is the greatest anime magazine in publication. To subscribe go to www.newtype-usa.com. Everyone Rejoice. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
damn !!!! $90 for a 1 year subscription.. nothing like my $12 subscriptions for 1 year of Maxium.
GEEZ!!!! that's expensive..... how many issues do you get a year... 12? OY!!!!

nothing can beat my $40 for 8 older issues of newtype mags :p (i won them off ebay)

if that's $90 canadian then it IS worth it.... if that's $90 yankee-bean then i'm not touching it :p
desfunk, if u want to subscribe to it to Canada, it costs 145USD per year ;p really a rip of if u ask me... when u think of it u can get the info in that mag for free from the net and the free dvd they include is just junk... i mean alot of previews and sometimes full episodes to wet your beak, where u can get those previews of coming soon already in HK format cheap, in its entirety.
I agree $90 dollars is a lot of money for just twelve issues. I will probably wait and see the first issue to make sure it isn't just the same old crap. I saw on the site that it was going to be sold at Media Play so I will check out the first issue there. I wonder how much a single issue will be? :x 8O 8O 8O
geez that's bad!..... the only reason i get them is for studying purposes (i do draw mass.... and i can always learn by studying more... also good for colouring also).......

plus gives me something good to look at when i'm bored......

either way i'd never subsribe to that..... i only buy like 1 issue of that a year anyway.... and that's whenever i stop in toronto Tongue
I'll take out a loan. Then I will let you know how the magazine is goes. :mrgreen:
Quote:nothing like my $12 subscriptions for 1 year of Maxium.

Did you know that you can get Maxim, Stuff, FHM for 1 year subscription for $19.

http://ads.kleinman.com/cgi-bin/adcycle/...2&id=1

I first issue of newtype is coming out tomorrow. I'm going to get it and see if it is any good.
Maxim works for me. I love my Tara Reid issue. :mrgreen:
I subscribed to Newtype, I'm eagerly awaiting my first issue. =) I like to buy anime mags and I know I'd buy it in the store.. Sooo I can pay $90 now or $120 if I buy it in stores. Easy choice for me. =)
I'm still debating with myself on wether or not to get it. I will probably wait for the premire issue, and buy that then make a decision on wether or not I want to subsribe. 8O 8O
Speaking of subscriptions, Animerica is $30 for a year till Nov 15, then it goes back up to $50.. Just in case anyone cares. Wink I've bought the last 5 issues or so.. I'll probably end up subscribing while it's cheap.. 50% off the cover price pretty good.. Makes me think they're finally starting to get enough readers to be able to offer this kind of discount.
Hmmm interesting article :

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/re...,print.htm

"John Ledford says there will be fair and unbiased reporting on all companies. Japan will be covered, the US, UK, Europe, and Austrailia. It will be Japanese bound, mean read from right to left. One Newtype USA difference will be a centerfold (John's turning red). A DVD will be in almost every issue, and not just material from ADV.

ADV will be handling the distro for it, and you will be able to order it from previews. The newsstand price hasn't been set yet, but it will probably be between $10-$12. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DVD per issue? It seems worth the 10 dollars a month! lol.. BUT, personally I think it's going to suck. Why? It's geared to an american audience. Plain and simple. Sure it will be in english,but it will cover mostly american stuff/anime, than Japanese. It will have Japanese related articles, but it's not the same as picking up a Japanese new type. It won't have Angel Dust Neo! For those who don't know, Angel Dust was a manga drawn by aoi nanase ... I don't know how to explain it but it was wonderfull.... and now the have the second part! grrr...... But digressing, I think that they should do a direct translation of the Japanese newtype and put a small section in the mid back or something dedicated to american anime related features.. who knows... I don't know, we'll see when it comes out. Smile and newtpe-usa.com does not work, I don't get any page when I load it up...
Quote:Speaking of subscriptions, Animerica is $30 for a year till Nov 15, then it goes back up to $50.. Just in case anyone cares. I've bought the last 5 issues or so.. I'll probably end up subscribing while it's cheap.. 50% off the cover price pretty good.. Makes me think they're finally starting to get enough readers to be able to offer this kind of discount.

Are you talking about the US version? So far, I thought it was $90 for a year.

Also, is the 1st issue out yet?
Quote:Originally posted by "vinnyracer"

Are you talking about the US version? So far, I thought it was $90 for a year.

Also, is the 1st issue out yet?
He was talking about Animerica not Newtype.. I am still thinking about getting this newtype.. but not fully sure yet..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8