Import Anime Forums

Full Version: NEWTYPE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
How about a Japanese for dummies? You think that might help me learn Japanese.

My local comic book store still didn't get any copies in yet? They SUCK!!!

And I can't find it at any local book store. What is going on?
There are many course books, learn-by-cds, dictionaries you should use.
The Nihongo for dummies books suck. Don't waste your time or money on a halfass book when for a few dollars more you can get the real deal.\
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
You won't learn Japanese from a book. I takes a lot of time, just like any other language, but especially for asian characters. :mrgreen:
A good book to start with is "A Japanese Reader Graded Lessons for Mastering the Written Language" buy Tuttle. It gives you a little backround on the language and teaches you by reading. What I really suggest you do though is along with a book that teaches the two syllabries and kanji is get a manga about one of your favorite anime's and sit down and look at the pictures and the symbols themselves. Seeing something you like will help you learn. Try watching your anime without subs evey now and then to test your proficentcy. It is a fun language don't let anyone tell you otherwise. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
No it's not fun. Drives people crazy. :mrgreen: Don't make me bring back the story of the nervous break down. :mrgreen:
It is fun. I am truly sorry for your friend who had the nevous break down. The language to me just drips cool. It looks and sounds awesome. 8O 8O 8O 8O
However German just sounds scary. *shutters*
Ralespidoit Strudel. 8O 8O 8O Yes it does. 8O 8O 8O 8O
The German Uncle Scrooge sounded like Hitler. 8O
It is so funny he sounded like Hitler, yet acts like a Jew. hahahahahahahahahahahaha. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
Thank You Captain Stereotype. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Quote:kakoi said, "It is fun. I am truly sorry for your friend who had the nervous break down. The language to me just drips cool. It looks and sounds awesome"

Your right that it does sound cool, and depending on which form you look at I can see how it looks cool, (like more along the lines of art) But to be honest, it is very upsetting. When the majority puts the verb before the subject. Example "Steve went to the store" English and most Europe spoken language but in Japanese it's almost like this "To the store Steve went" now that is very hard to get down and I find myself speaking Japanese (what is referred to as Americanese) Because I say it correct grammar in America but say it in Japanese.[/u]
This is a cool trick. If you talk like Yoda you will always get it right. "Go now you must". Perfect japanese. It works nearly every time. Omae no Okasan wa joro desu. Daisuke supageti. What I said isn't true. I promise. It is quite funny though. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O I will tell you what it means later. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
I just bought my issue of Newtype it is worth the $90 dollar subscription rate. Well worth it. It is alot cheaper than me getting a subscription to the actual japanese newtype which is like $500 and some dollars. Big Grin 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
When I was younger, I thought Yoda was retarded. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I mean he was really old and spoke like a fool. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8