Import Anime Forums

Full Version: NEWTYPE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
vinny, he's talking about animerica managize being 30 bucks... its like first domestic anime magazine thats been on the market for years now... Newtype is the expensive one heh
How is the Animerica Magazine and where can I get a copy?
Hum you can look through your Magazine stores generally they carry them.. or you can go here..
http://www.animerica-mag.com/
Animerica in my opinion is mediocre at best. It used to be better, but they cut my favorite section "Best of the East" to 2 pages! I have nearly every issue but as of late I haven't been picking it up because it just dosen't hold anything for me like it used to. I thought when I heard about Newtype it was just going to be a direct translation of the japanese version sadly I was mistaken. I will just have to get a subscription to the japanese version (didn't want to cause it is so expensive) Cry Cry Well I guess I will have to swallow my pride and buy it. 8O 8O 8O
Do anyone know if it is out yet at any B&M store?
Newtype is supposed to be out this month. I haven't seen it in any bookstore as of yet. If you were talking about animerica the new issue is out now at booksamillion and media play. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
Hey what about Anime Invasion,

I have been getting it since it hit the rack. It is a quarterly
production but its articles are great. Love the Last Man Standing
section. The only prob I have with it is that sometimes there info
is a little to off... The top ten sweet hearts comes to mind hey Schultz

But they did a ariticle on the top 50 things cut out of Dragonball and
Salior Moon. Those were enough to make me pick up every quarter.
I used to get animerica extra and from what Kakoi tells me, ANIMERICA has gone to shit too :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
Anime Invasion is a decent mag. It is made by the folks that do wizard. The info alot of time seems to come from the internet. This one issue had a picture of Goku Jr. and they said it was Goku. They do "look" the same, but are "not" the same. I don't think that they have seen or used the stuff they review. Alot of their info is totally off, but I own every issue. 8O 8O 8O
though i don't have it... newtype IS out, cause a friend of mine was telling me about it......

he also mentioned that the magazine is really well done.... and quite enjoyable to read.....

maybe i'll pick up an issue if i ever see it :p
Logical FairUse:
I received mine in the mail today. It looks better than I thought it would, it looks like they ripped a lot of the Japanese Newtype articles out and just put in English text (which I like). It does not appear to be an ADV propaganda machine (which I was expecting).

Illogical FairUse:
ADV is still EVIL!!!

Perverted FairUse:
Megami magazine is better though! (* FairUse drools at the bishoujos hanging on his walls * )
Some one wrote a fairly extensive review of the 1st newtype issue at the arcticnightfall forum (thank you kingsnake)

Here is the link

http://www.arcticnightfall.com/boards/sh...eadid=4453
Great. So what is the cover price? 8O 8O 8O 8O
900 yen. :twisted:
Too rich for my blood. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O hahahahahahaha.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8