Poll: What anime series will people be dressed as the most
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DragonBall
0%
0 0%
Ranma 1/2
0%
0 0%
Kenshin
0%
0 0%
Sailor Moon
0%
0 0%
Other... Post series
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Anime Convention in Boston
Ok so the time is vastly approaching.... The anime convention in Boston. After looking as if I was going TDA (Temporary Duty Assignment) to the Middle East. I received word it was canceled. So now I am free to attend the convention with the rest of you guys. So here is my dilemma... But first I being the posting slut I have become am going to be the first to say I will not hijack this thread off topic and hope others will do the same. I Thank You in advance.

Now if you check the web site for the Convention http://animeboston.com/ you will see that they have staff openings. I may apply for one of the EMT positions. Hell free room & board. Down side I have to donate 20 hours of service. So my question is this... How about we room together? I mean Steve, Kakoi, & Dark I would share a room with you guys in a heart beat. Plus it would only be 20 to 40 bucks out of pocket instead of 100 to 150. Bonus I don't have to donate my time and get to waste it with you the people I know...

So what say you...?
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
I don't know what to say Morgorath. I would absolutely love to go but there really is no way I can. I honestly couldn't afford the trip to get there and we are shorthanded at work as is. Cry I can't thank you enough for the envitation though. But all sentiments aside. It doesn't matter if I go or not, because we still can "hang out" here and if you're ever in town, there is a spare bedroom here at my house for ya' as well. Heck, I never get to go to any of the conventions out here in Raleigh either. As a matter of fact, I have NEVER been to one. Man.....I gotta get out more.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Sounds like a good idea. I just wonder how I would make it all the way to Boston. You never know. 8O 8O 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Well, I'd dress as Kenshiro, so I could constantly rip off my shirt. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
ok see this is exactly my point Dark... you and Kakoi could team up (fushion style) and travel by car to the convetion. Then it would be a much cheaper on us all. From my early figures I see it as thus
$50 for a room that being a room with two beds hell I'll sleep on the floor
$30 for the three day convetion pass
$100 on food thats if we splurge and pay for the hookers food too
$20 bucks for gas... If you and kakoi drive up we have car will travel

Total $200 bucks add another $100 for insurance it's $300

I say lets play with the idea... Oh and Steve love the Kenshiro idea... Me I'm going as Ryouga and Sano from Kenshin. Hey when I'm Sano I'll be showing my chest all day... I better hit the gym first...
The cost would be higher for me, because I need to bring about 50 red T's. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Steve your personal spending spree is yours and *mine* business. Look on the real down and dirty part. Dark & Kakoi I really need you guys there. See Schultz's significant other is coming and well as much fun as it sounds I would like to have other people to hang with. This will be thier first "vacation" together. And some aloe time will be needed. You guys figure out what your total cost will be for the trip. I am assuming you would be coming by car. And I'll help foot a portion of the bill. You have my e-mail. So send me your thoughts. Oh and Steve what are you coming dressed as...

Sano here I come... Wulfwood's costume is too easy Ryougha's is a different story
When is it? I know the link is right there but I am so lazy. I will have to figure out how much money I will have by then. You never know I may actually be able to make it. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Despite being a fan for 3 years I've never been to a con. People tell me it's more habit forming than Nicotine. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I haven't been to a anime con ever. I have been a fan since I can remember. Just haven't ever gone. 8O 8O 8O 8O
I probably won't dress up. Putting on pants in the morning, is enough of a problem. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am seriously considering it too now!! Let me figure a way to get there and maybe I will go!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
The difficulties of pants. Sad Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Ok to answer Kakoi Question the Convention will be from April 18th thru the 20th. Now as for Dressing up hell it's all up to the person me I'm bring two costumes and that's it for dressing up one day I will be just plain me.

Here is some ruff figures. If say Steve, Kakoi, Dark & I all decided to room together and split the cost it would be as thus...

But guys I have some great news, here it is... The price of a room at the Boston Park Hotel is $120 a night and $20 for each additional person. So for the 4 of us the total would be $160 a night or $480 for the weekend. Or $120 from each of us for all three nights

But there is a better way... my way. Being in the military has it's advantages. Like getting a room at Hascom AFB. A room there is $25 and $35 for a family room. Were family right. A family room has like a kitchen and what not in it so it's really nice. Oh and that's $25 or $35 a night.
If we took a room with two beds the military would charge us $45 a night and it would be $34 from each of us for the weekend.

45 x 3 = 135 divided by 4 = $33.75

Hell you minus the difference between the two $480 - $135 = $345
That's enough for a car rental $270 from Enterprise and we would still
have 75 bucks left over. You guys just say the word and I'll book us at the Base Inn. Now what do think...?
I'm working things out right now. If I can't go (for 3 nights), I might go for a day, at which point we'll set up a system to meet each other. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: