JJ arrested.
Cidien Wrote:I prefer to think of it as my blu-ray/ninja gaiden player. =P

What games do you have on the ps3? The only other game I have is resistance. The ps3 is incredibly stupid compared to the 360 because it does friends lists game by game instead of having a centralized friends list like the 360 does. Even most ps3 fanboys admit that was an incredibly stupid decision.

Bluray is sweet. I got a 40" sony bravia about 6 month ago and love bluray. The dvd upscalling is also very good.

They are trying to better themselfs with the friendslists. Alot of new games use the central friendslist now. Actually, the only game i know of that has its own friendslist IS resistance. You should get call of duty 4. Its the best shooter out atm. I have it for 360 since I got it flashed so multiplaform games are almost free.

I have resistance, motorstorm, formula 1, warhawk and uncharted and I'm getting Unreal 3 any day now. But im playing alot of Gran turismo 5 prologue the last few days since I get to beta test the online part. That game's graphics are stunning beyond belief.

Btw, how is JJ? Still banned from the internet?
Yea JJ is still banned from the Internet. i think its like 2 year probation on it and crap.
Ya I have cod4 for the 360 as well. If anything is out on ps3 and 360 i'll buy it on the 360. The controller is 50x better. (except the d pad) Only thing i'd choose to play on the ps3 over 360 if it's on both are fighters i'd use the d pad. Got unreal for the computer. Really is nothing for me to buy on the ps3 until ff/resistance2 or mgs4. Sony really needs more exclusives. I think they only reason they're even still afloat is because of the blu-ray player. I never woulda bought one without it. I woulda just rented one when those games came out.
Just noticed you said you had heavenly sword rav. I'd just like to say - i'm sorry. We rented that and regretting wasting $2 on that severely overrated game. I burst out laughing when people compare that game to ninja gaiden. Ninja gaiden takes skill or you're going to get ur ass whooped badly. If you're good you'll hardly get touched. Heavenly sword takes.... pressing a lot of buttons in random orders. Your character magically does lots of crazy cool looking things. Watching her fight is the only reason it wasn't a 100% waste. So unless you like watching fighting more than playing, stay away from heavenly sword.
Schultz Wrote:Yea JJ is still banned from the Internet. i think its like 2 year probation on it and crap.
Being banned from the internet would definately suck.
aka EngrishMajor
I picked up a bluray player now that the hd format war is over and got a copy of Appleseed Ex Machina-all I have to say is WOW!!!
I love anime-but I still have a life-but not by choice......?
zrdb Wrote:I picked up a bluray player now that the hd format war is over and got a copy of Appleseed Ex Machina-all I have to say is WOW!!!
Hopefully you got a BD-Live supported player, else you won't be able to fully play future titles. Also Blu-ray player prices are at an yearly high since the format war ended.. Sad
Just buy a cheap ps3 and a remote. No reason to buy a player at all really. Usually it costs a lot more to get the same quality the ps3 has. Was gonna buy appleseed on blu as well but walmart was stupid and didn't get it or any of the new blu releases in so I bought the special edition dvd. Matches the first one now so, that's kinda nice. Love those metal cases. Hopin they can get around to finish the nice releases of hellsing like they did with appleseed. Warner did a great job.
It's been so long since I posted that I almost forgot about this site. It's so good to see it still kickin and good to see names I haven't seen around here in years. I hope JJ gets everything taken care of and good luck to him. I finally got around to buying a 360, but I haven't played it in so long thanks to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I will be getting married on June 21st and our honeymoon will be spent in Japan. I will keep checking back from time to time to see how everyone is doing.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Wow. Walk away from a forum for over 2 years and it all goes to shit. How coincidental that the night I stumble back is the night that BBC America News is reporting on Canada's intricate organized crime networks. Mounties must have been hoping JJ had a tunnel running under the border.
This is the only anime community I was ever remotely involved in, it's a real shame that it seems to be on it's last breath now that I'm getting back into the hobby. Hopefully Schultz's claims from March still hold true and the rebirth is just around the corner. Either way best wishes to all.
Welcome Back. We are still working on it. But we have had some set backs. The guy that was doing graphics for the new site had some setbacks. He lost his harddrives that had all his work for us and his other clients. He got all his stuff back eventually but took him about a month. Which then of course set him back a few months worth of work. So we have been waiting for him to caught up again before he starts working on ours again. ;o( Shitty how things workout.
Wow, I randomly remembered this place while looking at another anime site and I'm amazed to find that this place is still up and running (although not active) even two years later. Are those plans to revamp the site still in place?
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
Just checking back on how things are going with JJ and the site. Hopefully all is well.
Macross. An experience often imitated, but NEVER duplicated. Shame on those who think otherwise.

Visit MacrossWorld for all your Macross needs!
wow. I haven't been here in ages. Hope all is well with JJ.

Nowadays seems that bittorrent has made HK's pretty obsolete.

Hope all is well with everyone or anyone who may remember me from the good old days.
That, and anime is actually reasonably priced nowadays. I only download shows to see if I like them now. If I do I go to bestbuy or amazon.com and buy 'em.