Samurai Champloo
Anyone know when EZ, MI, Mac etc will be releasing a Samurai Champloo complete, English dub set? Any info would be great. Thanks!
Im pretty sure the MAC set is coming out at the end of this month, or the beginning of March.
Im pretty sure MAC will be releasing it on the end of this month or at the beginning of March.
http://www.animegod.com will show you. Click on the coming soon titles on the side and go back a few pages. You'll see it.
Nice, thanks! I'm looking forward to buying that one.
For future refrence these questions won't get an answer with the exception of MAC simply because every other company keeps their plans secret.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Yeah, and MAC has been known to have titles on their comming soon pages for months. Then its a question of ordering them which can take shops another month to get it in. They make nice sets but their business plan sucks.
I wouldn't suggest the Mac one though. Their set is the whole 26 episode series on 2 discs. I'm guessing the quality will be awful, especially if they put 13 episdoes on 2 dvd 5s
Exactly, i'm hoping for a 3 disc set of this series. Then again, i'm still debating just buying the entire things R1 set (since it's one of the very very very few new anime i've actually enjoyed in the last couple years)
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
IMO MAC makes the best sets. MI about 99% of the time has no pixelation. MAC usually has about 5%, but has the most beautiful sets ever. I have stuck to getting no FX's, as the have far to much pixelation. I mean when the screen moves theres pixel. Thought I'd just put that out here so people can know my opinion. Big Grin
That's a pretty bold statement from someone so new to the forums.
I have a number of FX sets and find them to be of very high quality for the most part. Of course, mentioning FX at this point is kind of moot seeing that they are out of business.

I'm also amused that your post starts out stated as facts and only after you've given numbers do you mention that it's your opinion. I'm not sure how many DVD sets you've had a chance to watch and compare but my experience doesn't quite line up with the numbers you're sharing.

I also can't claim to have watched ALL titles but I have reviewed almost 140 different sets from all the different manufacturers and I have seen both the good and the bad from everyone. This is why it's so nice to have a resource available such as import-anime for people to look at what sort of quality they can expect prior to making their purchase.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
MAC is the worst company by far. I've watched more FX and MI sets than I have mac, and i've had more problems with mac sets be it pixellation or a stupid episode screw up like in dbz part 4 than I have from fx and mi combined. Plus I don't like their midget cases, but that's just a preference. =P
Cidien Wrote:MAC is the worst company by far. I've watched more FX and MI sets than I have mac, and i've had more problems with mac sets be it pixellation or a stupid episode screw up like in dbz part 4 than I have from fx and mi combined. Plus I don't like their midget cases, but that's just a preference. =P

Same here and than you add MACs decision to use those DVD-5s and there you have more problems. As far as the now dead FX goes I rarely had any problems with their sets period and the only time I saw a lot of pixelation was Project Arms[which wasn't a huge problem] and Kyo.

Edit - Guy probaly bought the worst FX sets there are or some bullshit like that.

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Wow. Im getting picked on. Thats not nice ! I own 5 FX sets and 4 outta 5 of them have quite a bit of pixelation. The other has none. 140 is a lot and I cannot compare to that, but Im just saying that 4 outta the 5 I have have about 20% pixelation. No need to get grumpy.
MIST00K Wrote:Wow. Im getting picked on. Thats not nice ! I own 5 FX sets and 4 outta 5 of them have quite a bit of pixelation. The other has none. 140 is a lot and I cannot compare to that, but Im just saying that 4 outta the 5 I have have about 20% pixelation. No need to get grumpy.

Next question which 5?

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New pressing of EZ Samurai Champloo? saitoh99 8 5,299 05-25-2006, 06:15 AM
Last Post: bmvtoys
  Samurai Champloo perfect? LordMelkor 3 2,597 11-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jarjar111
  Samurai champloo ep 23 the baseball episode Cidien 4 4,415 07-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Cidien
  Samurai Champloo DVD 1 + Artbox w/Bandana (Limited) + Vol.2 + Vol.3= (Recomendations) jarjar111 16 9,632 06-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Last Post: jarjar111
  Samurai Champloo Question WandererX12 13 6,532 04-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Psygnius
  Samurai Champloo The Maniac 40 13,579 02-17-2005, 01:24 PM
Last Post: desfunk
  Samurai Champloo Lost 0 184 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: