Samurai Champloo
desfunk Wrote:I have the movie on my computer, but for some odd reason it just doesn't run right. It seems to have framerate issues both on my PC and on the Xbox. Not to mention, the subs don't look to be that great (i've downloaded 2 different sets, and reading through both, there seems to be a lot of grammar errors)

I had the exact same problem. Just download VLC media player and the movie will run smoothly. (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/)
As far as the subs go I also downloaded another set, supposedly fixed, and although I spotted a few grammar errors they were perfectly understandable. I can't remember where I downloaded them so if you're interested I can send you an email with the subs attached.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
The problem is that i'm using VLC media player (it's the only decent video player i can get working on my crappy system). But it still didn't run right.

The thing that caught me off guard, was the fact that even the xbox media center couldn't play it right. Which is saying a lot, since i've NEVER seen it have a problem with any video files ever.

I think i'll just wait for my friend to buy it on dvd, or give it more time for other groups to possibly sub it. Then maybe they'll use an alternate video format.
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
desfunk Wrote:The problem is that i'm using VLC media player (it's the only decent video player i can get working on my crappy system). But it still didn't run right.

The thing that caught me off guard, was the fact that even the xbox media center couldn't play it right. Which is saying a lot, since i've NEVER seen it have a problem with any video files ever.

I think i'll just wait for my friend to buy it on dvd, or give it more time for other groups to possibly sub it. Then maybe they'll use an alternate video format.

Then your crappy system (sorry, just quoting you. :o ) might be the problem. That version of the movie is encoded in h264, which is a new format that requires a lot of processing power to play (but has very high image quality, as a tradeoff). If your computer isn't new enough, nothing is going to play a file in h264 format. Apparently not even the xbox media center. However, here you can download a version that isn't encoded in h264, and it already has subs.
Oh, and by the way, the only available dvd version of the movie doesn't have English subtitles. I've ordered it anyway but that's because I'm a freak and I want it in my collection. :p But, unless your friend's like me or speaks Japanese there's no point in buying the dvd.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Apparently not even the xbox media center.

Update your XBMC it does play it. Mine does. I'm not that keen on h264 encodes to be honest... Nothing ive seen has blown me away.
gubi-gubi Wrote:Update your XBMC it does play it. Mine does. I'm not that keen on h264 encodes to be honest... Nothing ive seen has blown me away.

Yeah, I should apologize to Desfunk fo suggesting that version, but at that moment that was the only version available for download. And you're right, I don't see much of a difference either.
So ... Nobody else got this ? :confused:

Do you find the out of synch subs as annoying as i do ?
Yup, thats why I watch the eng dub version.
animeshop Wrote:Yup, thats why I watch the eng dub version.

Will they fix this ?

Maybe Mac will release a set that's their own work and not rip this ?:confused:
Who knows. Why don't you just watch the eng dub version? Isn't that the reason everyone was rushing after this set?
That's not my case. I just want to have Samurai Champloo on dvd, I couldn't care less about the dub.
I hate eng Dubs...i buy r1 rips because of good subs Smile

oh...

There's something really wrong with the software EZdvd are using ...Sad

In Elfen Lied , at the end of the 1st episode some subs "Lock" and some are missing Sad

From the reviews Inuyasha also has Subtiles problem...

How disapointing... Sad

Do we have to count on MI to make good r1 rips (they make so few) ? Sad
Maybe you could ask JJ to pass on a msg to ezdvd - I'm sure they'd be interested in hearing customer feedback.

I agree Andromeda18 - I've always wanted this set. But since the dubbing for this set is pretty good, I like it even more cos it has it.
animeshop Wrote:Maybe you could ask JJ to pass on a msg to ezdvd - I'm sure they'd be interested in hearing customer feedback.

I agree Andromeda18 - I've always wanted this set. But since the dubbing for this set is pretty good, I like it even more cos it has it.

Well i believe JJ is a moderator for this forum, right ? so he probably (?) will read this :confused:
True, but at the same time he's quite busy so I dunno if he'd read every post.
gubi-gubi Wrote:Update your XBMC it does play it. Mine does. I'm not that keen on h264 encodes to be honest... Nothing ive seen has blown me away.

I'll have to try that. I haven't updated mine since early january. I'm curious if the newer versions will play Ergo Proxy as well (the 720p rip). The version i have now played about 3 seconds, then crashed back to the select screen.

As for Champloo. My set arrived this morning, and upon watching the first episode i've got some issues. There's quite a lot of grain/compression on these eps. During any fast paced scene you see a lot of artifacts (err, what's the proper term i'm trying to think of? when something looks like a jpg with heavy compression). All in all, i'm still happy just because i finally get to see the shows dub (i've only seen the entire series before subbed). But i've been so spoiled lately with high quality dvd-rips that i download then play on the xbox (just finished watching the entire fullmetal alchemist dub, and it was as close as i could get to owning the actual dvds). I also picked up the Requiem from the Darkness anime set, and it suffers from the same problems champloo has.
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New pressing of EZ Samurai Champloo? saitoh99 8 5,299 05-25-2006, 06:15 AM
Last Post: bmvtoys
  Samurai Champloo perfect? LordMelkor 3 2,597 11-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jarjar111
  Samurai champloo ep 23 the baseball episode Cidien 4 4,415 07-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Cidien
  Samurai Champloo DVD 1 + Artbox w/Bandana (Limited) + Vol.2 + Vol.3= (Recomendations) jarjar111 16 9,632 06-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Last Post: jarjar111
  Samurai Champloo Question WandererX12 13 6,533 04-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Psygnius
  Samurai Champloo The Maniac 40 13,580 02-17-2005, 01:24 PM
Last Post: desfunk
  Samurai Champloo Lost 0 184 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: