Samurai Champloo
What about the subs? Any problems?
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
I've only watched 1 episode dubbed so far. Also, i just read someones Requiem review, saying that the video quality gets better on the later discs. So maybe that happens with champloo as well? I'll probably make a full 'real' review when i finish watching the entire series.
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
the subs are Out of synch unfortunatelly, by a second or more Sad
Geez, that does suck. Makes me glad that i buy perfect sets for their dubs instead Tongue

Anyways, i'm onto the second disc of champloo. And other then some crazy artifacting during fight scenes, and the random blotchiness of really dark scenes, it isn't THAT bad. I love this series too much though, i may some day just suck up and buy the real
R1 set of it. To have it in full perfection.
desfunk Wrote:Geez, that does suck. Makes me glad that i buy perfect sets for their dubs instead Tongue

Anyways, i'm onto the second disc of champloo. And other then some crazy artifacting during fight scenes, and the random blotchiness of really dark scenes, it isn't THAT bad. I love this series too much though, i may some day just suck up and buy the real
R1 set of it. To have it in full perfection.

So how would you rate it on a 1-5 scale 5 being best 1 being worst?
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
You talking about the set overall? Or specific areas?

For me anyways, i'd give the overall set a 4. The dub track is great, and the video issues haven't bothered me THAT much. (though perfectionists would probably bitch about them.) I've seen much better Perfect Sets though. Still, it's well worth owning just to HAVE this series on dvd. Since it's one of the very few anime i've actually enjoyed in the last few years.

Also, the break down of the discs:
1- 8 episodes
2- 8 episodes
3- 10 episodes (and surprisingly not much of a dif in video quality)

And from what i've tested, the subs ARE out of sync by a full second almost. I've only tried this during the end credits, and they were off.
actually they are off by 1/2 a second, but most people cant read fast enough anywho. If anyone is having issues with "enlarged screen playback" (not sure if this was commented on yet so forgive me). Switch your player to 16:9 mode, and it will play correctly.

The artifacting is no worse then most series, i think people are being overly critical, ive seen far worse.

B

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New pressing of EZ Samurai Champloo? saitoh99 8 5,299 05-25-2006, 06:15 AM
Last Post: bmvtoys
  Samurai Champloo perfect? LordMelkor 3 2,597 11-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jarjar111
  Samurai champloo ep 23 the baseball episode Cidien 4 4,415 07-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Cidien
  Samurai Champloo DVD 1 + Artbox w/Bandana (Limited) + Vol.2 + Vol.3= (Recomendations) jarjar111 16 9,632 06-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Last Post: jarjar111
  Samurai Champloo Question WandererX12 13 6,532 04-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Psygnius
  Samurai Champloo The Maniac 40 13,579 02-17-2005, 01:24 PM
Last Post: desfunk
  Samurai Champloo Lost 0 184 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: