The movies
Well the last thing we went to see was Nanny McPhee... it was an excellent movie... not just for kids but for adults as well... I liked the subtle touches of magic in it, and that she was one step ahead of the kids all the way... it may be compared with Mary Poppins, but in my opinion it is so much better... course Mary Poppins is rather outdated by now... laugh...

I can't say too much more about it without giving away story plots... so I'll just quit...

We also saw Underworld Revolution... excellent... thoroughly enjoyed it... but then I liked Underworld... so that's not surprising...

Want to see Ultra Violet, of course the next Pirates of the Caribbean... and I'm sure there's a ton of others... will have to rent Legend of Zorro, Eon Flux, Brother's Grim, and who knows what else we've missed... laugh..
If you liked mask of zorro you'll like legend of zorro.
Cidien Wrote:If you liked mask of zorro you'll like legend of zorro.

laugh...but I didn't see that one either... and yes, I know I'll like Legend of Zorro because I like Antonio Banderas or however you spell it... I liked 13th Warrior, although it wasn't what I expected, I enjoyed it, and still watch reruns of it on TV if I catch it on... another one that wasn't what I expected was Brotherhood of the Wolf, loved it too... although I'm seriously not fond of the dub!! (hmmmm... I think my daughter has influenced me way too much... laugh)

Yeah, yeah, I know they aren't new releases... I was dissappointed in the Bewitch remake... guess I was expecting more from it... now I know we've seen more movies than this... I just don't remember what they were...

Oh, did enjoy Memoirs of a Geisha... made me cry... I looked at Tsukiko (my daughter) and said why are we crying? It was a good ending... laugh... Enjoyed Charlie & the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp.... enjoy most of his work... Secret Window was a real surprise... grin... missed Serenity... another one we need to rent...
Watch mask of zorro first.

Never seen brotherhood of the wolf. Friend said I should see it so we went to rent it a few days ago. Went to every place around here except blockbuster. Nobody carries that movie anywhere! Don't care if blockbuster even has it... hope that place gets sued or something and they all go out of business.
never heard of brotherhood of wolf, but seen four brothers and i thought that was a great movie.
[Image: ffc.jpg]
Brotherhood of the Wolf is a fantastic movie. I love that the French have finally enlisted the help of the Chinese for some of their fight choreography but still manage to keep the whole thing feeling like something not from HK or Hollywood. The dub is horrid though...
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
elcoholic Wrote:What? You mean to say you knew from the start that that guy in the middle of the room was still alive? I thought that was the best part. Movie kinda sucks if you knew that from the start.

Actually I did. I don't have a way to prove it to you so you'll just have to take my word for it. Right after the movie started and I saw the guy lying in the middle of the room I turned to my boyfriend and said "that's the killer", and sure enough he was. Same thing happened with Oldboy, long before the great secret was revealed I had already figured out what it was. I suppose I just have a good sixth sense for this sort of thing. :p But it doesn't really ruin anyhting for me, for one because I'm always eager to find out if I'm right or wrong but also because knowing the ending makes me want to know what happened in between even more. That's why I have the nasty habit of reading a book's final pages before actually getting there, I become even more curious. Sometimes I get the idea that the book ends in a particular way but after I read the whole thing and put those final pages into context I get really surprised. That's what happened when I read Banana Yoshimoto's Tsugumi, I thought Tsugumi was going to die in the end but afterall she didn't, even if it looked that way.

Zagatto Wrote:Brotherhood of the Wolf is a fantastic movie. I love that the French have finally enlisted the help of the Chinese for some of their fight choreography but still manage to keep the whole thing feeling like something not from HK or Hollywood. The dub is horrid though...

I watched this movie back in 2002 (when it premiered here) and thought it was really good. I watched it in it's original language though, the thought of dubbed films alone gives me chills!
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Cidien Wrote:Watch mask of zorro first.

Never seen brotherhood of the wolf. Friend said I should see it so we went to rent it a few days ago. Went to every place around here except blockbuster. Nobody carries that movie anywhere! Don't care if blockbuster even has it... hope that place gets sued or something and they all go out of business.

That's pretty bad what the hell happened between you and BlockBuster anyways?:confused:
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Back when I was still young enough that I couldn't open my own account I rented a couple dvds under my moms account. Well I kept them a little late and had just under $4 in late fees. They decided it would be a good idea to call and harass us every single day for 4-5 days to come pay the late fees, even though we told them every single day that we wern't going to make a trip all the way up north to pay a measly little late fee. We will pay it next time we come in to rent a movie. Well, they didn't think that was such a good idea. They decided to report my mom to the IRS and her credit got damaged. Why? Because they couldn't wait to get $4 goddamn dollars in late fees next time we rented a movie? Well guess what? There never will be a next time. They got their $4. They also lost thousands in future business.

Blockbuster is the definition of soulless corporate america. At least I can walk into a wallmart and sit down with a manager and have a reasonable discussion. The people working at blockbuster are dumbasses, and they know it too. Had a friend that worked at one for a while. He hated it because he had to be a dick every day when he knew he shouldn't be.
Gomen, I had the R0 Brotherhood of the Wolf for trade, but I've already traded it after I got the R1 version... that was one of those movies that I was surprised and shocked was shown in the theatre in French with subtitles!! It really was a mystery based on actual true events, however, this theory of the story was just that, a theory... since they never did discover what was actually causing the killings... they just stopped...

Anyway... I was still pissed about a certain major event in the movie... and I loved both the main characters, esp. Manny... course it doesn't hurt they were really cute either... laugh... course I liked the girl too... (the one with the seizures) too bad she was such a !!!!! I also thought the fight sequences were really well done... and so enjoyable to watch!!
Cidien Wrote:Back when I was still young enough that I couldn't open my own account I rented a couple dvds under my moms account. Well I kept them a little late and had just under $4 in late fees. They decided it would be a good idea to call and harass us every single day for 4-5 days to come pay the late fees, even though we told them every single day that we wern't going to make a trip all the way up north to pay a measly little late fee. We will pay it next time we come in to rent a movie. Well, they didn't think that was such a good idea. They decided to report my mom to the IRS and her credit got damaged. Why? Because they couldn't wait to get $4 goddamn dollars in late fees next time we rented a movie? Well guess what? There never will be a next time. They got their $4. They also lost thousands in future business.

Blockbuster is the definition of soulless corporate america. At least I can walk into a wallmart and sit down with a manager and have a reasonable discussion. The people working at blockbuster are dumbasses, and they know it too. Had a friend that worked at one for a while. He hated it because he had to be a dick every day when he knew he shouldn't be.

Damn that's good reason to hate Blockbuster. Talk about petty assholes

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:Damn that's good reason to hate Blockbuster. Talk about petty assholes

Aye that's why I try to warn people to stay away from them. They don't give a damn about you as a customer.

That's a big reason why I don't want to move to kansas city with my friend lol. (honestly that shouldn't even factor in but it does lol) The only two places I saw to rent anywhere in the city was blockbuster and hollywood video. I really don't like hollywood video either, but I also don't really have a problem renting from their either.
Cidien Wrote:Aye that's why I try to warn people to stay away from them. They don't give a damn about you as a customer.

That's a big reason why I don't want to move to kansas city with my friend lol. (honestly that shouldn't even factor in but it does lol) The only two places I saw to rent anywhere in the city was blockbuster and hollywood video. I really don't like hollywood video either, but I also don't really have a problem renting from their either.

Reason enough and if I recall Hollywood video was/is being bought out by a different company forgot the name. I saw something about that on Yahoo a while back.

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movies V.1 geo85 31 36,411 01-03-2014, 12:37 AM
Last Post: Prothervents
  Movies geo85 1 2,301 10-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Amethyst
  Movies ver 2.2 geo85 11 7,145 08-31-2007, 06:15 PM
Last Post: kakoi_sugoi_yama
  The New superman Movie. KnlfE 9 5,098 07-14-2006, 09:28 AM
Last Post: KnlfE
  name one movie you thought would suck and turned out to be pretty good Cyrus 17 8,279 06-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Cyrus
  The movie guy voice animeshop 2 2,180 04-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Cidien
  How's deepdiscountdvd for non-anime movies Seijuro Hiko 16 9,317 01-20-2006, 05:38 AM
Last Post: Cyrus
  Halo movie wrxh8r 22 10,642 10-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Cidien
  Silent hill movie babyeater0 2 2,452 10-16-2005, 10:38 AM
Last Post: desfunk
  What do you use to download music, movies and other stuff. Blight 34 14,220 06-30-2005, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Batz Kage