How's deepdiscountdvd for non-anime movies
Hey, I like to buy some non-anime dvds (because obviously this is the best place for anime), like tv series and movies and this site has very decent prices but I don't know anything about them, so I would like to know how is their service? is it reliable? Any help would be great...
Thanks!
There's no point introducing myself to the death.

My R1 Collection
My HK Collection
Their fine pretty much as long as you don't live in Illinois(due to sales tax) but their it seems to take longer to get stuff not don't know why but other than that their ok. I've placed more orders than I care to count with them mostly anime some others but I have always gotten my item and it's pretty easy to get replacements. The thing i've seen that's nice is in June and November they usually have a 20% off sale.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
i got an order from there and it was excellent. I was impressed and good prices.

So they are fine with me
Cyrus
In the few times I have ordered from them, they have not let me down. I've found they keep your account reasonably updated on their website and they send out confirmation emails. For a person living in Canada, it's nice to know there's an American seller who offers cheap flat rate shipping. One problem I have with them is that it's hard to get everything you want shipped at once. Backorder and pre-order items are shipped once they have it in stock and it gets a little expensive and annoying having to deal with customs every time they ship. I imagine the experience is a lot better on the other side of the border. Plus, I think they sometimes have a hard time keeping their stock status up-to-date.

I believe there have been other people who have had problems with their shipping times including paying extra to get their order faster but not getting their items on time.
Strong Bad 2000 Wrote:I believe there have been other people who have had problems with their shipping times including paying extra to get their order faster but not getting their items on time.

Shipping times yeah for me their pretty bad and I live in Illinois (same state) and i've still had stuff take 3 weeks if not longer to arrive and I mean preorders.

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:Shipping times yeah for me their pretty bad and I live in Illinois (same state) and i've still had stuff take 3 weeks if not longer to arrive and I mean preorders.

For heavens sakes! You're getting FREE SHIPPING!! So it takes a little longer to get, but you do get it... if you have to have it right away, go to Best Buy or someplace and pick it up for an extra $10!! laugh.. Pre-orders take awhile to get because they aren't in stock, but DD does usually list a date they will be available... and usually they ship it out before that date.... and yes, I've dealt with DD a lot... now what really irritated me, and it really isn't their fault, is I just picked up season 3 thru 8 of Stargate from half.com and amazon.com, and a couple of sets from DD for 20% off, then get an email like 3 weeks later with buy one boxset, get the 2nd one free!! Arghhhhhh.... I could of saved quite a bit of money... but may not have had them in time for Christmas... laugh... oh well.. way it goes I guess!!

(On a side note, didn't know you lived in IL Puppet Master... so do I, we should trade sometime... laugh... )
I've ordered from them twce. Sometimes it might take a little long, but their prices are excellent even WITHOUT free shipping, so I definitely reccomend them.
Never had a problem with them
Good place to get excellent deals on R1 anime and other non anime dvds
You can get faster shipping by paying for it, but free media mail is normaly still good.
In dis country u gota make da money first, den wen u get da money u get da power, and den wen u get da power, den u get da woman
Amethyst Wrote:For heavens sakes! You're getting FREE SHIPPING!! So it takes a little longer to get, but you do get it... if you have to have it right away, go to Best Buy or someplace and pick it up for an extra $10!! laugh.. Pre-orders take awhile to get because they aren't in stock, but DD does usually list a date they will be available... and usually they ship it out before that date.... and yes, I've dealt with DD a lot... now what really irritated me, and it really isn't their fault, is I just picked up season 3 thru 8 of Stargate from half.com and amazon.com, and a couple of sets from DD for 20% off, then get an email like 3 weeks later with buy one boxset, get the 2nd one free!! Arghhhhhh.... I could of saved quite a bit of money... but may not have had them in time for Christmas... laugh... oh well.. way it goes I guess!!

(On a side note, didn't know you lived in IL Puppet Master... so do I, we should trade sometime... laugh... )

lol It's more than that with them everytime their sites upgraded I run into more and more problems. Before I forget one of the biggest problems I've had with DDD has been NUMEROUS floaters, had a missing disc one fixed in a few days but still annoying, and a cracked case/disc (seen discs come cracked 2x in my life) I've ended up buying mostly from Rightstuf as of late due to it being a little cheaper (with the amount I end up spending I need to save lol). Happens to me all the time too where ill buy something and than pretty much right after I get it ill find it cheaper.

But yup I do live in Illinois in a town that no one?s even heard of except for one person in my experience but I won?t get into that I do agree with you on the trade thing though.

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
yeah free shipping is great if its free i can wait like a month and be fine
Cyrus
Amethyst Wrote:For heavens sakes! You're getting FREE SHIPPING!! So it takes a little longer to get, but you do get it... if you have to have it right away, go to Best Buy or someplace and pick it up for an extra $10!! laugh.. Pre-orders take awhile to get because they aren't in stock, but DD does usually list a date they will be available... and usually they ship it out before that date.... and yes, I've dealt with DD a lot... now what really irritated me, and it really isn't their fault, is I just picked up season 3 thru 8 of Stargate from half.com and amazon.com, and a couple of sets from DD for 20% off, then get an email like 3 weeks later with buy one boxset, get the 2nd one free!! Arghhhhhh.... I could of saved quite a bit of money... but may not have had them in time for Christmas... laugh... oh well.. way it goes I guess!!

It's more than that with them everytime their sites upgraded I run into more and more problems. Before I forget one of the biggest problems I've had with DDD has been NUMEROUS floaters, had a missing disc one fixed in a few days but still annoying, and a cracked case/disc (seen discs come cracked 2x in my life) I've ended up buying mostly from Rightstuf as of late due to it being a little cheaper (with the amount I end up spending I need to save lol). Happens to me all the time too where ill buy something and than pretty much right after I get it ill find it cheaper.

But yup I do live in Illinois in a town that no one?s even heard of except for one person in my experience but I won?t get into that I do agree with you on the trade thing though.

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:Before I forget one of the biggest problems I've had with DDD has been NUMEROUS floaters, had a missing disc one fixed in a few days but still annoying, and a cracked case/disc (seen discs come cracked 2x in my life) I've ended up buying mostly from Rightstuf as of late due to it being a little cheaper (with the amount I end up spending I need to save lol). Happens to me all the time too where ill buy something and than pretty much right after I get it ill find it cheaper.

Yeah, I've had to return Spiral disk 6 twice now because the disk was loose in the case and all scatched up, waiting for disk number 3... and since I send it back priority mail, that $14 disk has cost me $8 in shipping so I've lost any advantage in price... sigh... but I've also had to return stuff to Right Stuf for the same reason... so it happens... it's just irritating when it does though...

Yep, I'll need to go check your trade list here pretty soon and maybe PM you... laugh...
overall, most people i've talked to haven't had any trouble with them
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
Amethyst Wrote:Yeah, I've had to return Spiral disk 6 twice now because the disk was loose in the case and all scatched up, waiting for disk number 3... and since I send it back priority mail, that $14 disk has cost me $8 in shipping so I've lost any advantage in price... sigh... but I've also had to return stuff to Right Stuf for the same reason... so it happens... it's just irritating when it does though...

Yep, I'll need to go check your trade list here pretty soon and maybe PM you... laugh...

Number 3!? Damn that sucks the one time I sent them their disc back I used their parcel post thing and made them pay for it. I get the feeling it's either the post office being careless or their staff that or they just send the same one back.

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Seijuro Hiko Wrote:Hey, I like to buy some non-anime dvds (because obviously this is the best place for anime), like tv series and movies and this site has very decent prices but I don't know anything about them, so I would like to know how is their service? is it reliable? Any help would be great...
Thanks!

Well, I suppose you're talking about HK versions of non-anime dvds but in case you don't mind buying R2, and R3 versions with english subtitles go here: us.yesasia.com (or http://www.yesasia.com or even global.yesasia.com)
This website has a vast variety of Asian movies and tv series available, among other things, many of which have english subtitles. And the great thing is you don't have to pay for shipping if you spend more than $39. They have the most amazing special editions available there. Like these:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/co...004098399/
http://10.global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept....004060440/
http://10.global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept....004095134/
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]