Anime!
Gemini Wrote:same... but then again i still have to check out bleach. havent had the chance to see it yet.
we just moved into a new house so i havent had chance ot keep up with anything.

Hmm, I was wondering why I haven't seen you on AIM. And although I read the manga. Bleach is awesome.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Cidien Wrote:Now you got me wanting to see Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle now too lol. Downloading it now. Subscribing to narutocentrals gold downloads was the best $5 I ever spent. =P Just wish they updated more. Still, nice not having to look for torrents anymore for a bunch of series. Never would have even heard of trinity blood if I hadn't subscribed there.

I highly recommend Tsubasa! It's epic, adventurous, action packed... and it has that awesome quality CLAMP have gotten us used to.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
He doesn't come back.

And I havn't seen bleach yet either. I'm currently collecting the episodes, although i've been slacking lately. I just don't want another show to have to wait a week for a new episode like naruto lol.
yup, i was told bleach was good by many friends, but if you were to compare it what would you compare it to. just want to know for my own reference.
[Image: ffc.jpg]
Just keeping up with one piece and naruto. Don't make much time for anime lately. But that blood trinity and bleach sound nice. I'll have to look into that. Thanks!
bleach is awesome, one of the archs just finished this week. tsubasa is great too, does anyone know when season 2 is going to come out? i haven't really been looking hope it isn't out already
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
If everything goes according to plan season 2 will come out in April. Smile
april Sad that's so far away
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
Gemini Wrote:yup, i was told bleach was good by many friends, but if you were to compare it what would you compare it to. just want to know for my own reference.

Yu Yu Hakusho, except the fighting actually takes place in the spiritual realm instead of the living world. Well, technically, it takes place in both. Argh, it is kinda hard to explain lol. They both have a lot of similar ideas in them, like people that protect others from supernatural stuff, an after life hierarchy, and crazy powers and teammates. But all of these ideas are executed differently than Yu Yu. Oh, and they have an animated teddy bear that they torture, which is funny as hell XD.
I understand why you'd compare Yuyu Hakusho to Bleach but Bleach is way better (and mind you, I like Yuyu)! The art, the animation, the story, the battles, everything is better! Bleach is definitely a must, even if I liked it better in the beginning (I'm talking about the manga now).

By the way, has anyone watched Gilgamesh? Is it any good?
Andromeda18_ Wrote:I understand why you'd compare Yuyu Hakusho to Bleach but Bleach is way better (and mind you, I like Yuyu)! The art, the animation, the story, the battles, everything is better! Bleach is definitely a must, even if I liked it better in the beginning (I'm talking about the manga now).

As a manga, there is no question that I like Bleach better. I think the Yu Yu manga sucks, because as you say, the art is know where near as good. As far as the fights go, well, I'm jumping from manga to anime in my comparisons, so I can't really comment to well on it because one has a handy cap. But as far as animation goes for both anime (I have seen screens of Bleach), well, Yu Yu is a lot older, so well duh you know lol. But really, the only similarities that matter are the ghost/after life themes that run through both.

Also, I know it is personal biased that I like Yu Yu Hakusho because it was my gateway anime but beyond that I just liked better because of the characters. And especially the bad guys. From the Dark Tournament on, all you get is tortured souls that somehow ended up bad, and you almost feel sorry for them. And Even though some of the main characters feel stock, they were fairly complex and layered, and I felt more connected to them than I do anyone from Bleach.

Also as a small rant, volume 9 of Bleach was rather blah, and I picked 10 up today and was pretty angry to find more blah. A lot of stuff felt unnecessary and I just found myself not giving a damn and being like, "Hurry up and get going already!!!" Are they starting pump manga with filler now?
Blight Wrote:Also as a small rant, volume 9 of Bleach was rather blah, and I picked 10 up today and was pretty angry to find more blah. A lot of stuff felt unnecessary and I just found myself not giving a damn and being like, "Hurry up and get going already!!!" Are they starting pump manga with filler now?

I know what you mean. Volume 11 has been lying around in my bedroom for weeks now and although I love the story I just don't feel like picking it up because I'm afraid it will be like the previous volumes, (like you said) filled with blah!
Well since this is about anime we have been watching I might as well state what I have been watching recently. I have just recently watched and opened most of the anime I got at Anime Expo the previous summer. These include,

Ninja Scroll (Tv)
Ninja Scroll (Movie)
Guyver Bio Boosster Armor
Spirit Warrior

I have watched all these in dub version and after I finish the cuurrent one I am watching. That is to say Aura Battler Dunbine, I will probably watch them all again in subs. As for Aura Battler Dunbine, well seems like a good story so far, but the names suck I swear. Shot Weapon??? Who would give their character a name like that. Not a code name mind you but an actual name. Oyvei.
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
The Ninja Scroll movie remains one of my all time favourite pieces of animation. When I was younger all I saw was incredibly creative violence and solid animation. On successive viewings I saw more of the subtleties of the interactions between the villains and realized how much depth there was to the entire cast of this movie... best of all... I still get to watch innovative characters working their magic on each other.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Yeah, ninja scroll movie is my favorite anime movie. The moment i saw that fight with the boomerang ax guy I was hooked and it just keeps getting better after that fight. Plus the final battle is one of the best ever and it lasts long aswell.

I'm downloading Bleach now. It better be good since it keeps my pc busy for over 2 daysBig Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The anime makes the bike racing cooler annali 0 5,443 05-23-2014, 02:58 AM
Last Post: annali
  HK Anime Stores darkanx 3 12,207 11-03-2013, 02:32 AM
Last Post: tanakag
  The current state of HK anime darkanx 16 17,616 09-20-2013, 06:27 AM
Last Post: suzanerosh
  Anime boxsets I should own... guitarshredder 27 18,850 10-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Last Post: Wuschel
  Crazyass Anime darkanx 5 4,133 01-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Last Post: zrdb
  New to anime... HELP! momaw27 1 1,834 12-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Last Post: RF_InSAnE
  christian anime what!!!!!!!? Cyrus 33 14,971 11-28-2006, 08:23 AM
Last Post: gubi-gubi
  Import Anime Online Stores prnoct90 10 7,147 11-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Amethyst
  Upcoming anime for September 2006 to December 2006 Peter 9 5,384 09-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Andromeda18_
  Which anime do you think has the best dub, and the worse dub ? puzzleguy 28 12,240 09-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Cyrus