Which anime do you think has the best dub, and the worse dub ?
I know we all have our personal lists, of what we hate and what we like- a few of these titles are super horrible- more than likely the older titles- where they did not put as much effort into them, and did a quickie job in just getting them out ( saving a buck )

One of my favorites is CowboyBebop and Outlaw Star ( there are alot more )

One of my least favorites is FLCL- I think they did a fairly decent job on this title, i just like the Japanese voices beter- which i feel makes the 6 episodes what they are-

Usually if I see the Series in Japanese I dislike the English voices, and Vica versa- with the exception of Harlock Saga. even thou they got a major japanese actor do the original voice, I love the English dub better.

This will also give some of us better choices in chosing animes we dont have yet- I dont have the options that some of you have, We dont have the anime network or other channels-- Thou Tech Tv. does have a few on at 2 in the morning ( when I last that long )
Record of Lodoss War OAV has one of the best dubs...

Record of Lodoss War TV has one of the worse dubs ~_~
:o

one of the best dubs = goldenboy

one of the worst dubs = dragonball/z/gt
It's all EVIL!!
I love the dubs for the Streamline release of Castle of Cagliostro. I hate the Manga dubs for the same title.

My Neighbor Totoro, Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus, and Ninja Scroll all stand out as excellent dubs.

801 TTS Airbats, BrainPowered, and Love Hina Eikoden are some of the worst dubs that come to mind right away.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Well since it's MEANT to be a Dub I have to say the best are both vampire movies...Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust and Blood the Last Vampire.

Worst would be anything DragonBall (really anything by FuniMat).
Trigun has an UN-GODLY DUB as well. I think it ties with DB.
Gokudo has a wretched dub.
Tekkaman Blade 2 has a terrible dub.
Gundam Wing has an annoying cast of "VAs".

I think I will stop now because I don't want to get on a roll...
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Best ones would be Cowboy Bebop, You're Under Arrest, and Steel Angel Kurumi.

Worst ones would be Initial D.
Best dubs: GTO (minus Wendee Lee), Golden Boy, YUA, Now and There & Here and There, Devil Lady, Cowboy Bebop, Noir (minus Hillary Haag) and Zone of the Enders TV

Worst dubs: Sakura Wars TV, Love Hina, X TV (except Crispin Freeman), Fancy Lala and Chobits
[Image: bl453.png]
Best:

Cowboy Bebop
OutLaw Star
Hellsing
Now Here and There
Gundam Wing

Worst

Excel Saga
SailorMoon
Love Hina
DNA^2
Trigun

(NB there are more but cant remember and i Not a big fan for Dubs! Subs are the way for me, unless i'm tired to concentrate on writing-eg late at night)
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
Quote:Originally posted by Peter
Best dubs: GTO (minus Wendee Lee), Golden Boy, YUA, Now and There & Here and There, Devil Lady, Cowboy Bebop, Noir (minus Hillary Haag) and Zone of the Enders TV

Worst dubs: Sakura Wars TV, Love Hina, X TV (except Crispin Freeman), Fancy Lala and Chobits

Hey!!!!! No bad mouthing Hillary Haag while I'm around. :mad:
Hillary voice is really really really annoying (I can't stand it and quite franckly, she almost in every ADV series, that`s another reason to be annoyed), she was fine for Ryo in Princess Nine and Nene in BGC 2040(It suits her perfectly). She wasn`t supposed to be in the Noir cast, Christine Autin (can`t remember her family name correctly) would have been a perfect choice for Chloe. I think, Hillary will be in the Azumanga Daioh voice cast, so i'll stick with my sub.
[Image: bl453.png]
Hey!!! You weren't supposed to be bad mouthing her!!!

I actually like her and her voice. They usually cast her in kiddy roles which are perfect for her. Nene and Ryo were two of her best roles. I loved her role in Nadesico as well as what she's doing in Super Gals right now. Her best role IMO was Kirinka in Steel Angel Kurumi. Chloe probably wasn't the best role for her. She does have a small role in Azumanga. I wish they had let her be Chiyo, but she gets to be Chihiro?? Not even sure who that is.
best dubs

cowboy bebop
x tv
3x3 eyes (yakumo's voice is ace!)
patlabor movies

worst dubs

evangelion
hellsing
excel saga
kenshin (all)
dbz
the list goes on......
see you space cowboy...
BEST DUBB's

-Cowboy Bebop
-Hellsing
-Outlaw Star
-FLCL
-RahXephon
-Last Exile
-I, My, Me Strawberry Eggs
-Witch Hunter Robin
-Automatic Madien
-Trigun

WORST DUBB's

-Garzy's Wing
-Argentosoma
-Ai Yori Aoshi
-noir
-Any Dragon Ball Z
-Laymbrith of Flames

there are a few others on both lists but i cant remember.

-LE
-
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST
How's the dub for Nadia, the Secret of the Blue Water? I have only seen in Japanese version. I think Vicious should know. He just picked up a copy.
Quote:Originally posted by hbk101
How's the dub for Nadia, the Secret of the Blue Water? I have only seen in Japanese version. I think Vicious should know. He just picked up a copy.

How'd you know I just picked up a copy?

The dub is OK I guess. It's an ADV release, but the dub is not by IS&M. I think they used Monster Island to do the dub for this one. so I don't get to hear my usual favorite VA's like Hillary Haag and Monica Rial. The dub is OK, except they give some of the characters really annoying accents. Unfortunately, one of those characters happens to be one of the main characters, so I will have to listen to his annoying French accent for all 35 episodes. They don't try to change words around like in Lupin or Initial D, so thats a good thing. But the accents are annoying as hell.