Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Anime!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've noticed some of you have been watching Gankutsuou and really enjoying it. I've watched this series quite a few months ago and loved it. At the time I also watched Otogizoushi which is the best anime I've ever seen. And lately I've been watching some very cool and interesting series. Peace Maker Kurogane, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Basilisk, Paradise Kiss, Trinity Blood and at the moment Mushishi. I have to say I'm quite satisfied with the series being made at the moment and I was wondering if anybody else feels this way. If so what good anime have you been watching?
wow. its been a while since there's been a thread like this...
anyways, The last anime I watched was trinity blood. It was pretty good except that the ending was too abrupt and there was really no closure...
I've also been watching Jigoku Shoujo which is also a pretty cool series, Very episodic but from the last episode iv seen (episode 8), It looks like it could get better.
Having not read the manga, I'm also curious to see where bleach is going.
The Black Cat anime also looked pretty good from what i saw of the first ten episodes, but then it got licensed and i can't find it anymore Sad

anywho, thats all I can think of now. Smile
I'm watching trinity blood right now and rather amazed at how good the series is. It's like vash is set in a cooler setting with alucards powers lol.

Watched a couple blood+ episodes and those are cool.

Naruto is still good although (kinda spoilers here...) i'd like them to get back to the main plot and find sasuke.

That's pretty much the newer stuff i've watched lately. Btw anyone heard anything more on the new hellsing series. Thought that was supposed to have started already?
too bad i heard with naruto the rest of the season is going to be filler. i have so much on my computer i haven't watch yet and i can't download anymore anime till i clear my hard drive Sad but i recently started getting my orders from right stuf's christmas sale, started watching black heaven and i enjoy it so far.
Cidien Wrote:I'm watching trinity blood right now and rather amazed at how good the series is. It's like vash is set in a cooler setting with alucards powers lol.

Watched a couple blood+ episodes and those are cool.

Naruto is still good although (kinda spoilers here...) i'd like them to get back to the main plot and find sasuke.

That's pretty much the newer stuff i've watched lately. Btw anyone heard anything more on the new hellsing series. Thought that was supposed to have started already?

From what I've heard the new Hellsing series is supposed to start later this month.
more trinity blood spoiler stuff kinda

The ending wasn't that abrupt. Anyone know if they are making another series though? If they aren't they should have just had abel win in the end. The way it went it seems as though they are planning to keep going in the future.
Cidien Wrote:more trinity blood spoiler stuff kinda

The ending wasn't that abrupt. Anyone know if they are making another series though? If they aren't they should have just had abel win in the end. The way it went it seems as though they are planning to keep going in the future.

I highly doubt it considering the guy died shortly before the anime was released. Sad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_Blood_%28novel%29
vegeta76 Wrote:I highly doubt it considering the guy died shortly before the anime was released. Sad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_Blood_%28novel%29

Well, that sure sucks! I enjoyed the anime's ending but since it doesn't really end I was hoping the manga would continue where the anime left off. I guess that's not going to happen now. :mad:

vegeta76 Wrote:The Black Cat anime also looked pretty good from what i saw of the first ten episodes, but then it got licensed and i can't find it anymore Sad

anywho, thats all I can think of now. Smile

Are you certain? 'Cause not only have I found no information about that but I have 11 episodes and the 12th was aired only 2 days ago. You can find Black Cat torrents on torrentspy.com and bakakozou.com.

By the way, if anyone's thinking of watching Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle you should know a 2nd season will be aired in Japan starting in April.
wow, all this talk about trinity blood has got me excited. i am a huge fan of trigun, and if what you say is even remotely true then im all for it. But do you know where i could purchase it? thanks a whole bunch!;P
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Are you certain? 'Cause not only have I found no information about that but I have 11 episodes and the 12th was aired only 2 days ago. You can find Black Cat torrents on torrentspy.com and bakakozou.com.

Thanks for the links. I just assumed it was since it was no longer on anime suki. :confused:
Ranmafan Wrote:wow, all this talk about trinity blood has got me excited. i am a huge fan of trigun, and if what you say is even remotely true then im all for it. But do you know where i could purchase it? thanks a whole bunch!;P

It hasn't even been released in the us yet. Download the fansubs or you can wait for funimation to begin releasing it. However you'd probably have to wait well over a year from now until you can watch the whole thing.
Also I don't see how you think that means they won't have any more as his friend was asked to continue the series.
Now you got me wanting to see Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle now too lol. Downloading it now. Subscribing to narutocentrals gold downloads was the best $5 I ever spent. =P Just wish they updated more. Still, nice not having to look for torrents anymore for a bunch of series. Never would have even heard of trinity blood if I hadn't subscribed there.
Hmm, I'll have to check out this Trinity Blood show since so much is being made out of it.

But I am knee deep in Naruto right now. I had been reading the manga, but it is so ****ing slow that I said screw it and downloaded fan subs of the Anime. I liked it for what it appeared to be, an nice shonen story with a tried and true "Never give up" attitude that is always a winner. But the writer in me was impressed with some of the themes I saw after the show started to develop, even if their execution is sometimes heavy handed or the delivery of a point is sometimes wishy-washy. I absolutely love the similarities and contrasts of the two "monsters." How they are the same with the hell they went through and the how one event creates the differences in the meaning of their existences.

The emotional power the show creates in me impresses me as well. Yu Yu Haksuho can't even compare to how excited I feel during some scenes. Fights are a battle of morals, hearts, and ways of life, where not only the ideals of the people are at stake, but the very core of what a makes a person the way there are will crumble or evolve right along with the bodies of the fighters. Naruto started for me as a distraction that grew in to a favorable interest, and now has become a raging obsession. It went from slightly above average shonen fair, to looking at the abstract and intangible core/heart/soul/pureness-of-existence for its characters, and does it really damn well. Also, the fact that I have been working a story for four years that has a main character very similar to Naruto (except not a dumbass?) makes me like it that much more as well. I can't really articulate how enormously joyous it is for me to discover that something this main stream still has a ton of heart and load of soul. I know that I will be cursing the next filler period (I?m on episode 79), and I acknowledge the possibility of an early peak, but as good as it has been so far, it has nothing else to prove to me.

Edit and a big ass spoiler after seeing episode 80 (Highlight it):

[COLOR="White"]
You know what else I like, having balls enough to kill a character and not resurrect them 20 minuets later. I might bite myself in the ass by saying this, and if I'm wrong, DON'T tell me, but the 3rd is gone, and he ain't coming back. Too many other shows have some half-assed bullshit way of resurrecting dead characters and I have always found that to defeat the purpose of them dieing in the first place in addition to removing me emotionally from the show. If someone died in DBZ, big fucking deal. But if they can't comeback, I care a hell of a lot more. The 3rd gave his life, and it actually meant something. He saved everyone FOR REAL and had to die to do it! His death meant something and one of those half-assed BS revivals would be completely dishonorable. So yeah, I really admired that about the show as well, even though his death does hurt; but it was supposed to.[/COLOR]
Blight Wrote:Hmm, I'll have to check out this Trinity Blood show since so much is being made out of it. ]

same... but then again i still have to check out bleach. havent had the chance to see it yet.
we just moved into a new house so i havent had chance ot keep up with anything.
Pages: 1 2 3